TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

I'll just leave this here. It happens to be 150x150 px

3b4ceab5d4d4f93eccf18653b30e59b4.jpg

Sorry for ruining your life coasterbill. It's out of love. This is what it's like to be a celebrity!

If we ever cross paths I owe you a roast beef sandwich! (sorry, I'm not a beer drinker; though I do enjoy hard cider). Little known fact about Buffalo... we have the best roast beef sandwiches!

http://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com/crawl/beef-on-weck/

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we ever cross paths I owe you a roast beef sandwich! (sorry, I'm not a beer drinker; though I do enjoy hard cider). Little known fact about Buffalo... we have the best roast beef sandwiches!

http://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com/crawl/beef-on-weck/

I never knew that, but it sounds awesome. Then again I suppose I need to get the touristy thing out of the way and hit up the Anchor Bar before I can go on a "Beef Crawl" .

Who knows, we might head up that way next year. I'm itching to get back to Niagara Falls and I still need to check out Martin's Fantasy Island (I know, the excitement is killing me too). I sort of feel like doing that on the way back from Cedar Point this year.

You can kill two birds with one stone if you go to Anchor Bar. Get an order of hot wings, an order of spicy BBQ wings and a beef on weck for your crew and split them. I was pleasantly surprised that Anchor actually has really good beef on weck sandwiches.

But if you're in Buffalo and don't give a crap about nostalgia, I would say f%ck Anchor Bar and go to ABV instead....they have some of the best burgers that I have ever had along with a great rotating craft draft list. ABV is about a half mile from Anchor on Allen St.

ABV

I've recently been meaning to take a few laps on silver comet, it's been a loooonnnggg time since I've been to [M]FI.

It used to be a great ride (and fun to operate! Lining up the train was always fun --- no sensors on that thing) I just hope they've maintained it well. Also I wonder if my 117 rides in one day record (they carved my tally in the control panel lol) has ever been surpassed... that was a fun day when I was practically the only one in the park and yet they actually stayed open.

If you ever find yourself in the area and want to meet up for a ride or two let me know.

Then go do cave of the winds at Niagara Falls 10 min away! Because it's awesome.

I need an excuse to bring my fiancee to the park she has had no interest in going even though we drive past it all the time. I think the problem is I told her too many bad stories from working there lol. I think she'd enjoy it if she gave the comet a shot.

Okay that's it, I have to ask. WTF does "on weck" mean? Is this a Buffalo thing? I'm just now learning how to speak Philly, don't tell me I have to learn to speak Buffalo too.

Edit: ^ Lol, sounds good! And yeah, I've been meaning to do Cave of the Winds. It looks great, I was between that and Journey Behind the falls but based on the reviews on here I'm leaning towards Cave of the Winds.

What the heck is weck:

https://www.charliethebutcher.com/files/4014/1236/1937/Birthday_Card-10_Sample.pdf

Cave of the winds (don't take MY word for it*):

http://www.tripadvisor.com/283344?m=19905

*The only bad reviews come from those in wheelchairs, the fact there is no actual cave, there can be a long line, and mothers who think their kids are going to fall into the water / feel it's unsafe...

Edited by anonymouscactus

The best attraction at Fantasy Island...Big Gulp-sized Pepsi cups filled with Molson Canadian for about $6-7.

And yes, Silver Comet is pretty fun too other than their shitty snail-paced one train ops - the beer will help tolerate that though

794276035_Picture072.jpg.0bbd77a3c679b9a7a3365ffa6dd9d139.jpg

2020679504_Picture073.thumb.jpg.2444fc4859e3a107ed21dbadd7b55ef5.jpg

Best beer prices at any park that we have visited!

Alright everyone! Pull up a chair, grab a beer and watch the f*cking tram car because it’s time for Wildwood Weekend Part 2!

When Boldikus showed up we had already hit many of the rides on Mariner’s Pier, but we decided to take the opportunity to re-ride a few things (like Riptide and the Boomerang) before heading over to Surfside. Brit and I also took the opportunity to ride Moby Dick, which is apparently a staple of every Jersey Shore park. Boldikus insisted that we both ride it on the far end but also made it abundantly clear that he wasn’t coming with us.

