TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I've always hated the term "GP" because not only are they generally more fun to hang out with at parks than the majority of coaster enthusiasts (there are exceptions of course) but it also gives enthusiasts a weird superiority complex that they totally don't deserve. The fact that enthusiasts are bashing the "GP" for freaking out over these Flashback valleys and calling for the ride's removal because it's now going to be perceived as unsafe while the "GP" doesn't care and enthusiasts are the only ones making these comments is hilarious.

Not necessarily - I use that term because it's easier than writing out "people who don't go to theme parks very often". I don't feel superior to them, but I know they tend to have a different mindset about theme parks and roller coasters than most of the people in this forum, as you saw in the video you posted of a guy freaking out over Flashback valleying a week or so ago.

Edited by logrog04

Yeah, when I use the term "GP" in posts on Enthusiast sites, it's generally in the context where the best way to read it is as "Normal People"! I have a few "Enthusiast" friends I visit parks with from time to time, but primarily, I go with GP - "NP", as it were...

But when i was at the park opening weekend, NP/GP/Non-Enthusiasts, were saying that Flashback was unsafe because it walleyed* on the Cobra Roll. I don't know what their doing

*CORRECTION* Valleyed

Edited by logrog04

Non-enthusiasts and normal people are the people who don't get to parks all that often.

GP are the ones who stand in line for Boulder Dash telling everyone within twenty feet how three people died on it on the part where it goes upside down.

I've heard enthusiasts say equally dumb sh*t with just as much authority. I know the term means different things to different people, my basic point is that I find it annoying when enthusiasts walk around with a superiority complex when (in this case) they're freaking out way more than anyone else is and then talking about how the "GP" is freaking out.

Anyway, sorry for derailing this conversation so much.

Was at the park today for a few hours. Holy hell are Superman and Wicked Cyclone are running awesome. Superman felt almost butter smooth like it was as SROS. Almost no rattle in the back on the blue train today. And Wicked Cyclone just gets better and better every time I ride it. Ops on both coasters are also much faster than they've ever been. Kudos to SFNE they've made some awesome improvements to the park this year.

Was at the park today for a few hours. Holy hell are Superman and Wicked Cyclone are running awesome. Superman felt almost butter smooth like it was as SROS. Almost no rattle in the back on the blue train today. And Wicked Cyclone just gets better and better every time I ride it. Ops on both coasters are also much faster than they've ever been. Kudos to SFNE they've made some awesome improvements to the park this year.

Last Saturday they were sending trains off on Superman before the previous train returned to the brake run. That is something I can't remember seeing in the past.

Over/under for how long until the cars get dampened a la Great Adventure's version? Two weeks? Longer? Shorter?

Guess it depends on whether or not the cars get stuck on their Media Day, right? :/

Here's hoping everything goes smoothly, because... DANG, that's the sort of experience I was hoping for from the one in New Jersey. Flipperdoodles for days! \o/