TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Do you go through a broker to get the express pass that is Japanese only in advance? Or buy them at the park? I never used to have a problem but I've heard conflicting reports that since Harry Potter they could be sold out already and same with Flying Dinosaur 7 while other friends said it was fine. Considering asking the Japanese teacher at my school if we go next year to help me book but I normally don't like doing in advance since would hate to have a rainy day and miss out on Flying Dinosaur.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^During busy times all of the express passes are sold out in advance. Even when we have gone during non-busy times at least one or two of the options are sold out in advance. If you have a connection to help you get them in advance, it's worth the money even just as an insurance policy.

Thanks, after I posted I decided to check the site to see what the new books would be like now minions is coming and was pleasantly surprised to see it now lists English travel agencies who are licensed to sell the express passes, that wasn't there before. Probably don't have the time off or finances right now but since it's only an hour flight for me I always keep an eye out in-case of a long weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Continuing on from the Countdown Party, we were right back at Tokyo Disney the next morning! We did a little bit of park hopping around over the next two days (Mostly DisneySEA though), so I'll just include that all in this one final report...

C1Euva2UAAAGmqq.jpg

C1EuvdmVIAEGVNj.jpg

While the rest of the world sleeps after an awesome New Years Eve, we are headed to Disneyland! Tokyo style!

C1EyfSbVEAAmow0.jpg

In case you were wondering, or even if you didn't care, here's the Tokyo Disney Monorail map!

C1HyCOjUoAEtMKm.jpg

Walking into a park and seeing this never gets old!

C1H9-XQUcAASAWQ.jpg

C1H9-XFVEAA9cS8.jpg

C1H9-XOUUAAf-AL.jpg

Really impressed with how they've solved the "running" problem they used to have at park opening. Haven't seen it at all the past 4 days!

Just to show how everywhere you look in this park is a photo op, here's all 4 directions from where I'm standing!

C1H3pE9UUAA9qee.jpg

C1H3pE_VIAE3XOL.jpg

C1H3pEuUAAAGdfR.jpg

C1H3pFCUcAAtCDA.jpg

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Kristen is having fun collecting her crystals on her wand all over the park!

C1IX58RVEAAd-yf.jpg

C1IX58gUsAEsOol.jpg

C1IX58aUsAAoBVI.jpg

Kristen collected most of the Tokyo DisneySEA 15th Anniversary crystals on her wand already! They unlock when you visit crystal locations! When you unlock them all, you can then interact with Cast Members who also have wands!

C1HzjQgUUAErDDh.jpg

Can you M-I-SEE it? If you can tell us what you can SEE-K-E-Y! And where!

C1H5rSKVQAAMO71.jpg

2 weeks of traveling around Asia this is the first ECV I've seen. I applaud them for the lack of frivolous overuse of these! #NeverInAmerica

C1ICpKIVIAAF1Iy.jpg

C1ICpJ-VEAAjgPW.jpg

C1ICpJ5UAAAevY4.jpg

They have smoking "rooms" at Tokyo Disney! Love this! Put the smokers in one cancer box far away from the rest of us!

C1IEzNIW8AUP0Ha.jpg

There are some super ominous clouds over Tower of Terror today!

C1II03XVIAAr72C.jpg

C1II03aUcAAFuAP.jpg

C1II01-UAAAmcHV.jpg

C1II02QVIAAIGBs.jpg

We LOVE Aquatopia! We don't know why... but we do!!!

C1IKRWwUUAApZRs.jpg

C1IKRWqVEAAYuPD.jpg

C1IKRWbUQAAhQ1o.jpg

Both of these popcorn stands are across from each other and they are both delicious!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

This pigeon is fearless!!! Probably because polite Japanese kids don't chase and kick them like the horrible American kids do!!!

C1IWLwnUsAAp1Gb.jpg

C1IWLwqUcAAeU65.jpg

C1IWLwnVIAAu2ki.jpg

C1IWLwoUsAIQfTA.jpg

Orlando's Twilight Zone theme is so dated! Out with Rod Serling and in with Shiriki Utundu!

C1IbGRrVEAAEK2y.jpg

Before a show starts, they announce to the audience to please remove headbands, don't kids on shoulders, keep cameras lower at eye height & lower any balloons down. Everyone complies without any complaint. Why can't they do this in America??? Is being courteous to the people around you really too much to ask???

C1IhkdoWEAA1dOc.jpg

C1IhkfnXAAEOSGj.jpg

C1IhkeOXcAU0MOO.jpg

One of the floats from the 15th Anniversary celebration! The characters look so good!

C1OV67-UkAAErcL.jpg

Hanno got this great photo of the rodents!

C1ImrERXUAA8YUF.jpg

This has to be one of the best 1-2 combos you can hold FastPasses for!