31.thumb.jpg.90fd6c6ddaed591f5476240aad5b9d2f.jpg

Photo by Boldikus, weird filter also by Boldikus (fun fact: every photo in this part of the report is by Boldikus because I totally suck at taking photos for trip reports)

As soon as the ride took off I understood why he insisted we ride. This thing is borderline insane, and I have no idea what crazy a**hole thought it would be a good idea. It was a laugh fest, but if I was prone to motion sickness at all I’m pretty sure this thing would have killed us. Initially I assumed this is why he didn’t want to ride, but after seeing the pictures I wasn’t sure if he was prone to motion sickness or if he just wanted a picture of me smiling under a huge flashing light up “Dick” sign for future TPR memes / blackmail purposes.

imag1405_0.thumb.jpg.db0819b8656b48fa2e200fc28010e756.jpg

Mariner’s Pier. I love the placement of the swings.

After stumbling off the awesome Moby Dick ride, we finally decided it was time to make our way down to Surfside. Boldikus made sure to show us all of the cool places along the way, including all of the awesome boardwalk food. Since we were only there for one full day, I made it my mission to try one of everything. I have to admit, I’m a little fuzzy on the order in which everything went down. Part of that is because it was 6 months ago, the other part was because of the alcohol. That being said I’ll just fake it till I make it.

On the way to Surfside we made a few pit stops. The first was at Capt'n Jack's to start things off right with a few Rum Runners.

11.jpg.e3dc3fe9c1dcef6cceac26a9c1b874c4.jpg

Cheers!

While enjoying our drinks, Boldikus informed us of the ongoing pizza war taking place in Wildwood. Every good boardwalk has a pizza war. We’re all too familiar with the Rehoboth Beach Grotto vs. Nicola war (deguy123 is on the losing side of this one, lol) and apparently Wildwood was a pizza war between Mack’s and Sam’s. We started out with slices from Sam’s, Boldikus was of course being totally unbiased as he wanted us to make up our own minds without any outside pressure. Trying to remain as unbiased and professional as possible he informed us that the pizza we were about to eat was pretty much sh*t and expressed his concerns over the fact that his family was corrupting his little nephew by making him eat it.

In all seriousness the pizza was very good. It was basically New York style but I was impressed. I was excited to see if Mack’s would be able to top it, but I was even more excited to ride Zoom Phloom so we would have to wait to finally find out.

See that right there? That’s a cliffhanger. I know… you’re all probably on the edge of your seats to see what pizza we liked better. I don’t blame you. This is some important sh*t right here. Also, I’m aware that there’s no picture of the pizza. Is it because we didn’t take one? Is it because I just like pissing people off by not including food pictures? The world may never know.

At this point I had been deprived long enough, so when we arrived at Surfside we weren’t wasting time. Surfside Pier was absolutely packed full of coasters, great flat rides and an awesome Larson tower but we weren’t about to be distracted by any of that trivial bullsh*t. We had phlooming to do.

09.jpg.a3526b551f9fd4554473cb9cba5d4bca.jpg

View from the queue. SKLOOOOOOOOOOSH

As I had mentioned earlier, this was the thing that finally sold me on Morey’s and it absolutely didn’t disappoint. In my humble opinion this is the best ride in Wildwood by far and possibly the best ride in the state of New Jersey not named El Toro. I may be alone in that opinion, but I don’t particularly care. Not only is it a long ride that provides an acceptable amount of wetness, but the PG13 under the boardwalk portion was hilarious and the ride’s location within a few feet of the “great” Nor’easter was super cool. This thing is complete perection on it’s own, but the location and it’s interaction with the other rides makes it even more awesome.

IMG_2805.thumb.JPG.b1a5c4c7bf3aa8c56407ab086db71a11.JPG

Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!

