TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

^Have you ever been to Ferrari World before? I wouldn't let this one attraction not being open stop you from visiting a really interesting park with at least two other big, good coasters.

Nope it's my first time in Dubai. Wasn't sure If I should go to another park since I'm only there for a short time and have one day planned for an amusement park.

^Have you ever been to Ferrari World before? I wouldn't let this one attraction not being open stop you from visiting a really interesting park with at least two other big, good coasters.

Nope it's my first time in Dubai. Wasn't sure If I should go to another park since I'm only there for a short time and have one day planned for an amusement park.

Well, for starters, it isn't in Dubai. It's a 75-120 minute drive from Dubai depending on where you are in the city and what time of day it is. Meanwhile, there's IMG Worlds Of Adventure and the Dubai Parks and Resorts places, which are all very new and quite decent from all accounts.

Well, for starters, it isn't in Dubai. It's a 90-120 minute drive from Dubai depending on where you are in the city. Meanwhile, there's IMG Worlds Of Adventure and the Dubai Parks and Resorts places, which are all very new and quite decent from all accounts.

Yeah I know there is a distance between where I'm staying and Ferrari World but I'm so torn on which park to go to. If I was to go someplace else it would be IMG WOA, Ferrari World just still seems like the better choice. Dubai Parks and Resorts just seem like longer than a day and I'd be running around like crazy trying to do it all

^It depends on what you care about. If you're just into the coasters you can easily do Ferrari and IMG in the same day. If you want to do more, then that's not really possible. I still believe in all of their current states Ferrari is still probably the closest to a full day park in the UAE. Motiongate will probably take that title once it's fully open.

Ferrari is s great park. Dubai parks with motiongate Bollywood and legoland is less than one hour from Ferrari World. So it would be feasible to visit both in the day. At the moment Dubai parks and resorts are running an offer of just 295 dirhams for entry to all three parks.

As long as you're not there on the weekend it's perfectly feasible to do all three in one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Honestly, that looks very underwhelming. The launch doesn't look that fast or intense, the ride is short, and the spike isn't that interesting. Mind you, an underwhelming Intamin is better than no Intamin, but I'd put this a solid last in the park behind Formula Rossa, Flying Aces, and Floriana GT Challenge. I think it'd be a great fit at a smaller park, but not here. Sorry to be negative.

Honestly, that looks very underwhelming. The launch doesn't look that fast or intense, the ride is short, and the spike isn't that interesting. Mind you, an underwhelming Intamin is better than no Intamin, but I'd put this a solid last in the park behind Formula Rossa, Flying Aces, and Floriana GT Challenge. I think it'd be a great fit at a smaller park, but not here. Sorry to be negative.

I can see where you're going with that...

TBH, I think they were better off keeping the drop tower (or build a new one by Intamin)

Say what you want, but I think this looks great. It's not the mega-intense-shuttle-with-a-spike-that-will-screw-you-up-for-life ride that everyone wanted and/or expected, but I like the design. It looks clone-able, and I hope to see it in other parks.

However, question; what about Mission Ferrari? Any news on that opening anytime soon?

No diss, but anyone that was expecting OMG THRILLZZZZ just doesn't grasp the space where it was going. The ride looks a whole lot better than a generic drop tower that apparently had the aesthetics and feel of a greenhouse (kinda bad in a desert where it gets to 50C/122F!).

So, the launch looks awesome, and judging by how the seat belts were floating in the video, it looks like you will get some nice air on the tower. That being said, the ride looks pretty underwhelming. It just seems like it needs something... more? I do love how it looks like you can ride sitting either forwards or backwards!! I love me a good backwards launch!!

So, the launch looks awesome, and judging by how the seat belts were floating in the video, it looks like you will get some nice air on the tower. That being said, the ride looks pretty underwhelming.

As you just said, the ride looks like it will have fun elements and that is what I think the park was going for. Remember that this is the "middle ride" between Flying Aces and their crazy looking new Dynamic Attractions coaster which I will assume will open next year. Not every ride is going to be "OMFG WTF HOLY CRAP" and this replaces one of the worst drop rides I've ever been on so it's already a HUGE improvement. I personally think it's great that the park is getting 3 coasters in 3 years and I wasn't expecting all three of them to be crazy huge additions. I certainly think this ride will do well for them. It's unique and different and there's nothing wrong with that.