C1IuwS-XUAArGwU.jpg

C1IuwTOXcAAuYxd.jpg

C1IuwU6XEAEfakL.jpg

C1IuwVPXUAA7DEA.jpg

Someone had set up a display of Duffy characters dressed as cast members!

C1IvUTCWEAETTlV.jpg

C1IvUStXcAIgGyz.jpg

I would also like to point out that whoever owns these dolls wasn't anywhere around. They just left them out for people to take pictures of and then will come back and collect them later. We are told people do this all the time and it's not an issue because people in Japan are not horrible and mean and won't steal them.

C1I-kVXWQAAgB7C.jpg

Yes, this is in a theme park!

C1JKan_XgAARR1w.jpg

C1JKaoCWEAAfPF8.jpg

C1JKan9WIAIf2gw.jpg

The "Explorers Fortress" is amazing to walk around in. I always get lost, even with this map!

C1JaWMdWEAAyu1Y.jpg

Who can tell me what this means?

C1JN7e6UQAA28vM.jpg

C1JN7fCUUAArE27.jpg

C1JN7fBUoAAOjpt.jpg

Some of the merchandise featuring "The Wing of Wishes" for Tokyo DisneySEA 15th Anniversary.

C1JctcLUQAANnOR.jpg

You know you're in an awesome park when you have an erupting volcano in the middle of it!

C1IzcU-UoAAaFvn.jpg

C1IzcVdUUAAPps5.jpg

C1IzcViUUAAD7_k.jpg

C1IzcVjUUAAE8UB.jpg

Not only do you not see a gross overuse of ECV's in Japan, you also don't see many of those obnoxious double-wide strollers! #NeverInAmerica

C1JXDuUUsAESbGp.jpg

They have "Duffy Photo Spots" around the park so you can feature the characters in your photos!

C1JJFB1XcAEW_9N.jpg

C1JJFCJWEAAtHIZ.jpg

C1JJFCEWIAAq2lq.jpg

Stitch and Angel have come out to greet guests! Do we even have an Angel character at the US parks?

C1ItMNMXEAA5f9Y.jpg

C1ItMNRXAAEBdLB.jpg

Kristen is very happy she got to see an Ocean Sunfish this trip!

WARNING! Lots of Duffy photos coming as we take a look around one of the Duffy stores!

C1JiLeMUAAA-j-v.jpg

C1JiLeMUoAASk_X.jpg

C1JiLeMUAAELy1M.jpg

C1Jl4g9UcAAJ1vY.jpg

C1Jl4g8UkAEQztF.jpg

C1Jl4hCUoAANzy3.jpg

C1JkCw_UUAEauXb.jpg

C1JkCxBUsAAsINr.jpg

C1JkCxBUcAAh2y4.jpg

This doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of all the Duffy merchandise!

C1Id_bBXcAA6UNf.jpg

C1Id_bTXAAAl9wt.jpg

C1Id_baWEAAk10B.jpg

C1Id_bmXUAAYYyh.jpg

If you live Japan and don't have something Duffy related on your person at all times, you're doing it wrong!

C1JoR5JUAAIJ-XO.jpg

C1JoR5HVQAAkxDD.jpg

C1JoR5VUsAA_PlE.jpg

C1JoR5XUsAAIMRN.jpg

You know that giant boat you see in all the DisneySEA pics? Yes, you can go in it and explore!

C1JuIN1VQAAlbgE.jpg

When the sun goes down, Tokyo DisneySEA looks even more amazing!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Love this Tower of Terror sign!

C1JPKpyVEAA7evI.jpg

C1JPKp3VIAAq6aB.jpg

C1JPKpxVEAAYH-N.jpg

When you purchase a bottled drink from a cart, your bottle is wiped off so your hand doesn't get wet. Amazing guest service! #NeverInAmerica

C1JCaBBWIAA9Wzm.jpg

C1JCaBHWgAAxcxo.jpg

We were hoping by making the planets align it would make Trump disappear. Sorry world, no luck! We tried!

C1KUGdIXAAA_TAF.jpg

Because... Duffy!

C1J1XOdXEAAB97G.jpg

Easily the best looking version of Toy Story Mania!

C1KR3VqXEAAwXsb.jpg

I AM GOING TO EAT YOU PEOPLE!!! OM NOM NOM!!!

C1KW65XWEAQgwEK.jpg

C1KW668XcAA6phe.jpg

C1KW68bXUAA_hAl.jpg

C1KW61hW8AA2NYj.jpg

Toy Story Mania is like crack for the Japanese. The FastPasses sell out almost instantly and 160 minutes is an average line!

C1KZjJIW8AAdrC4.jpg

These games are totally free and the Japanese play once and then let the next person waiting play. What a concept! #NeverInAmerica

C1J2SbmW8AA-NJ-.jpg

C1J2SbqWgAAIlwf.jpg

Now that Kristen has collected all her wand crystals she can swap colors with Cast Members!

C1KRHBXWQAAB-xS.jpg

C1KRHBVXgAAsamN.jpg

So we totally just ate Chandu's tail! Tastes like chicken!