After the Flume we decided to work our way around Surfside a little bit more. Our next stop (maybe… who the hell could remember but roll with it) was AtmosFEAR. This is a Larson tower, and one thing we learned from the Knoebels tower is that these things are holyf*ckingsh*t awesome. You have no concept of when you’re near the top of the tower, they don’t stop at the top, you just drop. I absolutely love these things because they offer ejector air all the way down the drop and once you reach the bottom it stops on a dime which makes you feel like you’ll crash through the boardwalk and become theming for the “under the boardwalk” section of the Log Flume. I guess since we’ve all got to go sometime, being one with the log flumes would be an appropriate last wish. Lol

10.thumb.jpg.be9656fcb1764af72d69caf3b52758c8.jpg

Photo by Boldikus: You can tell because it’s blue

Anyway, the ride did eventually stop and we’re happy to say we survived. That tower (like all Larson towers) is awesome. The awesomeness of their drop towers makes me really excited for the future of the industry now that they’ve entered the coaster market and brought their incredible brand of thrills to Six Flags parks across the country.

After the drop tower we walked around the pier a little more and hit some flat rides. I’m pretty sure our next stop was the flyers which had an awesome lighting package (this is a recurring theme) and even though they were Larsons, the ocean breeze made them slightly snappable and the location of this ride is awesome.

08.jpg.5c5fca8f227e8b5875e96b4d7c1d9d4e.jpg

Yo listen up here's a story about a guy named Boldikus that lives in a blue world and all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue like him inside and outside blue his filters with a blue Larson flyer And a blue drop tower And everything is blue for him… okay I’ll stop…

07.jpg.be8b225204536ebd805009442b278145.jpg

…I have a blue flyer that looks like a shark… blue is the color of all that I wear…. blue is the “Rock & Roll” and “Dantes Dungeon”…. I have a girlfriend and she is so blue (see look… true story, there she is)

Okay, for real this time. Sorry.

After that we figured it was time to hit up some coasters. On paper, the coaster selection on this pier isn’t all that impressive. They have more coasters than the other piers, but the selection consists of a small portable coaster, a wild mouse and a Vekoma SLC. Two of those coasters rode exactly as we anticipated but one was a pleasant surprise.

Our first stop was Flitzer which turned out to be a really solid little ride. It’s basically one giant helix but for some reason it’s a ton of fun. The loading procedure is hilarious as it requires you to put on not one, not two, but three seatbelts. The ride then launches you out of the station using a drive tire that someone accidentally switched from “normal drive tire” mode to “Incredible Hulk launch tunnel” mode. It then proceeds up the weird looking lift hill around an endless helix and (because this thing totally doesn’t have block sections) once it reaches a point in the track where the ride op feels like you probably won't get smilered they launch the next car at the lift hill at an unreasonably fast speed. Finally the ride ends with some compact, surprisingly fun banked turns that seem like the byproduct of someone trying to build the finale of El Toro with a $10 budget and a pile of scrap metal they found in the back yard.

Honestly I don’t know if this review sounded positive or negative, but I mean all of these things in the most awesome way possible. The ride is shady as hell but that’s what makes it so cool and somehow it might be the second best coaster in Wildwood.

13.jpg.d49afc6967b8e45fbcea0b30136c2ae7.jpg

Flitzin’

After Flitzer we headed over to Doo Wopper which is the park’s Wild Mouse. Apparently it’s themed to McDonalds which was kind of cool, but sadly the ride was very forgettable. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t overly good either. I’m not sure if that was part of the McDonalds tie-in or what but that coaster was entirely forgettable. By that point though we didn’t mind, because it had already become apparent that coasters weren’t the focus of Morey’s. Sure they have some super-fun coasters, but the insane flat rides, great flume and awesome boardwalk were the draw here.

Speaking of awesome flat rides, I think we’ve gone too long without talking about the most insane (non up-charge) flat ride of them all, “it”.

I didn’t have high expectations for “it”. Dorney has sort of given KMG fireball rides a bad name for me but that was about to change because “it” feels like they took Dorney’s piece of sh*t Fireball ride, put lap bars on it and then switched the ride from it’s original operating mode of running on a standard electrical feed to running purely on some ultra-specific mixture of cocaine and Five Hour Energy shots.

