TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Djurs Sommerland Discussion Thread

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for an inversion...

The only other inverted coaster I can think of that doesn't loop is Kvasten at Gröna Lund. But that might be because I'm not too familiar with the smaller inverts of the world.

Indoor section looks great and the first turn looks pretty forceful.

One more reason to get my ass over to Denmark again.

The only other inverted coaster I can think of that doesn't loop is Kvasten at Gröna Lund. But that might be because I'm not too familiar with the smaller inverts of the world.

Here's a list

That only lists the Vekoma ones, you get a better grasp by going to all inverted coasters and sort by number of inversions

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&de=5&page=1&order=24

They are fixed. I have not seen a free swinging invert in a while.

The Vekoma family suspended coaster (Kvasten, Orkanen, Freedom Flyer, etc) is not a free-swinging coaster per say, but the cars do swing a little bit.

In fact, the train of Kvasten comes a bit tilted in the station due to the last transition:

It might not be obvious as it's only a few degrees.

I tried to put it back in place, but it's actually hard (hence why it's not really free-swinging) and it stays titled during the whole unloading/loading phase.

It might not be obvious as it's only a few degrees.

I tried to put it back in place, but it's actually hard (hence why it's not really free-swinging) and it stays titled during the whole unloading/loading phase.

This is a conversation that we've been through before in another thread, but I think it's the best visible

Yeah they definitely aren't static but it'd be interesting to know why vekoma decided to give them the ability to do this.

Do the seats swing like on the Vekoma versions or are they fixed?

I think true free swinging inverts like the old arrow ones put a ton of stress on the track and supports making them not last as long (I believe that is one of the reasons rides like Big Bad Wolf are disappearing).

• 1 month later...
I assume the theming isn't finished yet due to all the blue walls around the station. Hopefully they finish it soon!

It looked intentional to me, though I thought it was an odd choice. It's more of a Nepal vibe than Chinese.

Went on Dragekongen on opening day, it's a very fun ride with a surprising amount of force. It does have a bit of a rattle in some places, but overall a very successful addition to Djurs Sommerland.

Is it similar to the rattle on Taron?