Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

TR 14: Efteling (Preview Symbolica) - June 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby amohans » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 am

Great pictures showing climate:)

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:28 pm

I would love to ride Heidi , with the wood structure and compare it to White Lightning at Fun Spot Orlando, with the steel structure. Just to see if there is any difference in how the two ride. Well, and just to go to Plopsaland. Cool pics.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby JordyC » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:41 am

jynx242 wrote:Thanks for the awesome report and pictures. Two things came to mind for me:

1. I love the "Steampunk" feel of Baron and,

Thank you! Yes, I really love the theming of Baron as well. It's just so "not magical" for the Efteling, if you know what I mean. And that makes it even more special.

jynx242 wrote:
2. The theming in the Disco is freaking awesome. For some reason that brought me some joy.

It is awesome, indeed! Theming makes a ride so much better.

amohans wrote:Great pictures showing climate:)

Thank you!

djcoastermark wrote:I would love to ride Heidi , with the wood structure and compare it to White Lightning at Fun Spot Orlando, with the steel structure. Just to see if there is any difference in how the two ride. Well, and just to go to Plopsaland. Cool pics.

I haven't ridden White Lightning yet, so I really don't know if there's any difference. The layout is not 100% identical, so I guess there will be a slight difference ;)
<< Quality Over Quantity >>

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Red Force - Ferrari Land 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 136 || Parks: 26

PortAventura Park || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg ||Holiday Park, Europa-Park & Plopsa Coo || Walibi Holland

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:34 am

Definitely a park I need to visit during a future trip to Europe
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby JordyC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:54 am

larrygator wrote:Definitely a park I need to visit during a future trip to Europe

It sure is! Anubis has always been a good reason to visit, but now that they have Heidi I feel like this park is finally complete.

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Red Force - Ferrari Land 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

PortAventura Park || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg ||Holiday Park, Europa-Park & Plopsa Coo || Walibi Holland

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:59 am

larrygator wrote:Definitely a park I need to visit during a future trip to Europe

Agreed! Looks like a great park for families, with enough big rides to keep teens and adults busy.

Postby JordyC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm

cfc wrote:

Agreed! Looks like a great park for families, with enough big rides to keep teens and adults busy.

Exactly! The last few years they really invested in some big rides, such as Anubis, the Disk'o and now Heidi. It now really is a park where everyone can have a great time.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:04 pm

God, that Disko theming is unreal.

Postby JordyC » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:17 am

coasterbill wrote:God, that Disko theming is unreal.

Yes, Plopsa knows how to theme a ride! Most other parks can learn from this.

Postby JordyC » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:37 am

Ferrari Land - April 2017

Hello everyone!

From April 10th - 12th 2017, I went for my first ever time to PortAventura World to visit the new Ferrari Land and - of course - PortAventura Park itself. I spent one day in Ferrari Land, and the other two days in the main park.

On April 11th I visited Ferrari Land. When the gates opened, literally everybody ran to Red Force. But big disappointment at the entrance of the ride; Red Force was down for technical reasons. So after 30 minutes of just standing in front of the entrance, hoping for a miracle or something, we decided to try out all the other rides at the park. At 13:30, we heard the sound of the launch and everybody left the queue line for whatever ride they were waiting for and ran to Red Force. The queue line soon reached 60+ minutes (which is not too bad, in my opinion). I was able to get 3 rides on it, before it broke down again at 16:30 (park closed at 17:00).

Honestly, I am not too sure what to think about Ferrari Land. Red Force is clearly the highlight of the park. All the other rides are pretty standard, nothing special. Although, I have to say that Flying Dreams was pretty awesome! Yes, the park looks fantastic and has some great theming, and if you love fast cars, this is the place to be. But in general, I don't think it is possible to spend a full day in the park. Unless you want to ride Red Force over and over again, but in my case that wasn't possible for obvious reasons. Overall, I think it's a great addition to PortAventura World, and I really hope that it all goes well for this park.