27.thumb.jpg.a7668c07d1fdc0f42b34bcdc2520e9a8.jpg

I literally can’t believe this thing is allowed to exist (taken from the bar if you’re wondering about the strings. They’re to prevent seagulls from sh*tting in my orange crushes).

I honestly can’t even find the words to describe “it”. Despite it’s small size, it absolutely blows the larger models like Delirium and Maxair to hell. This ride is completely mental and everyone who hasn’t experienced it really needs to. The lap bars are just the icing on the borderline-psychotic cake. WTF???

After experiencing the greatness that was “it” we were about ready to end our Surfside pier experience on a high note with a few orange crushes before heading down to Adventure Pier to ride Great White but we were suddenly hit with the crippling realization that ending on a high note wouldn’t be an option.

Unfortunately for us there was still one coaster left to ride, and it was by far the biggest steaming pile of sh*t on any of the three piers. Before we were allowed to ride the steaming pile of Vekoma greatness we had to walk through a metal detector and put everything in a locker. This was a nice touch because I’ve often wondered to myself if it was possible to make the Vekoma SLC experience any more terrible and was never able to come up with a way to do that, but merging the experience with an airport style TSA experience was a great solution.

As far as the ride itself, a stupid part of me was kind of optimistic at first. The view from the lift hill is stunning and with the new and improved vest restraints I did temporarily feel as if I had reason for optimism. That ended in a hurry though as soon as the ride started down the drop.

16.jpg.3c199298fd06ce42cfe81c87cd08dee6.jpg

Why does this thing exist?

With the new restraints, the ride was completely free of headbanging but it was easily the most jarring and terrible SLC we had ever experienced and that’s obviously quite an achievement. That being said, the view is awesome and the interaction with nearby rides is really cool so I’m really hoping this refurbishment pays off. As of last year though this thing was so bad it was almost amazing. Boldikus and I both walked off that ride with a bit of a headache and Brit didn’t even wait for us at the lockers because she was determined to get as far away from it as possible and never look back so we all decided that it was time to go to the bar… go straight to the bar… do not pass go… do not collect $200.

29.thumb.jpg.3c8cc784f28c6c8e52d0efc5cfce8d00.jpg

View from the bar.

I have to say, the rooftop bar on Surfside might just be the best thing ever and after a few sips of our orange crushes we had already forgotten our traumatic ride on that Vekoma train wreck and were back to enjoying our epic Wildwood weekend. After a few crushes we were more than ready to head down towards the adventure pier and experience the star coaster (and star pizza) of Wildwood.

Part 3 coming soon…

Awesome, awesome, awesome report as always. 12/10, would recommend.

The awesomeness of their drop towers makes me really excited for the future of the industry now that they’ve entered the coaster market and brought their incredible brand of thrills to Six Flags parks across the country.

My only visit to Wildwood was in 2015, and I was limited to about two hours to experience all three piers. I was only able to experience the coasters and the flyers as a result and missed out on all of the other goodness. I'm going to have to rectify that.

Best installment yet! Favorite parts:

This was a nice touch because I’ve often wondered to myself if it was possible to make the Vekoma SLC experience any more terrible and was never able to come up with a way to do that, but merging the experience with an airport style TSA experience was a great solution.

Initially I assumed this is why he didn’t want to ride, but after seeing the pictures I wasn’t sure if he was prone to motion sickness or if he just wanted a picture of me smiling under a huge flashing light up “Dick” sign for future TPR memes / blackmail purposes.

DEAD. Fu*king DEAD.

I didn’t have high expectations for “it”. Dorney has sort of given KMG fireball rides a bad name for me but that was about to change because “it” feels like they took Dorney’s piece of sh*t Fireball ride, put lap bars on it and then switched the ride from it’s original operating mode of running on a standard electrical feed to running purely on some ultra-specific mixture of cocaine and Five Hour Energy shots.

I can't think of a better way to describe this ride. Complete insanity. The main reason I'm so stoked to finally have a season pass this year is for repeated IT rides when I'm down.

