TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

^^^^^^ Awesome post, thanks for sharing!

I also like Helix way more than Kanonen, but it's still sad to see Kanonen go. It is really a fantastic ride with its powerful launch and its compact lay-out. Great to hear that another park bought it though.

THANKS FOR SHARING! this "inside operator work" Really enjoy to reading this kind of stuff

When i was a kid,i was to short to go on Gröna Lunds Zierer flying carpet-but the operator let me inside to look at all the control buttons etc..i will never forget that..and i think my themepark/coasters/flatrides interest start to grow this afternoon when i was 5 years old there

Nowadays I go no further, but i can be in a park for a whole day just for the atmosphere .All technology, how it works, etc. is just as fun for me. I get very easily panic attacks just me standing in the queue to some ride unfortunately, but enjoy the view and se other have fun! Therefore, it was very funny for me to read about how the Kanonen works,

Short update: there is not much left of Kanonen to be dismantled.

Bild00001.thumb.jpg.cf3bf7b2fae33ad4be16fb8eec6b9bc4.jpg

Almost a complete rollercoaster

Bild00002.thumb.jpg.db67604e2d56056ce4492db2985247d5.jpg

Not much left

We now have to wait for a park to announce that they will have a new attraction for next year.......

/// Marcus

Thanks everyone for the positive comments about my backstory of Kanonen Fun to hear that you found it interesting.

^^^^^ Så jatte cool to read about the life of an Intamin operator! Thanks for sharing!

And nice to hear the ride itself is sold, I'm sad to see it going outside of Europe, was hoping for a Danish park to buy it, but hey I got the credit Do you by any chance know how expensive this ride was to buy as a park?? And do you know if they'll make any further improvements on it?

I think that the new park will say how much they paid for it when they reveal the building-plans for the public. But when Liseberg built Kanonen in 2005, the price was 50 000 000 kronor, (ca €5 000 000) and that is around €6 000 000 in today's value.

I do not have any information about improvements, but I think the new park has to build some new supports. Kanonen was partly built on the roof of a house. So some supports are quite short, and some are quite long. Which means that it is impossible to build it just on a flat ground.

Thank you for the answer!

I think you're right about the supports, it might be almost impossible to re-use them in a new park. I still hope they will spend some money on the new generation Intamin trains, dunno if it's even possible with that kinda launch, but just a thought

I think you're right about the supports, it might be almost impossible to re-use them in a new park. I still hope they will spend some money on the new generation Intamin trains, dunno if it's even possible with that kinda launch, but just a thought

The current trains already have maverick-like restraints, so that'd be kinda unnecessary.

The current trains already have maverick-like restraints, so that'd be kinda unnecessary.

I have to agree that the trains should stay the same. They work really well and I had no head banging at all, even though it was far from smooth! If I was a park I would spend the extra money on theming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...