TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So am I correct in thinking they are finally pulling down the old Bon Air section of Hotel Breakers? That, IMO is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! The new wing looks great!

Thinking? Bruh, they pulled it down last off season.

Ha! That's awesome! Wait, was it not there for the Valravn season and I didn't even notice? lol

I was looking through my photos from our last visit to see if I took any pictures of Breakers being that we freaking stayed there and I didn't even notice if the building was gone, and then I ran across my "last picture ever" on Mean Streak and it made me so happy! lol

1403799022_meanstreaklastride.thumb.jpg.9e669b9f479b216d972ccfc1875df5b8.jpg

I'm planning a trip to CP on the last week of May into the first week of June. Specifically May 30th to June 2nd. Does anyone have an Idea of how crowded the park will be on these days from personal experience?

I'm planning a trip to CP on the last week of May into the first week of June. Specifically May 30th to June 2nd. Does anyone have an Idea of how crowded the park will be on these days from personal experience?

6/2 is Coastermania!.. I expect it to be packed, but no idea how the "special" stuff for Coastermania! attendees works. . .

(do they close off certain rides to the GP for ERT for Coastermania! attendees?)

6/2 is Coastermania!.. I expect it to be packed, but no idea how the "special" stuff for Coastermania! attendees works. . .

(do they close off certain rides to the GP for ERT for Coastermania! attendees?)

Most of the ERT is before/after operating hours. I think the only exceptions are during Passholder/Resort Guest early entry although even that seems to not be the case this year. You should be fine.

Most of the ERT is before/after operating hours. I think the only exceptions are during Passholder/Resort Guest early entry although even that seems to not be the case this year. You should be fine.

Getting a hotel (off-site) might be trickier than usual due to Ohio Bike Week, which is based in Sandusky and runs all of that week (figured that out two years ago when we weren't able to find any hotels on booking websites and then was able to get in the Breakers by going on CP's official website). The Point should be fine (Friday might be a little busier than the other days due to Coastermania)

How long are the ERT sessions? Might just look into signing up for the event.

ERT can be anything from 15 minutes to a couple of hours. I think at the Cedar Point site, they had

a schedule of some kind there (subject to change, of course).

Found it. https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/coastermania Go here, and then look for the

first FAQ there... "What is the itinerary?"

How long are the ERT sessions? Might just look into signing up for the event.

note, you have to be a member of a certified club to be able to buy a Coastermania! ticket.

(have you joined clubTPR?)

So am I correct in thinking they are finally pulling down the old Bon Air section of Hotel Breakers? That, IMO is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! The new wing looks great!

Thinking? Bruh, they pulled it down last off season.

Ha! That's awesome! Wait, was it not there for the Valravn season and I didn't even notice? lol

It was taken down when they were redoing Hotel Breakers. I think 2 years ago?? I'm glad they did and are rebuilding the new tower. It was much needed.

It's interesting... I was just looking at the various updated Cedar Fair websites, specifically their Park Maps, and noticed that although CP has updated their site, their Park Map is still old. And not even last year old. While it does have Valravn on it, is still has Shoot the Rapids on it, and RipCord in its old spot. Additionally, Mean Streak is still alive, a train racing down the lift hill (the wrong direction at that!) Given all of the other parks that have updated sites have their updated Park Maps as well, this seems peculiar to me. I wonder if CP is still holding off the reveal of their updated Park Map, for some particular reason? Hmmm...

Does anyone know with the new/expanded water park opening has this changed the Soak City/Resorts parking area that used to enter nearest to Maverick? I will be there before the water park is open but not sure if the parking lot would still be usable or has changed/moved any with the expansion.

Thanks!

Does anyone know with the new/expanded water park opening has this changed the Soak City/Resorts parking area that used to enter nearest to Maverick? I will be there before the water park is open but not sure if the parking lot would still be usable or has changed/moved any with the expansion.

Thanks!

Ditto, dreynolds1982, I will be driving from Charlotte to Cedar Point on 5/18/17 and would like to know as well.

I know in the past, you couldn't go pass the guard gate near Soak City as that was Hotel Breakers guest parking only. Normally, I would just park near Gemini or in the Soak City lot, but now it appears that CP Shores has a new separate entrance that took up some of the old SC parking so the fact that you and I will be traveling before the water park opens, I'm not sure how this all plays out.

Incidentally, I called the toll free number on website but they had no details to give me regarding parking