TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Another important observation: WC crew be runnin some trains. I mean, two minute dispatches aren't bad, huh?

Also interesting comment on that video:

jlmcneely624 1 day ago

I was on it - 4th row from the back. The ride functioned normally until the end. When you come back through the coaster in the backwards direction the momentum pushes you about halfway up the initial hill, then the car usually falls back into the station and there's a hard braking that stops you in the station. No braking happened; we just kept going so went up through the first loop, but didn't have enough momentum to get over the second one so it got stuck there at the top.

Here's my trip report as well as my pictures from this previous Saturday. I meant to post this earlier, but I've been busy with stuff.

I went to the park with my mother and sister who were visiting from Long Island while I'm at Hartford, CT for school. They decided to nap in the car for a little bit while I went in the park and rode Superman. It was about a twenty five minute wait with two trains running. This was actually my first time NOT riding it as Bizarro with all of the bells & whistles on it, and it was still an amazing ride regardless. Then I walked over to Pandemonium where my mother and sister were waiting and we all rode it together. Next up was the New England Sky Screamer, which was just a five minute wait since few people would be willing to ride it in 50-ish degree weather.

After we got our souvenir bottles, I tried to get on Mind Eraser with the VR headsets, but they weren't working when I walked over there, so I rode Batman: The Dark Knight instead. I even got assigned to the front row, which was nice. By this point, my mother and sister left the park to get lunch while I stayed behind to ride more stuff. Next up was Goliath, then Wicked Cyclone, which was a thirty-ish minute wait, but still worth it. After that we all left because my family had to catch the ferry back to Long Island before sundown. It was a nice day overall. By sheer coincidence, my college is planning a trip to the park in about two weeks, so I'll get to visit the park again sooner than I thought!

Pictures:

Thanks for reading!

I'm planning on stopping in for a few hours tomorrow since I'll be in the area. I'm hoping they won't be mobbed. Despite the nice weather, I'm hopeful since a lot of my coworkers were shocked to find out Six Flags was already open.

Crowds are very managable today. One surprise new addition that I love is that Batman now has a single rider line.

The park has really hit a home run this year in terms of general park improvements.

Awesome. Where do you enter it?

For the second straight weekend Flashback has valleyed with passengers. This time at the bottom of the second lift/halfway up the vertical loop.

I hope they remove it

SFA will gladly take it off your hands.

(thought it's my home park, I have no qualms about bashing SFA) . . . .

Can't SFA do something ORIGINAL rather than be the bastard step-child and receive hand me downs (I'm looking at you Apocalypse/Iron Wolf and Ragin Cajun) . . .

After two events so close I can't see the park keeping Flashback. I'm not sure if it would be relocated again considering how old it is.

Crowds are very managable today. One surprise new addition that I love is that Batman now has a single rider line.

The park has really hit a home run this year in terms of general park improvements.

Awesome. Where do you enter it?

I didn't see where but will guess the Flash Pass entrance like Pandemonium. I waited in the normal queue and then saw 4-5 people come up the FlashPass staircase as single riders.

I'm curious about the new Vekoma trains on Mind Eraser.

Does that vest retract during the ride AND continue locking tighter (like X-Flight at SFGAm and the boomerang at Carowinds)? Or does it retract but not continue locking (like Thunderbird and Banshee)?

I guess another option would be no retraction at all (like the Intamin vests on Maverick, easily the most comfortable of the 3 designs).

I'm curious about the new Vekoma trains on Mind Eraser.

Does that vest retract during the ride AND continue locking tighter (like X-Flight at SFGAm and the boomerang at Carowinds)? Or does it retract but not continue locking (like Thunderbird and Banshee)?

I guess another option would be no retraction at all (like the Intamin vests on Maverick, easily the most comfortable of the 3 designs).

These vests were much better than Carolina Cobra or Wild Eagle. They had one position and stayed there. I didn't feel any pain on my collar bone which is my top issue with the vests on some other rides.

Y'all do know that Boomerangs are designed to "valley" in the spot right? Once they get everyone unloaded it should take 20 minutes at most to get the train back into the station, unless there is a major problem with the ride.

I agree but the park can't be happy this has happened 2 straight weekends. The other thing the park could maybe look at is how they load the train. SFNE loads Flashback from back to front, which means that the front row is only occupied if they have a full train. I haven't seen any other park do that so not sure if the weight distribution could be having any impact.