TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I have absolutely no grounds for this claim, but I would expect a fairly decent crowd tomorrow and Saturday. They have been hyping this coaster more than any other coaster so I think they've stirred up enough hype to attract a pretty good opening day crowd. However, as for Sunday, I feel like it's more of a toss up. It is opening weekend, but it's still April. I'm sure someone with more experience will pop up soon with real info.

Invadr is pretty fun. Nice pace but don't expect to be out of your seat. Great great for families.

Ummmm...

. . . 9 airtime hills. . .

Surly there is some airtime there somewhere??

Eh, either way, I'm really looking forward to trying it out later this month!

Rode InvadR during the soft opening tonight. Awesome family coaster. First drop better than expected and decent floater air in front seat. Very smooth and I enjoyed it overall. Night rides in the dark will be even more fun. Only complaint would be the station is really compact limiting the number of riders that can enter the station, so the line will grow really fast.

Other than waiting 25 minutes for InvadR rest of park was not crowded at all, every ride was a walk on

I took a front-seat and a back-seat ride on InvadR during the media event today (report and video to follow later). Overall, this is a solid GCI wooden coaster that's a lot of fun for families. There's a nice pop of air after the initial drop (which is very good), and the train keeps a steady pace throughout the course. It's best to ride in the back seat (more air back there).

Should be a hit for Busch Gardens.

Guys, please do not cross post content from other sites. It's rude. Chuck is working on his report and he will have it up soon enough. We have already posted a POV of the coaster as well a few days ago:

Edited by robbalvey

Invadr is pretty fun. Great great for families.

Airtime is low end floater.

Rode InvadR during the soft opening tonight. Awesome family coaster.

Overall, this is a solid GCI wooden coaster that's a lot of fun for families.

So this is what I really don't understand about BGW and their coasters: Everyone is saying this is a great "family" coaster, except with a 46" height restriction, it's starting to get outside of the "family coaster" category.

If Test Track, which goes 65mph, Tower of Terror, which has insane airtime, and Big Thunder Mountain, which actually has a decent amount of airtime for what it does, can all be 40" at Magic Kingdom, explain to me why a ride like InvadR is 46"?

There is no explanation, IMO, only poor excuses.

This will always frustrate me with parks that open rides that are great for one demographic but carry a height restriction for another. BGW is, IMO, one of the most unbalanced major parks in the country (maybe even the world) when it comes to height restrictions. It promotes itself as a "family" park, yet it doesn't have any coasters with a height restriction lower than 46" outside of the kiddie area, and most of them are between 52-54"

Of course the only other park that immediately comes to mind that is even more unbalanced is SeaWorld Orlando. Explain to me why a park that REALLY caters to smaller kids has three giant roller coasters with a 54" height restriction that most kids that go to that park can't even ride. (Not even Kristen who is ten years old now is tall enough to ride any of SeaWorld's coasters!) So perhaps this is a higher-level corporate issue where they just don't value the importance of having a true "family" ride at their parks?

This coaster SHOULD have been their 42" ride that filled that gap which was created when Big Bad Wolf was taken down. One can only hope they'll realize this and try to do something to modify it.

*sigh*

Edited by robbalvey

So this is what I really don't understand about BGW and their coasters: Everyone is saying this is a great "family" coaster, except with a 46" height restriction, it's starting to get outside of the "family coaster" category.

If Test Track, which goes 65mph, Tower of Terror, which has insane airtime, and Big Thunder Mountain, which actually has a decent amount of airtime for what it does, can all be 40" at Magic Kingdom, explain to me why a ride like InvadR is 46"?

This will always frustrate me with parks that open rides that are great for one demographic but carry a height restriction for another. BGW is, IMO, one of the most unbalanced major parks in the country (maybe even the world) when it comes to height restrictions. It promotes itself as a "family" park, yet it doesn't have any coasters with a height restriction lower than 46" outside of the kiddie area, and most of them are between 52-54"

Of course the only other park that immediately comes to mind that is even more unbalanced is SeaWorld Orlando. Explain to me why a park that REALLY caters to smaller kids has three giant roller coasters with a 54" height restriction that most kids that go to that park can't even ride. (Not even Kristen who is ten years old now is tall enough to ride any of SeaWorld's coasters!) So perhaps this is a higher-level corporate issue where they just don't value the importance of having a true "family" ride at their parks?

This coaster SHOULD have been their 42" ride that filled that gap which was created when Big Bad Wolf was taken down. One can only hope they'll realize this and try to do something to modify it.

*sigh*

What's wrong with a less intense experience for once? We already have several high level coasters at BGW. Adults are enjoying the ride regardless so I don't see how this is an issue.

Guys, please do not cross post content from other sites. It's rude. Chuck is working on his report and he will have it up soon enough. We have already posted a POV of the coaster as well a few days

Yay!!!! Chuck

(Maggiekat and I will be there tomorrow. Any chance your going back?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*sigh*

What's wrong with a less intense experience for once? We already have several high level coasters at BGW. Adults are enjoying the ride regardless so I don't see how this is an issue.

Thanks for actually *READING* the post before responding to it. One week ban for being an idiot. Try to be less dumb when you come back.