Also you didn't mention that after our Nor'easter ride I insisted we stop to pick up Advil and coffee before downing a beer until I felt better. That ride was AWFUL. No headbanging, but still a headache. How is that even possible?

And didn't you guys ride Dante's Dungeon in there at some point?

Lmao. Seriously love these reports. I'll leave out the highlights because everyone needs to read the entire thing.

Disappointed with the pizza cliffhanger, though. 1/10 would not recommend.

Also: smilered? lol... what a dick

fa350b29f22128f611c4e40654671afe.jpg

Edited by anonymouscactus

OMG LOL^

And oh yeah sorry for the blue tinted photos though I will say I feel some type of way apologizing for photos in someone else's TR. Pretty sure I was messing with my camera settings that morning and just kinda forgot since I'm definitely not a real photographer and more or less take a million and one random shots of anything and everything without really paying attention to what I'm doing and most of them turn out like blurry messes of nothingness but sometimes I get lucky with a handful that turn out OK.

And oh yeah sorry for the blue tinted photos though I will say I feel some type of way apologizing for photos in someone else's TR.

I never have trip reports in mind when taking pictures so I never have enough, I'm glad you had as many as you did (though I do have plenty for the next portion). No need to apologize, everyone just has a semi-awful, semi-awesome song stuck in their head now.

fa350b29f22128f611c4e40654671afe.jpg

• 3 months later...

Okay, I realized I should probably finish this thing before we hit the one year mark, so here goes…

After leaving Surfside we decided that it was finally time to make our way down to the final pier, Adventure Pier! One thing that became really apparent on jaunt to the jawn (how did I do?) was that Wildwood is f*cking huge. The beach is huge, the boardwalk is huge, if you have a Fitbit like I do this place will make you look like the most physically fit person on earth as long as you don’t enter the countless slices of pizza, buckets of fries and gallons of custard you inhale while you’re racking up those steps.

IMG_2824.thumb.JPG.d9b62200e380a38dc6db33ba058d1e3d.JPG

We had to play a few games along the way too, these moles are about to get whacked... this takes on a whole new meaning in Jersey.

Speaking of which, on the way to Adventure Pier we decided to indulge in some more pizza, this time from Mack’s! Mack’s is a Wildwood staple and Boldikus had been not so subtly informing us that it was way better than the sh*t Sam’s was pumping out so we were definitely excited to give it a try.

18.jpg.3b55ec29ebf3b933a1ba8b1e2fa3ccce.jpg

This blue photo is brought to you by Boldikus' favorite filter. Also, no... there aren't pictures of the pizza. I haven't had an Instagram account long enough to start taking pictures of my food yet. lol

In all seriousness, they’re both really good, but I totally agree that Mack’s comes out ahead. I think my biggest gripe with pizza is when everyone tries (and fails) to copy New York pizza and that’s really what Sam’s was going for. I’d much rather you try to put your own spin on it and Mack’s absolutely does that. I think I detected a hint of Cheddar which won me over because it sort of reminded me of Grotto pizza (it sounds weird, but it works… STFU). Sorry Sam’s but Mack’s comes out ahead… 10 points for Gryffindor.

Anyway, enough about that… we had sh*t to ride.

26.thumb.jpg.c2758f8b21cf884ccfc1da933f167a22.jpg

Oh you know, just drinkin' with Pikachu (photo by Boldikus)

After our long journey down the boardwalk (heroically dodging tram car after tram car along the way) we finally arrived at Adventure Pier. When we got there we saw Great White sending a bunch of test trains and were informed that it still hadn’t opened for the day so we decided to enjoy some of Adventure Pier’s other attractions.

First up was Screamin’ Swing. These things are always a blast and this one was no different, Boldikus went into the weekend declaring it his favorite flat in Wildwood (though “it” won us all over by the end of the day) and even though it’s no “it”, it’s still a great ride.

19.jpg.7423ef897fb9250b270be29457be95ea.jpg

Adventure Pier! Where there are adventures! And a pier!