Red Force (9/10)
This ride is just insane! Not is it only super tall and fast, but on top of that it also has great theming around the ride and in the station. Because it uses an LSM launch, it doesn't have that initial kick to it like you get with the hydraulic launches on for example Furius Baco. It is about halfway the launch when you are accelerating insanely fast. It is just crazy, especially in the front! The top hat provides some decent airtime, and you are out of your seat during the whole vertical decent! Seriously, that straight drop down is just INSANE! If I really have to say something slightly negative about Red Force, it would be that it gets a little shaky at the end of the launch, but nothing too bad. Apart from that, it is butter smooth! Even the weird camelback at the end. Also, the trains are super comfy. All of this makes Red Force a top 10 coaster for me, and the reason to visit Ferrari Land!

DSC_0743.JPG
Welcome to Ferrari Land!

DSC_0744.JPG
You get this stunning view when you enter the park.

DSC_0745.JPG
Beautiful Italian theming all over the place.

DSC_0746.JPG
A look inside the gorgeous (and expensive) Ferrari Shop.

DSC_0777.JPG
The entrance to Maranello Grand Race.

DSC_0779.JPG
There are two sides, both follow a similar route.

DSC_0778.JPG
Great views from PortAventura Park in the backgound.

DSC_0783.JPG
It's a fun relaxing ride, that lasts about 5 minutes, depending on how fast you want to go.

DSC_0750.JPG
I bet that in a few years this park will look even better, when all the trees and plants are fully grown.

DSC_0751.JPG
The main building itself, located right in the middle of the park.

DSC_0752.JPG
Ferrari Experience is home to two simulators. Flying Dreams is a Flying Theatre, where you fly around the world following a Ferrari. The other simulator, Racing Legends, takes you around the world's most famous race tracks.

DSC_0739.JPG
While in the queue line, there is this very cool Ferrari car that changes colour.

DSC_0740.JPG
OMG, now it's yellow!

DSC_0754.JPG
The buildings look great!

DSC_0753.JPG
You also have this simulator, where you can race like a real F1 driver.

DSC_0755.JPG
Fun little kiddie ride.

DSC_0758.JPG
Yes, we are still in Spain, not in Italy.

DSC_0761.JPG
For some inexplicable reason, my car was here..

DSC_0762.JPG
Fancy one ice-cream?

DSC_0763.JPG
B-E-A-UTIFUL!

DSC_0764.JPG
Red Force really dominates the park!

DSC_0766.JPG
Still no launching..

DSC_0767.JPG
You can also experience what it's like to be a real pit stop mechanic. Show off your skills!

DSC_0790.JPG
Ferrari Land Gallery tells you the history of Ferrari. There are also some very cool cars in here. No photos were allowed inside, though.

DSC_0776.JPG
It's time for Thrill Towers.

DSC_0768.JPG
The towers are themed to pistons.

DSC_0784.JPG
Most of the time, they "duel" perfectly!

DSC_0785.JPG
One tower is a free fall tower, the other shoots you up.

DSC_0787.JPG
Going up or down? Guess we will never know..

DSC_0789.JPG
They are pretty much your standard S&S Towers. Not that much airtime.

DSC_0834.JPG
Red Force finally opened! Chop-chop, get in line!

DSC_0795.JPG
Shooting up for the sky!

DSC_0794.JPG
Because of the pigeon incident on opening day, riders in the front have to wear glasses now.

DSC_0816.JPG
That drop is huge!

DSC_0805.JPG
Maximum velocity!

DSC_0775.JPG
It looks beautiful with the two towers next to it.

DSC_0773.JPG
Really, pictures don't show how impressive this looks in person.

DSC_0801.JPG
Going up!

DSC_0806.JPG
And going straight down!

DSC_0850.JPG
The sound that the launch makes, is absolutely perfect!

DSC_0835.JPG
They really thought about the location of these rides.

DSC_0823.JPG
Did I already mention how tall this ride is when you stand in front of it?

DSC_0848.JPG
They take a photo of you at the moment that the launch kicks in - guaranteed for some awesome onride photos!

DSC_0843.JPG
The launch does some pretty weird things to your face.

DSC_0803.JPG
Some random people going super fast!

DSC_0811.JPG
I mean, look at that drop! Straight down!

DSC_0771.JPG
I really love the Ferrari logo on the tower!

DSC_0820.JPG
Hands up if you love Red Force!

DSC_0786.JPG
Do you dare to challenge the wind?

DSC_0770.JPG
You can see Red Force from pretty much everywhere in the resort.

DSC_0830.JPG
One last look at Red Force!

Thanks for reading! I will soon upload my report from PortAventura Park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!