TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Wadi Water Park To Close And Relocate

Wild Wadi in Dubai is on the move. The whole park will be moved to a new location and double in size as part of the massive Marsa Al Arab project due to open in 2020.

I've included the video and news below. The new water park model is certainly interesting and I'd say they've used a little artistic license.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T2-GwXelW8

http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/30596-sheikh-mohammed-launches-dubais-new-marsa-al-arab-hotel-project/

Dubai Ruler Sheikh Mohammed has announced the launch of Marsa Al Arab, Dubai Holding's latest tourist destination development in the emirate.

The $1.7 billion (AED 6.3bn) mega-project, spread across 4 million sq. ft, will be developed on new two islands on both sides of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Marsa (Arabic for marina) Al Arab is expected to be completed by 2020.

One island will be dedicated to entertainment and family tourism, while the other comprises an exclusive luxury resort. The two islands will add 2.2 kilometres of beach frontage, as well as three new hotels and a number of new tourist attractions.

The family resort island will see Jumeirah Group introduce new leisure concepts and services as well as a new family-oriented hotel. To boost guest experience, Wild Wadi Waterpark will be moved from its current road-side location closer to the beach, and will be more than double its existing size when fully completed.

Dubai Holding will also develop ‘Marine Park’, a first-of-its-kind marine life edutainment centre in the Middle East, with a live theatre of a 1,000 seat capacity that will attract world-class shows to showcase various elements of marine life.

Marsa Al Arab will also include a private marina and a yacht club, as well as diverse food and beverage offerings, as well as a helipad.

Complementing Madinat Jumeirah, the development will include a mixed-use convention centre capable of hosting large international conferences and festivals. The convention centre will be supported by a new hotel, offering a selection of services for businessmen and corporates.

The project will also include a large retail space stretching across 20,000 sq. m, which will replace the current Wild Wadi Water Park area.

The shopping centre will consist of international high-end brands, as well as a selection of restaurants and coffee shops to meet the needs of its luxurious shoppers. Marsa Al Arab will also offer 300 sea-front residential apartments in the heart of the development.

Together, the enhanced Wild Wadi and Marine Park will sprawl over an area of 2.5 million sq. ft.

Middle East's first Cirque du Soleil venue

The new family destination will house a dedicated theatre with a capacity of 1,700 seats, which will become home to the world-renowned show Cirque du Soleil for the first time in the Middle East.

Dubai Holding will develop 140 luxury villas on the ‘exclusive private island’, which will include a marina for its residents. Located on the left of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the luxury villas will be operated by Jumeirah Group. The island will also host a boutique hotel equipped with world-class facilities that reflect ‘Marsa Al Arab’s status as an attractive destination for elite travellers.

Overall, Dubai Holding will add 2,400 hotel rooms to Jumeirah Group’s portfolio, bringing its total offering to 8,428 rooms. There will be 400 new F&B outlets throughout the destination.

The existing hotels in the vicinity will be transformed into a unified tourist destination.

The development will offer pedestrian pathways, a jogging track, large swimming pool and a cycling course, allowing its residents to practice a diverse selection of physical activities.

Jumeirah Group will offer 10,000 additional parking spaces to accommodate the anticipated influx of visitors, as well as work closely with various government entities and other relevant companies to provide a rapid transport network to interconnect the resorts and entertainment destinations, facilitating fast and easy movement throughout Marsa Al Arab.

The project will break ground in June 2017 and will completed by late 2020.

1796952966_MarsaAlArab0.thumb.jpg.8d00241309350363a7a7136dcbd9f3cf.jpg

944033522_MarsaAlArab1.thumb.jpg.2dd62ede71c51a106a25380271748996.jpg

2089093299_MarsaAlArab2.thumb.jpg.811c5863d1cf117b6bbd9c6b9634dbf2.jpg

1405886857_MarsaAlArab3.thumb.jpg.111268eff9d06fb6e9db692dfe189845.jpg

925015548_MarsaAlArab4.thumb.jpg.ce864e5074ee14cdea6f8efc210b04fc.jpg

1533282695_MarsaAlArab5.thumb.jpg.57f810485ff25027c6abf8472d948650.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uh... okay... this is odd, to say the least. I do love the concept art, but how often does a park just "move out" of it's current location?

I'm all for it, I'm just genuinely curious as to how this is gonna work.

Oddly twice in one day with the news here.

Its pretty rare but its not unheard of. Mirabilandia in Brazil will be moving from their central city location to a new site outside of th city limits next year while Elitch Gardens famously did something similar in 1994/95.

Uh... okay... this is odd, to say the least. I do love the concept art, but how often does a park just "move out" of it's current location?

I'm all for it, I'm just genuinely curious as to how this is gonna work.

Oddly twice in one day with the news here.

Its pretty rare but its not unheard of. Mirabilandia in Brazil will be moving from their central city location to a new site outside of th city limits next year while Elitch Gardens famously did something similar in 1994/95.

It's not a totally unheard of, its like relocating an attraction, but just every attraction. Obviously you lose certain aspects that can't be moved but gain other ones.

Back in the day, SFDK started out as Marine World in Redwood City, then they acquired a park called Africa USA in Palmdale California and moved it up northe to become Marine World Africa USA. Later they sold the land they were on and relocated the entire park to Vallejo where it is now. That was before the rides, but still a lot of relocation of stuff they had. Oracle's corporate headquarters in Redwood City are where the old park was and the road they are on is still called Marine World Pkwy.

Anyways, back on topic. The new park looks amazing, but I REALLY hope they keep the interconnected slide setup of the current park. That is just such a cool aspect of the park and something I wish we saw more often. I'm curious what will happen to the land the current park is on as it's in a pretty prime location.

I don't think this is a true re-location...seems like they are building a whole new park and just moving the name over to the new location.

In any case, looks amazing!

THIS!!! A MILLION TIMES THIS!!!

OMG I thought the EXACT same thing when I saw this! Where the heck is Dave and why hasn't be commented on this awesomeness yet?!

When are we going back?!?

The relocation of Wild Wadi has been rumored for awhile.

If you take a close look at that specific resort area of Dubai - including the Madinat Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and the new Jumeirah Al Naseem - it's obvious that the land the park sits on is far more valuable than the water park itself. Especially knowing that a significant number (way way more than half) the park's attendance are free admissions.