TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Rest In Peace, Ohiocoasterman.

I have a question for you Cedar Point people. I would really enjoy going to Cedar Point this year for the first time, but the chances of that happening are looking rather slim at the moment. Would it be better to just wait for next year to attempt to visit (especially since Mean Streak will probably be open next year), or should I try hard to go this year?

Don't waste your money going this year if you can only go one of the two years. I am in the same boat and have chosen to go back to SFGADv this year and wait out till 2018 to go back to Cedar Point.

I really don't see how this is that hard of a decision. The water park and second breakers (?) expansion will be done this year and New Mean Streak more likely to be open in 2018. Go then and enjoy both, or atleast one (the one that appeals to pretty much all us coaster enthusiasts).

Those are just my 2 cents. Sure, go this year if you wosh, but I HIGHLY recommend against going this year if you can't go again in 2018.

Before it picture gets taken down and the poster is banned, Maverick definitely looks like it got a much needed repaint.... but maybe that's just because of the lighting.

I think its the lighting. I think Millennium Force could also use a tuneup.

I guess you guys are right about it being a personal choice. I have a relatively small window to be able to go this year (no later than July), so it all just depends on how much free time me and my parents have before that time. I'm really just stuck on the whole Mean Streak thing. Make the long trip to Ohio this year only to want to go back a year later, or just save up all my excitement for next year. I guess I could stick with just Dorney and Kings Dominion (and possibly Carowinds) for another year, but I'm worried that I will miss the opportunity to ride/do something at Cedar Point if anything closes this year.

I'm on the same boat with you. I was planning a weekend trip for May-June, but me and a friend decided to wait until 2018. If I was in your shoes, do the pilgrimage next year. If you think you don't have the chance after next year, go for it.

Before it picture gets taken down and the poster is banned, Maverick definitely looks like it got a much needed repaint.... but maybe that's just because of the lighting.

It's just the lighting in the photo. I was in the park working today and can confirm Maverick has not gotten painted.

It's just the lighting in the photo. I was in the park working today and can confirm Maverick has not gotten painted.

You're currently working at the park?! Tell us every detail you know about Mean Streak now!!!

/s

But seriously, if I was working at CP right now, I know exactly where I'd be spending my 15 minute breaks!

Seems like Coasterman missed the memo. . . So, for those who have forgotten:

I am just going to post this again as it would appear there are more stupid people in the world that we didn't get a chance to filter out. (Don't worry, they are gone now...)

Ok so I should just make one thing pretty clear here..

ANYONE WHO POSTS A CONSTRUCTION PHOTO OF MEAN STREAK, REGARDLESS IF IT IS YOUR PHOTO OR NOT, WILL BE BANNED FROM TPR FOREVER.

Is that clear?

Good.

The only exception to this would be if Cedar Point themselves releases official construction photos or if someone from Cedar Point takes you to the construction site and makes it VERY CLEAR TO EVERYONE that it is ok to take said photo.

We got permission from Tony Clark before we posted any of those photos. He said you can post as long as it's not taken on park property.

The only exception to this would be if Cedar Point themselves releases official construction photos or if someone from Cedar Point takes you to the construction site and makes it VERY CLEAR TO EVERYONE that it is ok to take said photo.

Still walking a thin line here... Oh well,

tenor.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, about those Pinks hotdogs at the park!!!

We got permission from Tony Clark before we posted any of those photos. He said you can post as long as it's not taken on park property.

First of all, no you didn't. Second of all, Tony Clark doesn't run our forums.

Edited by robbalvey

Darn. Well hopefully it's in the cards soon. It would be a good idea to make Maverick all nice and shiny for when Mean Streak opens. And I agree with another poster that MF could use some paint too.... Actually come to think of it so could Magnum and Wicked Twister.

I guess you guys are right about it being a personal choice. I have a relatively small window to be able to go this year (no later than July), so it all just depends on how much free time me and my parents have before that time. I'm really just stuck on the whole Mean Streak thing. Make the long trip to Ohio this year only to want to go back a year later, or just save up all my excitement for next year. I guess I could stick with just Dorney and Kings Dominion (and possibly Carowinds) for another year, but I'm worried that I will miss the opportunity to ride/do something at Cedar Point if anything closes this year.

I'm on the same boat with you. I was planning a weekend trip for May-June, but me and a friend decided to wait until 2018. If I was in your shoes, do the pilgrimage next year. If you think you don't have the chance after next year, go for it.

I, too, was hoping to go to CoasterMania this year and experience Cedar Point for the first time, but I won't be able to make it. 2018 is looking like a good year to visit, though.

I'd say wait until next year not so much just for Mean Streak but so you can be more flexible with the timing of the trip since you said you have a relatively small window this year. I'm going for the first time ever the second weekend of May. When I saw Mean Streak wasn't going to likely be open until 2018 I was a little disappointed but even though it looks like it's going to be pretty cool I didn't see it as worth waiting a whole other year to go (really I'm so psyched to go I just couldn't handle waiting another year ha).

Of course you could just always go both this year and next year!

I'm going for the first time ever the second weekend of May. When I saw Mean Streak wasn't going to likely be open until 2018 I was a little disappointed but even though it looks like it's going to be pretty cool I didn't see it as worth waiting a whole other year to go (really I'm so psyched to go I just couldn't handle waiting another year ha).

Huh, that's exactly when I was planning my trip. Would be flying into Columbus, so I might add another day and throw Kings Island in, weather permitting.

The flight to Columbus is cheap enough that I could easily do it again next year.

New Hotness, bitches...

So am I correct in thinking they are finally pulling down the old Bon Air section of Hotel Breakers? That, IMO is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! The new wing looks great!

