TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

^I thought it was "Pennsatucky"?

But for real, this looks great from the video. If it's anything like White Lightning at Fun Spot down here in Orlando, it'll be less of a "aww cute little tiny GCI" and more of a "holy crap this thing flies through its course!"

If it's as good as White Lightning, that works for me.

Thinking about the Roller Coaster Insider Tour - any recommendations for this?

Only my second time going to BGW - and figured Saturday, April 15 will be rather crowded. And it's only $15 more than Quick Queue Unlimited that day.

I saw that you get a "special pass" to use afterward - is this just a Quick Queue Limited?

Fingers crossed that InvadR will also be included (but not expecting it).

Edited by Brad

I've heard the term, but I've also heard it from people in Lehigh county who take major issue with being lumped into the republic of Pennsyltucky and also think it should exclude Scranton / Wilkes Barre. The specific location of Pennsyltucky seems to be as much of a hotly contested issue as whether or not central Jersey exists or what's considered "Upstate New York".

We're dealing with some serious sh*t in the northeast...

Edited by coasterbill

Only my second time going to BGW - and figured Saturday, April 15 will be rather crowded. And it's only $15 more than Quick Queue Unlimited that day.

I saw that you get a "special pass" to use afterward - is this just a Quick Queue Limited?

I'm also thinking about doing this in June. It certainly has been a "bucket list" experience for me.

Speaking from someone who has done this tour, I would highly recommend it. Getting to go up the lift of Griffon alone was worth it for us.

The Quick Queue you get as part of this tour is a one time use quick queue. With InvadR opening this year I am curious to know if they add any sort of tour of that to it. There is video of our tour online but I am unable to post it here.

:lol: I've heard the term, but I've also heard it from people in Lehigh county who take major issue with being lumped into the republic of Pennsyltucky and also think it should exclude Scranton / Wilkes Barre. The specific location of Pennsyltucky seems to be as much of a hotly contested issue as whether or not central Jersey exists or what's considered "Upstate New York".

I'm from Pennsyltucky. It does exist and I would absolutely drag the Scranton / Wilkes-Barre area into it just to see them squirm.

Speaking from someone who has done this tour, I would highly recommend it. Getting to go up the lift of Griffon alone was worth it for us.

The Quick Queue you get as part of this tour is a one time use quick queue. With InvadR opening this year I am curious to know if they add any sort of tour of that to it. There is video of our tour online but I am unable to post it here.

Went ahead and booked the tour - I'm looking forward to it!

Excited to experience the park from this angle on my second visit. This will also open up the afternoon to enjoy the scenery, catch a show or two and eat/drink!

Here's a quick InvadR update. I received a text yesterday from a TPR member saying some portions of the coaster's track had been removed in three spots. I went to the park today, and they are installing new wood.

How this will affect the ride's scheduled opening day, I'm not sure. My best guess is probably not. They're were still telling people April 7.

Here are some photos.

001.thumb.jpg.3c336223f098b9d6f8932d7327f7678b.jpg

But first, sorry Europe in the Air fans--the old ride's sign is gone.

002.thumb.jpg.f28c79e0425013dc2075b9cb5569321d.jpg

But, hey, Le Scoot is open.

003.thumb.jpg.da533ffcc0abc8d31690b4e4a3069640.jpg

There was a crew working in front of the station.

004.thumb.jpg.37164ed878614c7d813371a1e9e63936.jpg

"Grr! I'll bite your head off! Grr, I say!" (I do like the look of the trains.)

005.thumb.jpg.151cda94146365ae937bbab1f9bc01a4.jpg

You can see two crews from the Alpengeist bridge.

007.thumb.jpg.8463b21ad1d7044faa73071f62f26fde.jpg

New wood and clamps being put to use.

008.thumb.jpg.df69801204c7a59b03ab73323c3cfe58.jpg

This crew is working by the railroad tracks.

009.thumb.jpg.40d6925cdff17a495baadddc40a8aec9.jpg

Here's the view from the train.

2077069161_010-Copy.thumb.jpg.98c09bcac37a18527d73f5c9d264e92d.jpg

The work up close.

1375910901_011-Copy.thumb.jpg.8b5d6a82c491f166d9bc013f97b75bca.jpg

They have to apply the steel strip, too.

1749618104_012-Copy.thumb.jpg.a5b7e6c86b6bb5f7e6af8f7d79436dbc.jpg

Here's the other crew.

013.thumb.jpg.f27ebabdca1df1652400591d8efdf022.jpg

New wood and clamps. That's all for now.

But first, sorry Europe in the Air fans--the old ride's sign is gone.

Uh... what fans?

In all seriousness, good report, Chuck. Nice to hear that Le Scoot is back up and running too!

Oh, I imagine there are one or two Europe in the Air fans out there. As for King Arthur's Challenge, the ride that was in that building between Questor and Corkscrew Hill, there are probably none.

I'm glad you liked the report.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to put in a full trip report, but let me just say quickly that I forgot how utterly charming BGW is as a park. Spent about five hours there on Sunday, wish I could have stayed the entire day but had to make a long 8 hour drive back up to NYC. That being said, after showing my wife several photos of the architecture, landscaping, and theming taken all throughout the park, she's now asking for Williamsburg to be our summer vacation this year. I have no choice but to oblige.

Also, Alpengeist is amazing, especially in the front. Instajump to the top of my favorite inverts!

^ Looks like you're doing at least part of a trip I'm hoping to do in 2018 or 2019. Are you hitting KD as well?

We are doing Busch Gardens, HersheyPark, Kings Dominion, touring the DC area, and a bunch of Live escape rooms...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^ Looks like you're doing at least part of a trip I'm hoping to do in 2018 or 2019. Are you hitting KD as well?

We are doing Busch Gardens, HersheyPark, Kings Dominion, touring the DC area, and a bunch of Live escape rooms...

Sounds like a great trip, especially since I see no mention of SFA.

Also, Alpengeist is amazing, especially in the front. Instajump to the top of my favorite inverts!

I find most B&M inverts best in the last row. However, Alpengeist has been the only exception so far.

This definitely sounds like Soarin' but with a European flare...I think this will be a great addition to BGE's Ireland!

I thought Corkscrew Hill was okay, but it would have nothing on a simulator ride through Europe...especially over Neuschwanstein Castle.

I wondered what all those hang-gliders experienced when I saw them flying over the castle last October. Perhaps I will get to experience a similar trip without having to worry about plunging 2000 feet to my death!

I was just looking back at the posts from when Europe in the Air was announced. Little did they know... oh boy