TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

The Seven Dwarves ride is (imo) not only a fun coaster but theming wise a perfect addition to that part of the part. I'll always have a soft spot for the Snow White dark ride but that's only because it's one of the few rides I remember clearly from when I was 6 and first went to the park. I hope we'll get as well themed of a ride if they ever add something to the 'Tangeled' section.

and question! We've got a trip to wdw in dec - how much of a MUST if the Frozen ride? We couldn't get fast passes last jan and the pouring rain made us decide against using my disability pass. Also is the Mickey Christmas party worth it if you don't have kids? It's just me and my two roommates/best friends going (with a few days a universal studios after our four days at the disney parks).

Tonight was opening night for the new Happily Ever After fireworks show. This is no question a "Tokyo Disney" caliber show. I was so impressed. It may very well be the best fireworks show I've seen at a Disney park....

Tonight was opening night for the new Happily Ever After fireworks show. This is no question a "Tokyo Disney" caliber show. I was so impressed. It may very well be the best fireworks show I've seen at a Disney park....

This definitely beat Remember... Dreams Come True for best Disney fireworks!! Bravo!!

This definitely beat Remember... Dreams Come True for best Disney fireworks!! Bravo!!

I've been watching these Disney fireworks shows since I was a kid--remember "Fantasy in the Sky" at Disneyland? It's amazing how they combine projection mapping with pyro now.

I've always been a bit blase about fireworks. But the shows put on at Disney parks could make me a believer.

Wish Disney could bring its magic to NYC's 4th of July fireworks. They put on quite a spectacle here, but it doesn't quite compare. To achieve Disney's caliber, I guess we'd need a castle in the middle of the river. Or maybe a skyscraper! (Actually the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island would make one spectacular backdrop!) Anyway! Thanks for sharing this magical new show.

Alice

Same here, we're going to see it in person on Wednesday..sooo looking forward to it. Don't want to spoil it, so I'm not watching the videos, but everything I've been reading is saying the same thing..INCREDIBLE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up, it appears that the reopening of the Hall of Presidents may be delayed due to an argument between Disney Imagineers and White House executives over who gets to write the animatronic president's speech. Sources close to the situation are claiming that the executives have informed the imagineers that they're writing the speech and that the imagineers "have no input on it".

I know it sounds like I'm making this up, but I assure you that I'm not. I was hesitant to post this, but it's been picked up by the Washington Examiner, the Hill, the Theme Park section of Local 10 news in Miami and others and is a pretty interesting scenario as a theme park fan regardless of politics.

Just a heads up, it appears that the reopening of the Hall of Presidents may be delayed due to an argument between Disney Imagineers and White House executives over who gets to write the animatronic president's speech. Sources close to the situation are claiming that the executives have informed the imagineers that they're writing the speech and that the imagineers "have no input on it".

I know it sounds like I'm making this up, but I assure you that I'm not. I was hesitant to post this, but it's been picked up by the Washington Examiner, the Hill, the Theme Park section of Local 10 news in Miami and others and is a pretty interesting scenario as a theme park fan regardless of politics.

Well, they can say what they want. Disney is denying it and maintaining they always intended for HoP to reopen later this year.

It is sort of interesting to see how this is covered seeing as the news media generally hates theme parks and Disney almost as much as they hate Trump. For now it looks like they're simply capitalizing on an opportunity to make both look bad.

For now it looks like they're simply capitalizing on an opportunity to make both look bad.

This exactly. Disney can do what they want with this attraction. Even if there was any truth to this, Disney could always choose not to use the speech that they were given and go a different direction with Hall of Presidents. But with the statement that Disney made the other day, I'm sure there is little truth to the story.

All I know is that I won't be visiting Hall of Presidents for at least (I hope) four more years...

For now it looks like they're simply capitalizing on an opportunity to make both look bad.

This exactly. Disney can do what they want with this attraction. Even if there was any truth to this, Disney could always choose not to use the speech that they were given and go a different direction with Hall of Presidents. But with the statement that Disney made the other day, I'm sure there is little truth to the story.

All I know is that I won't be visiting Hall of Presidents for at least (I hope) four more years...

I'm going to assume Tiny Hands' speech will be as well-constructed as his Twitter rants.

Edited by cookiex

What if the Trump animatronic is actually the barker outside calling people out in an offensive way?

Or, use him in a way similar to how Iago ruins Enchanted Tiki Room, the normal show goes on for a while and thunder starts rolling, the Trump animatronic suddenly appears in the audience like the alien in Alien Encounter by reusing the teleportation chamber from Stitch. He then starts making comments, yelling at Obama and twitting stuff. And then the shield of the teleportation chamber closes and moved him to somewhere in EPCOT and the show ends. Make Hall of the Presidents a thrill ride while get rid of Stich's Great Escape!

Edited by gerstlaueringvar

The grand finale of the 4th of July Fireworks at Walt Disney World is incredible! We watched from the Polynesian Resort on July 3rd as they run the same show on the 3rd and the 4th every year.

They only do these "perimeter" fireworks a couple of times a year, and in the video you can see the tiny castle off in the background and the HUGE FIREWORKS all around the lagoon!

It's one of the most impressive shows that Walt Disney World puts on every year!

So go know! And here I thought the Hall of Presidents opening was rescheduled due to the 45th president animatronic 'bleeding badly from a face-lift.'

Live and learn!

That said, thanks for the Disney fireworks preview. An A++ show!

Alice

That is SOOOOOO AWESOME!!!! I hope I can see one of the shows with Pyro in the round some day!

And keep in mind the perspective in that video. The castle is about 180 feet tall, and it appears as a tiny speck towards the middle bottom of the video. The fireworks they shoot up all around the lagoon from probably at least 10-12 different locations spanning close to a mile between the furthest launch locations, are MASSIVE! It's quite an incredible sight to stand back and watch!

1071755918_fireworksthumbnotext.thumb.png.917773365dd5993bad8336a67bdd3458.png

Edited by robbalvey