TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

Honestly with Tempesto, Mako, Cobra's Curse, InvadR, and now Electric Eel all coming to Sea World parks, you wouldn't think at first glance that Sea World is having financial issues. I mean those are five coasters that are either expensive or pretty heavily themed. I don't know the full extent of their financial issues or what was said about the conference, but if they continue the expansion of their parks at this rate, I'd be more than happy.

Maybe it's possible that they don't build and open a new section of the park all at once, but rather open a few small rides and shops starting in 2019 or 2020, then expand gradually until about 2023 or 2024. Again, I don't know too much about Sea World's financial state or the exact ins and outs of the theme park business, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Honestly with Tempesto, Mako, Cobra's Curse, InvadR, and now Electric Eel all coming to Sea World parks, you wouldn't think at first glance that Sea World is having financial issues. I mean those are five coasters that are either expensive or pretty heavily themed. I don't know the full extent of their financial issues or what was said about the conference, but if they continue the expansion of their parks at this rate, I'd be more than happy.

Maybe it's possible that they don't build and open a new section of the park all at once, but rather open a few small rides and shops starting in 2019 or 2020, then expand gradually until about 2023 or 2024. Again, I don't know too much about Sea World's financial state or the exact ins and outs of the theme park business, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Don't forget Wave Breaker!

Not counting the Sesame Street section, when was the last time they actually built a brand new area? Note: I'm not counting Ireland, as it was a remodel of the pre-existing Hastings area of England.

Honestly with Tempesto, Mako, Cobra's Curse, InvadR, and now Electric Eel all coming to Sea World parks, you wouldn't think at first glance that Sea World is having financial issues.

Depending on how far back Mako, Wave Breaker, and Electric Eel were planned, I'd say they were more the actions of a wounded dog or a sign of desperation to get people to return to the parks and surrender their paychecks.

Also we really need Spain with a Maverick style Intamin coaster.

This might be the best park/coaster related idea ever. An Intamin Blitz @ BGW?

I would die.

Probably highly unlikely. . . But it's fun to dream!!

I would die.

Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Are We to Disagree?

I would die.

Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Are We to Disagree?

Looking for some trip planning feedback.

I'll be doing a KD/BGW weekend trip in April/ early May. We bought our KD tickets with Fastlane back in the fall cause they were really cheap, so not worried about lines at KD. Both parks are ~10am-10pm on Saturday and then ~10am-8pm on Sunday. Right now I'm thinking Saturday BGW then Sunday KD. Does anyone have some insights for crowds around this time of year?

Thanks!

Aren't you locked in by when your KD fast pass is?

Anyway, I'd hit the non-fast pass park on the lighter day, which likely is Sunday.

The deal was a park ticket and fast lane plus combo for any day through August, so no.

As for the Saturday vs Sunday. BGW is the better overall park where I would want to spend more time aka drink beer till 10. However if crowds can be significantly different, then it tips the balance.

I don't know if this has been posted on here yet, but BGW has jumped on the bandwagon of offering a season long fast pass. They call it the Ultimate Thrills Quick Queue. However, it is by far the most expensive in the industry at $555, and it does not even include Hallowscream or Christmas Town. I honestly wonder how many of these they sell. You would have to use it about ten times to be more economical than just buying single day Quick Queue unlimited passes, and I honestly cannot see someone needing one that many times. Maybe if you can only come to the park during weekends and you come nearly every weekend in the summer this makes sense? However, I just read the fine print and it says pass members get a special rate by logging into the pass member website. So maybe the $555 is only the price if you have the fun card and it is a bit cheaper if you have the annual pass?

^Full price is $799, but right now on their website they are selling them for $499. Like with the season passes, I doubt they ever actually get to full price, there is always one sale or another. Plus Magic Mountain has a much longer operating season and theirs is good for FF and HITP.

^ Yeah, comparing full price of one to the sale price of another isn't exactly a fair comparison. But I don't think you're really trying to make a fair comparison here. Clearly you just want to be right, so sure. You're right. Busch Gardens has by far the most expensive pass that's 10% more than another park's sale price.

^ Yeah, comparing full price of one to the sale price of another isn't exactly a fair comparison. But I don't think you're really trying to make a fair comparison here. Clearly you just want to be right, so sure. You're right. Busch Gardens has by far the most expensive pass that's 10% more than another park's sale price.

We all know that Six Flags list price is bs. I guess if we are going by list price a Magic Mountain Gold Pass is $250 dollars also, but I doubt there is a single day of the year when that is the cheapest price a Gold Pass is being offered before the passes for the next year are already on sale which include the rest of the previous year. My point was only that the Busch Gardens season Quick Queue seems like a very poor deal for the consumer.

A new virtual reality simulator ride being added for 2018 in Ireland, replacing Europe in the air. I'm not big on virtual reality but I'm just glad they aren't putting VR on any coasters. Im curious to see what the storyline ends up being.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154588315073315&id=18543728314

Im just glad Europe in the Air will be gone.