TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

I'm excited it's finally going, but a little curious what they're going to put in its place. When they took out Perilous Plunge, i got my hopes up for a big coaster only to be disappointed. So I'm not expecting much. As for the rumors of a B&M hyper, will this even open up enough room? Boomerang occupied a very small footprint and I don't think they'd be able to fit a big coaster like that there unless they built it over everything like they did with Silver Bullet.

I see it most likely headed to the scrapyard. Relocating a 27-year-old Boomerang sounds like something that Six Flags would do, plus Matt Ouimet has said that he isn't a fan of ride relocations.

Say hello to your "new" ride of the decade MIA. Maybe in 2028 you will get a slightly better used ride.

'88 - Wolverine Wildcat '98 - Shivering Timbers '08 - Thunderhawk '18 - Boomerang

It makes all too much sense.

HaHa- In all seriousness I like to think more highly of Cedar Fair than to re-locate an old boomerang, especially since I thought I remembered hearing reports that the current execs do not like rotating rides. However, I would not be surprised in the least if it moved to a park like MIA, as realistically for them it is likely this or nothing.

I'm guessing sold to another park or scrapped---you can get a lot more bang for your buck now with smaller, cheaper, compact rides than re-locating a boomerang and dealing with continued maintenance costs.

As for the rumors of a B&M hyper, will this even open up enough room? Boomerang occupied a very small footprint and I don't think they'd be able to fit a big coaster like that there unless they built it over everything like they did with Silver Bullet.

Odds are that it will be built over everything and then people will complain that it's an eyesore. Can anyone tell me if Grona Lund has the same problem?

I'm surprised that it's getting removed so early in the season. But hey. It's not like I rode Boomerang often anyways. Hopefully something good goes in that spot for 2018.

^ Well, we don't really know when it's being removed. Just that it is closing early. It could be just to save operating costs through the season. Or, they could start removal the day after it closes. If that is the case, I think it would be safe to speculate a rather large addition coming.

Well this is intriguing...

I have to say, the timeline of this does allow for some wild speculation. You would think that the park would run it though the summer season if they could, so this does imply that they need to get a head start on a pretty large project. Also with this year being kind of a slow year for them in terms of in park capex, maybe that allowed them to structure things so that they could open 3 major new coasters in 2018? This is all wild speculation, but it's fun. You know they have something big planned.

Ps: My money's on Michigan's Adventure or Valleyfair.

That is great news, the removal of Boomerang. They have a nice sized plot of land to use extending past through Hammerhead's grave and can rework that entire side of the boardwalk area. Lot of great possibilities for 2018 and beyond.