Slagharen Netherlands Discussion Thread

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update: Gold Rush

The Monorail of the park will run right through the structure of Gold Rush.

Passengers of the monorail will soon see how riders will be launched at 95 kph. "Yesterday the monorail made its first testrun since the construction of Gold Rush", says a spokesperson. "And it did fit perfectly between the supports."

There will also be a special viewpoint from a few meters high, next to the station. That viewing area is almost completed. Also, the station building is almost finished.

Soon the train will be put on the track. Gold Rush opens on Thursday, April 13th.

Source

310317truck1.jpg.461de6edff76f6c49a0202a6a1539cde.jpg

310317truck2.jpg.7453ec0e65ee0cb973c8030319915e9a.jpg

310317truck3.jpg.438e1b06f1698ad9d48845762a416782.jpg

310317truck5.jpg.4d0f2b2c234ab106d92d6832c08f4973.jpg

310317truck6.jpg.3ec00cacf7f6ab5afea0beaaf5878bd5.jpg

310317truck7.jpg.78adb0a7ecee24c4ab5bc96a60d4c3af.jpg

310317truck8.jpg.43391521bccb1a4fca9db678da576958.jpg

Great update JordyC, it's looking fantastic and I'm definitely working out when I can tie this into a road trip from the UK to Holland. It may have to wait for 2018 but I will be sure to get out there and try it at the soonest chance.

I have to say this interests me a lot more than anything at Efteling.

also what's with theme park owners being history killers? if you've got a rare historic ride in your park you should grab it by the horns and pump money into it to keep it going! it's actually quite upsetting seeing classics get knocked down... how many jetstar II's are left now then? just that 1? that one that was taken away from alton towers blackhole

PRESERVE HISTORY! it's important!

also what's with theme park owners being history killers? if you've got a rare historic ride in your park you should grab it by the horns and pump money into it to keep it going! it's actually quite upsetting seeing classics get knocked down... how many jetstar II's are left now then? just that 1? that one that was taken away from alton towers blackhole

It's nice to preserve classics, but when a park sees an opportunity to add something miles better, they'll do it. The GP won't care. After all, that's who they're catering to.

Honestly, I'd happily take this over a Schwarzkopf Looping Star any day of the week.

Also, what's so wrong with Gerstaluers? They're great!

By the way, would you HONESTLY expect a park of this size to add a B&M?

A themepark is a business, not a museum. And your precious classic roller coaster was saved. It's being restored and sold.

History is important, I'm not arguing with you there. But, as a business, Slagharen has every right to want to move forward. If Slagharen cared so little about Thunder Loop's history, they would have sold the blasted thing for scrap - and they didn't. Part of the reason why these kinds of Schwarzkopf coasters often get restored instead of scrapped is because they're designed to be taken apart and relocated.

Check out our Onride & Offride video from Gold Rush

ADMIN EDIT:

Since you've only ever really come on our forums to spam your videos (15 out of 18 of your posts were video spam), which we find fairly rude and obnoxious, we are going to replace your video with our video, and if you don't like that, you can always just not post here anymore. Got it? Thanks!

Edited by robbalvey