SANDUSKY, Ohio (April 11, 2017) – The new Cedar Point Shores Waterpark isn’t quite ready for water lovers to dive in just yet, but a new virtual fly-through animation highlights the perfect blend of thrills and relaxation that are set to open on Saturday, May 27.

Guests can now get a better view of what awaits them as they travel through the new main entrance and see exciting new attractions, dining options, a new merchandise store and new amenities that show a dramatic transformation of the 18-acre beach waterpark paradise.

Hearkening back to 1870 and Cedar Point’s original form of family entertainment, the mile-long Cedar Point Beach, Cedar Point Shores is a modern-day take on the park’s storied past. To this day, Cedar Point is a destination resort where friends and families alike spend multiple days soaking up the summer sun.

With new, unobstructed views of Lake Erie, several attractions have names that connect them to the popular Great Lake. Storm Surge will take riders on a large raft and tosses them about as they begin their ride 76 feet above the ground and slide through a green and teal slide structure. Lake Erie Nor’easter will provide an exciting inner tube ride through darkness in an enclosed, twisty slide.

If a relaxing ride down a lazy river is in order, Cedar Creek is the perfect place to chill on a hot summer day. When it’s time for thrills, the Fisherman’s Fury body slides and Riptide Raceway mat racer slides will not disappoint.

Further connecting Cedar Point’s history to today, several new food and beverage offerings will be introduced, including Crystal Rock Café, a reminder of the former Crystal Rock Castle that once called the park home. Cedar Point’s Executive Chef Phil Bucco and the culinary team have created a variety of savory choices like hand-breaded chicken fingers and mouthwatering flatbreads, specialty salads, brisket and handmade pizza. New Coca-Cola refillable drink stations will allow guests to quench their thirst even faster. The marketplace eatery also features an outdoor, covered seating area to enjoy the weather and relaxing atmosphere of the park.

Named in jest to recognize the annual visitors from the healthy lake, Muffleheads Beach Bar is a great place for adults to hang out at this swim-up bar and pool area. Schooner’s Beach Bar, located next to the Breakwater Bay wave pool, will feature tasty signature cocktails and beverages with live entertainment nearby to set the mood just right. Cedar Point Shores will also feature a custom summer micro-brew in partnership with The Brew Kettle in Strongsville, Ohio. Named Shandy Shores, the flavors of blood orange and mango combine for the perfect summer palate pleaser.

Beautiful lakeside views and more great places to relax in the shade are just the beginning. Cedar Point Shores will up the ante on guest service and fun, introducing four completely-new attractions for families and thrill-seekers alike. They include:

· Point Plummet – a thrilling, six-story-tall, four-person aqua-drop body slide that will simultaneously send four guests on a nearly vertical free fall when the floor drops out from under them. The four separate 400-foot-long slides will send riders through a series of flat loops and s-curves for an amazing water rush.

· Portside Plunge – located on the same structure as Point Plummet, these two, five-story tube slides can accommodate guests riding alone or with a friend and will send them through an enclosed tunnel before shooting them out into the sun through intense drops and turns.

· Lakeslide Landing – a new family slide complex featuring 12 kid-sized water slides that line the perimeter of a zero-depth-entry pool, giving kids their own mini water thrills while parents can relax under shade structures and enjoy an oversized lounge and sun deck.

· Lemmy’s Lagoon – the mythical Lake Erie Monster, Lemmy, comes to life in this all-new family splashground. Located near Lakeslide Landing, Lemmy rises from the water featuring water curtains, geysers, water gadgets and even a slide. Playful fish and sandcastle structures join Lemmy to create even more splashtastic fun for families.

“Our history started as a simple bathing beach back in 1870, when it was all about cooling off and enjoying time together along the shore of Lake Erie,” said Jason McClure, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. “The transformation of Cedar Point Shores puts all the pieces together – the connection to the lake, the mile-long Cedar Point Beach and thrilling water attractions. One day just isn’t enough to experience everything we’re offering this summer.”

Cedar Point Shores Waterpark will open to the public on Saturday, May 27 with a special preview day for all Season Passholders on Friday, May 26.

Edited by robbalvey

While I'll admittedly never spend a single second of my life at Cedar Point Shores, this is much needed and looks fantastic.

As for the hotel, someone else would need to field that question. I'm really not familiar with Breakers at all since I always stay at cheap sh*t hotels.

So am I correct in thinking they are finally pulling down the old Bon Air section of Hotel Breakers? That, IMO is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! The new wing looks great!

Thinking? Bruh, they pulled it down last off season.

Yea, they tore it down during the last Breakers renovation. They have begun rebuilding already and it looks like they've made some great progress so far.

Not like many of you care, except for those like myself, but Cedar Point posted a new water park update on their FB.

At 0:50 Magnum gets new Intamin Trains confirmed! JK

Improvements look great! I've been going to Cedar Point every year since I was born, 27 summers ago. And I have never been to Soak City... CP Shores. I have to say, I think this might be the summer I go. They finally have a wide offering of slides. Add a ProSlide waterslide coaster (record breaking?) and this is a very nice lineup.

Sandusky's Kalahari is opening up a huge expansion to their outdoor area. CP has some waterpark competition. But this is a great addition to the whole resort. Way to go CP, way to go.

Huh, that's exactly when I was planning my trip. Would be flying into Columbus, so I might add another day and throw Kings Island in, weather permitting.

The flight to Columbus is cheap enough that I could easily do it again next year.

I thought about trying to fly in or out of Columbus and hit up KI as well as I've never been there, but decided to just focus on CP this trip. Flying into Cleveland on that Saturday, driving over to CP, staying in Breakers Express while hitting up the park Sunday/Monday, then flying out of Cleveland that Tuesday. Quick trip but can't wait.