Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 587 - Twisted Cyclone RMC Coaster for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:17 am

voyage_thrills wrote:
voyage_thrills wrote:Is anyone going not this weekend, but next weekend for opening day? I'm wondering about VR, the trains (and hopefully paint) on GA scorcher, Superman repaint and 3 trains?, and JLBFM. I'm really hoping that the "new" area around superman and JLBFM looks nice, too (but it's six flags, guys).

Acrophobia is getting the VR! YES! Not a coaster, But, unfortunately that means one of the best drop rides in the U.S. is basically gone because of all the long lines.

But it says Upcharge which should decrease the lines a little.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:13 am

I think that's kinda weird but better than them mucking up Mindbender or Goliath.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:39 am

That's the dumbest sh*t ever, but I'm glad it's not on Mindbender.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby deaconnor » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:42 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
voyage_thrills wrote:
voyage_thrills wrote:Is anyone going not this weekend, but next weekend for opening day? I'm wondering about VR, the trains (and hopefully paint) on GA scorcher, Superman repaint and 3 trains?, and JLBFM. I'm really hoping that the "new" area around superman and JLBFM looks nice, too (but it's six flags, guys).

Acrophobia is getting the VR! YES! Not a coaster, But, unfortunately that means one of the best drop rides in the U.S. is basically gone because of all the long lines.

But it says Upcharge which should decrease the lines a little.

Maybe I misread but I think the upcharge is in reference to the flashpass.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:49 am

I personally like VR and think it'll be very boring on Acrophobia but oh well.. I still feel blue hawk would be a good choice for it. But VR on a ride going up then down once I feel will be lame

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby deaconnor » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:15 am

Also I hope that doesn't mean the ride ops will stop singing because that's one of my favorite things about the park.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:29 am

I appreciate the fact that it seems the park purposely puts people who can't sing on that ride. Makes the experience that much more demented.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:30 am

North America’s First Drop Tower VR Ride

Launches for 50th Anniversary Season at Six Flags Over Georgia

Park Opens March 11 with Spider-Infested Virtual Reality Experience

AUSTELL, Ga. — March 3, 2017 — Six Flags Over Georgia, in partnership with Samsung Electronics
America, Inc., the “Official Technology Partner of Six Flags,” today announced an all-new virtual reality
experience, Drop of Doom VR. The country’s first-ever permanent drop tower VR attraction is a thrilling,
immersive encounter with giant, mutant spiders and makes its debut on March 11, as part of the park’s 50th
anniversary season.

“We continue to explore new opportunities utilizing Samsung Gear VR technology and this drop tower concept
is a great example of the ability to change content for different rides,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties Park
President Dale Kaetzel. “We look forward to having our guests experience Drop of Doom as we kick off the
beginning of a very special year, filled with new thrills, new reasons to visit and new memories to be made with
family and friends.”

Riders, using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus, will become the pilots of a futuristic gunship under attack
by mutant spiders. This intense, interactive adventure features:

- A high speed virtual vertical ascent up 100 stories, while teetering off the edge of a helicopter;
- A 360-degree rotating view high above massive city skyscrapers that are under siege by enormous
spiders;
- A high-intensity gun battle against a giant arachnid, spewing baby spiders that virtually crawl all over
the rider’s body;
- A thrilling virtual 100-story fiery plunge straight down between towering skyscrapers; and
- The final showdown with a spider the size of a van, teeth-gnashing and in full attack mode.
For a limited time only, guests can experience the Drop of Doom virtual reality attraction free with paid park
admission.

For Opening Weekend, Six Flags Over Georgia will honor the Big Game bet with its sister park, Six Flags New
England. As a result of the Atlanta Falcons’ loss, the park will rename its 240-foot tall swing ride, The Patriots
SkyScreamer and Park President Dale Kaetzel will ride the thrilling attraction, wearing a Patriots jersey. The
park will sell a limited amount of New England clam chowder to All Season Dining Plan guests.

Later this Spring, the high-action thrill ride JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis in 4D will make its debut.
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is an engaging, full-sensory action ride, with guests joining forces
with BATMAN™, SUPERMAN™, WONDER WOMAN™, THE FLASH™ and GREEN LANTERN™, using stun
blasters to defeat Lex Luthor™, The JOKER™ and his henchmen. Recently named by USA Today as one of
the 12 most anticipated theme park rides for 2017, construction on this state-of-the-art attraction and the allnew
Metropolis Park is nearly complete.

Six Flags Over Georgia is now open on weekends March 11 through May 14 and daily for Spring Break April 1
– 9. Summer daily operation begins on May 20. Season Passes and the All Season Dining Pass to Six Flags
Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water in Marietta, which provide unlimited visits and meals all season long,
are available online.
Drop of Doom VR Hi Res Image.jpg
Drop of Doom VR Logo Color.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:45 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:37 am

How did they not see such an awesome naming possibility with this VR Theme!?!?!?!

Acrophobia becomes Arachnophobia!!!!! It could have had a cute sign and everything.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:50 am

SharkTums wrote:How did they not see such an awesome naming possibility with this VR Theme!?!?!?!

Acrophobia becomes Arachnophobia!!!!! It could have had a cute sign and everything.

Definitely a missed opportunity.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!