TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Is anyone going not this weekend, but next weekend for opening day? I'm wondering about VR, the trains (and hopefully paint) on GA scorcher, Superman repaint and 3 trains?, and JLBFM. I'm really hoping that the "new" area around superman and JLBFM looks nice, too (but it's six flags, guys).

Is anyone going not this weekend, but next weekend for opening day? I'm wondering about VR, the trains (and hopefully paint) on GA scorcher, Superman repaint and 3 trains?, and JLBFM. I'm really hoping that the "new" area around superman and JLBFM looks nice, too (but it's six flags, guys).

Acrophobia is getting the VR! YES! Not a coaster, But, unfortunately that means one of the best drop rides in the U.S. is basically gone because of all the long lines.

Capture1234567.PNG.e8cb4025fac616c024215bb2d82d555b.PNG

This is from the Six Flags Website.

Acrophobia is getting the VR! YES! Not a coaster, But, unfortunately that means one of the best drop rides in the U.S. is basically gone because of all the long lines.

But it says Upcharge which should decrease the lines a little.

But it says Upcharge which should decrease the lines a little.

Maybe I misread but I think the upcharge is in reference to the flashpass.

I personally like VR and think it'll be very boring on Acrophobia but oh well.. I still feel blue hawk would be a good choice for it. But VR on a ride going up then down once I feel will be lame

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

North America’s First Drop Tower VR Ride

Launches for 50th Anniversary Season at Six Flags Over Georgia

Park Opens March 11 with Spider-Infested Virtual Reality Experience

AUSTELL, Ga. — March 3, 2017 — Six Flags Over Georgia, in partnership with Samsung Electronics

America, Inc., the “Official Technology Partner of Six Flags,” today announced an all-new virtual reality

experience, Drop of Doom VR. The country’s first-ever permanent drop tower VR attraction is a thrilling,

immersive encounter with giant, mutant spiders and makes its debut on March 11, as part of the park’s 50th

anniversary season.

“We continue to explore new opportunities utilizing Samsung Gear VR technology and this drop tower concept

is a great example of the ability to change content for different rides,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties Park

President Dale Kaetzel. “We look forward to having our guests experience Drop of Doom as we kick off the

beginning of a very special year, filled with new thrills, new reasons to visit and new memories to be made with

family and friends.”

Riders, using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus, will become the pilots of a futuristic gunship under attack

by mutant spiders. This intense, interactive adventure features:

- A high speed virtual vertical ascent up 100 stories, while teetering off the edge of a helicopter;

- A 360-degree rotating view high above massive city skyscrapers that are under siege by enormous

spiders;

- A high-intensity gun battle against a giant arachnid, spewing baby spiders that virtually crawl all over

the rider’s body;

- A thrilling virtual 100-story fiery plunge straight down between towering skyscrapers; and

- The final showdown with a spider the size of a van, teeth-gnashing and in full attack mode.

For a limited time only, guests can experience the Drop of Doom virtual reality attraction free with paid park

admission.

For Opening Weekend, Six Flags Over Georgia will honor the Big Game bet with its sister park, Six Flags New

England. As a result of the Atlanta Falcons’ loss, the park will rename its 240-foot tall swing ride, The Patriots

SkyScreamer and Park President Dale Kaetzel will ride the thrilling attraction, wearing a Patriots jersey. The

park will sell a limited amount of New England clam chowder to All Season Dining Plan guests.

Later this Spring, the high-action thrill ride JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis in 4D will make its debut.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is an engaging, full-sensory action ride, with guests joining forces

with BATMAN™, SUPERMAN™, WONDER WOMAN™, THE FLASH™ and GREEN LANTERN™, using stun

blasters to defeat Lex Luthor™, The JOKER™ and his henchmen. Recently named by USA Today as one of

the 12 most anticipated theme park rides for 2017, construction on this state-of-the-art attraction and the allnew

Metropolis Park is nearly complete.

Six Flags Over Georgia is now open on weekends March 11 through May 14 and daily for Spring Break April 1

– 9. Summer daily operation begins on May 20. Season Passes and the All Season Dining Pass to Six Flags

Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water in Marietta, which provide unlimited visits and meals all season long,

are available online.

1742181999_DropofDoomVRHiResImage.thumb.jpg.fed7572c5bba1dc234ff133cfc1d91ce.jpg

1212184126_DropofDoomVRLogoColor.thumb.jpg.479c13babe02a28ca0bb152ccb84e9a7.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

How did they not see such an awesome naming possibility with this VR Theme!?!?!?!

Acrophobia becomes Arachnophobia!!!!! It could have had a cute sign and everything.

Definitely a missed opportunity.

I made a big spider pit in RCT3 once. There was a cool coaster going through it that dove under one for the main drop and then between two as it exited a top hat. I made my sister watch the POV. She left the room after the first one.

So many people hate spiders. I think this particular VR will flop hard.

^ & ^^ It's cute that you guys think a good portion of America would know what those two words even mean!

From my experience at SFOG, most people already call it Arachnophobia even with all the signs saying Acrophobia and the actual definition posted on the wall throughout the queue. It is a more than obvious great idea for this VR though. Oh well.

How did they not see such an awesome naming possibility with this VR Theme!?!?!?!

Acrophobia becomes Arachnophobia!!!!! It could have had a cute sign and everything.

Disney probably has the name locked up as a theme park ride. I thought John Goodman was very entertaining in the movie. But I may have been inebriated when I saw it.

Disney probably has the name locked up as a theme park ride. I thought John Goodman was very entertaining in the movie. But I may have been inebriated when I saw it.

They could always just put it in an open outdoor space that's teeming with people and call it Agoraphobia.

Wait..