C1KO3x0WQAAJc6I.jpg

C1KO3yBWIAM4gCs.jpg

C1KO3yEXEAA4uQN.jpg

C1KO3x0XgAAHVp9.jpg

Kristen loves 20,000 Leagues! She's ridden it like five times already this trip!

C1KSnLfXgAA6o6h.jpg

C1KSnLiWQAAB9yw.jpg

Not only are these toilets smarter than you, I've never walked into a public restroom in Japan that is disgusting. #NeverInAmerica

C1KcLJFWgAEUxy8.jpg

Look, getting pictures of a spontaneously exploding volcano with your iPhone is not the easiest thing to do, OK?

C1KLxDOXgAE71Ej.jpg

C1KLxDUXUAE0CSN.jpg

C1KLxDiXEAA4bwB.jpg

C1KLxDcW8AA96eR.jpg

How about a few more night time photos of Tokyo DisneySEA?

C1KFUbFXcAARyH2.jpg

C1KFUbIWIAAkdhE.jpg

Popcorn cheers!

C1KCgtyWgAImALG.jpg

Fire makes any roller coaster better!

C1KAL5QXEAEhzOD.jpg

Tokyo DisneySEA at night! There is no better looking theme park in the world!

C1J6M7CXgAAKwel.jpg

C1J6M7MW8AAouT3.jpg

C1J6M7UXEAElCDu.jpg

C1J6M7UXAAAlAJr.jpg

Sindbad and Chandu say hello!

C1I8ltqXcAAgaUI.jpg

Sexiest Disney animatronic ever made?

C1FPbvUVQAAuc4i.jpg

High wind cancelled fireworks at Tokyo Disney. No one freaked out. No complaining. Just a polite understanding culture. #NeverInAmerica

C1FoMRgVQAES8h4.jpg

C1FoMRsUkAAVPQw.jpg

C1FoMSJUoAAgPRR.jpg

Once Upon A Time is a seriously amazing show! Do not miss this!!!

C1FOi3jVEAA4X8Z.jpg

Every Disney park should have Haunted Mansion Holiday!

C1OgVplUoAAgT70.jpg

Here's what Haunted Mansion Holiday could look like if we had it in Orlando...

C1FEs3PUQAA_hO-.jpg

Honey Popcorn is in our near future... YUM!

C1KeDHOWEAAUSGv.jpg

C1KeDHMWgAAu9L7.jpg

C1KeDHJW8AAKdFh.jpg

Saving the best ride Disney has ever made to end our night on!

C1KjQaSUsAAykAv.jpg

C1KjQcBUcAAjNy1.jpg

C1KjQdSVQAAmExv.jpg

C1KjQgbUkAAE8cJ.jpg

Just a few of the many details you'll find in the Journey queue.

C1Kyz57XAAA8ija.jpg

C1Kyz57W8AMULuK.jpg

C1Kyz58WQAAIhpO.jpg

Now it's time to say goodbye! We will miss you Tokyo Disney! Best theme parks in the world! See you again in 2018!

C1K3qV4XgAABPwJ.jpg

Words to live by...

This report made me so sad that we're not going back for 15 months!!!!!!!!

I've just changed our future travel plans, and for now, we're not going to get there until.... 2021!

By then, the majority of stuff they're building should be done ("Frozen Land" in TDS notwithstanding).

Will live through your future plans, accordingly.

Journey, Tower (which is absolutely the best looking one), Nightmare themed Haunted Mansion, curry, honey, and all of the other freaking popcorn, amazing theming, those damned crazy-awesome smart-toilets, people not acting like dicks...I need some of this action in the near future!!!

What do I miss most about Tokyo Disney?

Pretty much everything!

I was trying to think of what I miss most out of all the things I already miss and now I'm stuck in an endless loop. First I thought of the service: either opening all the rides for literally an hour - 3 hours after a heavy snow storm had rolled in the night before and more snow in the morning even though 95% of the guests had left and the park was empty. Then I remembered them shoveling snow at 5PM to the side so the parades and fireworks could run and making mini mickey snowmen everywhere out of the snow.

Then I remembered the clientele: ridiculously polite, posing for pictures, not queue jumping, no obnoxious comments about anything even when they spoke English with the guy next to them in 90 minute queue.

Then I remembered the rides, fantasmic, themeing, food and popcorn.

Damn it, it is everything I really want to find a highlight over everything else of my trips but it's just almost perfect in all areas.

"We were hoping by making the planets align it would make Trump disappear. Sorry world, no luck! We tried!"

At least you tried. Maybe if you say his name backwards three times in a row that might do the trick.

"We were hoping by making the planets align it would make Trump disappear. Sorry world, no luck! We tried!"

At least you tried. Maybe if you say his name backwards three times in a row that might do the trick.

No, that summons the Floating Eye of Death.