After Screamin’ Swing we decided to wait around a little more for Great White to open but got distracted by the giant Skyscraper ride. Brit hates these things with a fiery passion but I absolutely love them and once Boldikus informed me that he had never ridden one there was absolutely ZERO chance that we weren’t going to ride it.

One thing I noticed about this one was that it has different restraints from the typical racing harnesses that I was used to from Cedar Point. This didn’t really make much of a difference but I guess it does make you feel a little more confident that you’ll live to see your loved ones again after strapping into this amazing / evil contraption when the restraints are made out of steel and not a thing that looks like a recycled burlap potato sack.

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/william.mahony.92/videos/10209212906394101/[/fbvideonew]

Video by Brit: Who's clearly much smarter than we are since she opted out of this one

I have to say, this is easily my new favorite Skyscraper ride. Being 150 feet in the air staring at the ocean while upside-down is a ridiculous mindf*ck and the entire thing was flipping like crazy and completely out of control. I know these things are expensive, but pony up the cash. You won’t regret it. This ride is bullsh*t in the absolute best way possible.

1482645202_actionshot.thumb.png.035da49dda990df5b1ee73eb0daea4bd.png

Action shot.

Anyway (watch this Segway… watch it… watch), do you know what’s bullsh*t in the worst way possible? Chamber of Checkers? What’s Chamber of Checkers you ask? Only the best f*cking maze that’s ever been a maze.

Before I get into our chamber of checkers experience, I want to give you a disclaimer if you’re thinking about “check”ing (see what I did there?) it out. This maze is designed to disorient you and it’s very easy to become lost. Before you enter, make sure you use the bathroom, bring a bottle of water, grab some protein bars and write down some emergency contact numbers for the local police, fire department and coast guard in case you’re unable to find your way out. You should probably also bring straws in case you run low on supplies and need to draw them in the event that you need to start eating people. Finally, please note that without a wristband, the park charges people ACTUAL MONEY to enter the maze. I couldn’t f*cking believe it either but it’s true. Good luck to all who decide to enter and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Knowing all of this, we reluctantly entered the maze and were hoping against hope that we’d make it out in the 6 hours before park close so we didn’t miss our Great White credit while we were waiting on rescue crews to arrive. Once we entered the single shipping container that contains the entire maze (no, for real) we were greeted with a series of doors.

Since you just saw the entire shipping container, you already know that all but 2 of them are up against a wall (and like… we were pretty drunk), so this leaves you with a difficult decision between 2 doors. Do you enter through the door that leads directly to the exit (no, for real), or do you dare to enter the other door that leads to a pathway surrounded by a mesh fence that also leads directly to the exit? Be careful, your decision can be the difference between escaping the clutches of the maze in 10 seconds, or suffering through a disorienting, terrifying and seemingly eternal 25-30 seconds desperately searching for a way out.

Okay, in all seriousness… it should be illegal to charge people for this. I feel like the state needs to step in and shut this thing down. Once we completed the maze, we immediately went back in and tried to purposely f*ck up and we still got out in less than 2 minutes, finding an even easier way to get out of the maze In the process. The fact that the same people that have Ghost Ship are still operating this thing is hilarious, but more on that later.

Anyway, despite the negative review the maze did serve it’s purpose and allowed us to kill literally tens of seconds that would have otherwise been spent waiting for Great White to open. One we successfully escaped a second time, we saw the ride ops coming down the ramp to open the line and we promptly got on the first public train of the day (though it was early evening by that point).

IMG_2793.thumb.JPG.52f76eba3c965ebd5c11337825ea8040.JPG

I'm a sharrrrrrrrrrrk, I'm a sharrrrrrrrrrrrk... (still don't Google this)

I have to admit, I wasn’t really expecting anything from Great White for the simple fact that you literally never hear anything about it but I was really impressed. It’s a smooth enough ride, the turn under the boardwalk is super cool, the view from the lift is breathtaking (at night you can see the lights from Rehoboth which was cool for us since we’re so used to being there looking at the lights of Cape May and Wildwood) but you’re quickly snapped back to reality as you realize “oh there goes gravity” as you barrel down the great first drop and lose yourself in the moment.

