TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Speculating on this will always get a bit out of hand, none of us really know anything. But look at some of the facts this way:

1. A guest services employee said this was "scheduled maintenance" - This closure wasn't unplanned.

2. They closed the ride on Monday AFTER being open all weekend. They must see the value in weekend operations.

These two facts make me think that this won't be a long-term closure, but maybe I'm just projecting my own hopes and dreams of my weekend at the park

PS - Can everyone please send me good vibes this weekend?? Much thanks!

Actually, they where closed Sunday I believe for Easter but maybe they started the maintenance then

Technically they said "quick maintenance" according to the post which I also take as scheduled but that might not be the case.. also she/he also said it would be back up by Wednesday and that wasn't the case either lol.. weekends are always the most crowded at Dollywood so maybe you will get lucky and they will have it open

It's hard to believe any of the employees but I'd imagine they are just as in the dark as we are

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

maybe I'm just projecting my own hopes and dreams of my weekend at the park

Maybe just a bit, but I don't blame you. lol

Can everyone please send me good vibes this weekend?? Much thanks!

Sure, Tennessee Tornado, Thunderhead, Wild Eagle, Mystery Mine and Firechaster Express are all great rides so you should have a great time riding them, and have you tried the cinnamon bread? It's delicious!

... how did I do?

I was just judging by past times when there was downtime. I clearly didn't think when I wrote that.

Obviously the issue may be something entirely new or is something that has occurred before (more than likely a new issue, but heck we don't know). Maybe its right not to speculate when the ride may be back in operation, unless we had some sort of information. As I said before, I'm hopeful they can get it back open as soon as possible.

Speculating on this will always get a bit out of hand, none of us really know anything..

I would have to agree about speculation being a little too far at times over this. I'm normally not the type of guy who really likes to speculate much.

I do hope its open this weekend as weekends are pretty crowded at the park, especially since a lot of spring breaks are ending.

Can everyone please send me good vibes this weekend?? Much thanks!

Sure, Tennessee Tornado, Thunderhead, Wild Eagle, Mystery Mine and Firechaster Express are all great rides so you should have a great time riding them, and have you tried the cinnamon bread? It's delicious!

... how did I do?

Those coasters are fine and dandy, but I just rode all of them recently and I'm not flying across the country for them. It's easier to enjoy everything else when you've at least experienced the thing you came to ride. And you can all call me stupid for booking tickets to essentially ride ONE coaster, but in all honesty there's nothing I'd rather ride in the country. I thought after 5 weeks of consistent operations I'd be fine, Oh well. Anxiety lives on.

^I rode it 14 times last week; it is definitely worthy of my #1 spot. It was my first RMC and really blew me with incredible pacing and relentless airtime.

Yeah, It looks almost wrong. Whenever it is I pull the trigger on going, likely not this year :'( I pray it operates for at least the day I'm there

I made it to Dollywood today.. crowds very light, finally got to try Front Porch​ Cafe.. Service was kind of slow, but the food was amazing! Probably, hands down, best food in the park.. It's a very nice restaurant clean and contemporary but with Dollywood charm.. Service could be quicker though, but overall well worth it!

As far as I can tell, I see nothing happening to LR.. no work or anything

Glad to see it's open! Hopefully it stays that way this weekend I might come back.. I did make it yesterday because I wanted to see Enra, which I greatly enjoyed but I'm a very technical person and love Japanese culture so it was interesting to me

Guess what's open today!!!!! Less then 15 minute wait to boot. Go Lightning Rod Go!

Glad to hear!

I may very seriously think about going later this year I just don't wanna wait till next year for LR. Looks too good.

Speaking of that last trip, here's a quick glimpse of it through a video I've been editing for a total of about 20 hours. Please let me know what you think!

Dollywood shared your video on their Facebook page!

Not surprised. That is basically a professional promo video. Excellent work--seriously makes me excited for our trip next month!