… are you tired of my sh*t yet? Yes? Too bad.

Anyway following the drop the ride features a ton of great laterals and occasionally surprises you with some really good pops of airtime. We ended up riding this ride quite a bit, partially because it’s the only good ride on the pier that’s included with a wristband but mostly just because it’s a damn good coaster that’s honestly really underrated.

After we got our fill of rides on Great White it was starting to get dark out and we quickly realized that night time is when Wildwood really comes alive.

We made our way back up towards the other piers, stopping in a few stores along the way to shop for souvenir’s, play some classic arcade games and so I could gorge myself on more boardwalk food.

IMG_2826.thumb.JPG.4c96dfa5fa2637ca32b8679a1359e8da.JPG

Fun Fact: This ride sucks at night too

Once we had ridden everything, we definitely fell into a more laid back approach to the night. We spent most of our time hanging out around Surfside and Mariner’s piers, re-riding a lot of the rides (mainly “it” and the Flume) checking out the awesome Ghost Ship (which was really impressive) and taking in the atmosphere.

IMG_2834.thumb.JPG.033905439e1405dd2959dd7fd50ffe04.JPG

Zoomin' Phloomin' Lovin errey day.

After a few more hours of riding, eating and having an all-out awesome time, we ended the night with a few drinks and some awesome garlic clams at the rooftop bar at Surfside before heading back to Adventure Pier for a few final laps on Great White before collapsing into bed at our weird a** hotel where we were (thankfully) way too tired to worry about the weirdness.

IMG_2837.thumb.JPG.dd2eb492935440c40cbda0845707bc7c.JPG

Awesome bar!

25.thumb.jpg.1c40e6426e2abe33f7de15f5bc1f814e.jpg

... seriously

Up next... our trip back home with a few pit stops along the shore.

Spoiler alert:

CJpIzHLYer7O0.gif

OH YEAH PIRATE COASTAH YEAH!!

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/william.mahony.92/videos/10209212906394101/[/fbvideonew]

Video by Brit: Who's clearly much smarter than we are since she opted out of this one

OMFG lmao I forgot there was video evidence! I love how you can lightly hear us cackling away.

Great update! Apologies again for the blue pics haha!

Yes! Another great trip report. My reaction while reading the maze bit:

Oh, cool, they have a maze.

Is it really big or something?

No, he's sh*tting us.

That's a lot of explanation. Surely he's sh*tting us.

Ha! Hahahhahahhahahahahahahha!

I will have to do this maze. Don't worry, I'll have the wristband.

Alright so the thing with the maze. I explained this before I think in the Moreys thread. Yes it was a total joke last year. We only did it because we were killing time waiting for TGW to open and its literally right next to the entrance for TGW. Also we had wristbands so it was free. (No they should not be charging money for it!)

It used to be on Surfside Pier for years. It was huge. 2 floors. Dead ends, mirrors, other random sh*t in it. Took forever to get out of. It was fun. When they put in Atmosfear and the Guest Services building behind it they moved the maze to Adventure Pier across from TGW. It was down to one floor at that point but it was definitely more extensive than just the shipping container as you can see from these photos I just found on google (Of course I can't find any images of when it was two floors and across from Nor'easter but trust me, it existed).

fun-house-maze-on-moreysadventure.jpg.8fd0614bc7ec1cab3320f6895376806a.jpg

fun-house-maze-on-moreysadventure2.jpg.de1558a74511220633db49106a8fa879.jpg

Last year they expanded the go-kart track across from TGW and the maze was moved across the pier to next to TGW's entrance and there we have it. It did stay like that all of last year to the best of my knowledge but as I haven't been down Adventure Pier yet this year for all I know they could have (and hopefully have) expanded it.

At this point I would honestly be a little sad if they ever improved it. It's achieved "So bad it's good" status and they should never ever f*ck with it. It's perfect.

^ Great continuation, BIll!

Now.... we gotta wait till May, 2018 for the last installment, right?

Yes.