TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

I see this coaster and think of the ride Chance built for Wildlife World Zoo in Arizona last year:

Screamscape has shared pics of work going on inside the dome, where RIm Runner's reservoir used to be...I think we may be seeing what will fill that space.

Looks like a perfect addition to the park. I visited the park for the first time last November, and while El Loco and Canyon Blaster were great, the park really lacks a solid family coaster. They really are tight on space though, so it'll be interesting to see where they shoehorn this thing in.

I see this coaster and think of the ride Chance built for Wildlife World Zoo in Arizona last year:

I'm kind of confused on how the sideways drive wheels can be on a curve?

It's on several portable Schwarzkopf looping coasters as well. It has always intrigued me too, but obviously it works.

The lift hill from the former Rim Runner(boat ride) will be re-purposed into the lift hill for this new mine train coaster. It will be compact, and it will interact with the Canyon Blaster as well.

Based on the layout this seems entirely possible! It'd be great to see an attraction at the park that took advantage of the remaining theming from when the park first opened. The park was really beautiful when it first opened.

While a new coaster is fantastic, I hope they don't remove any current flat rides they have at the moment (chaos, inverter) as they are rare flats and provide a nice alternative to the 2 coasters. It would be fantastic if they use the log flume lift hill as the lift hill to the new chance mine train.

It's on several portable Schwarzkopf looping coasters as well. It has always intrigued me too, but obviously it works.

Offtopic but i found this on a schwarzkopf memory website:

drivewheel.jpg.27a167a6b38e4961fa6a91aaaebbb6a0.jpg

Assumably those tendons flex all the time when the ride goes through curves as well?

I wonder if chance uses the exact same system

Assumably those tendons flex all the time when the ride goes through curves as well?

I don't think so, this is the tires which bend them. During the course, they are only stretched between there two anchor points and thus have no reason to move (maybe they wiggle, tho, I don't know how tense it is).

As for the Chance one, it seems that the outer tire is spring-loaded and can move.

He doesn't mention it, but Brian from IOE did a cool video where you can see the hardware up close.

I don't think so, this is the tires which bend them. During the course, they are only stretched between there two anchor points and thus have no reason to move (maybe they wiggle, tho, I don't know how tense it is).

As for the Chance one, it seems that the outer tire is spring-loaded and can move.

He doesn't mention it, but Brian from IOE did a cool video where you can see the hardware up close.

Having worked on a Chance Big Dipper (which is the same train/propulsion system as the Arizona coaster) the whole wheel assembly is on a pivot and the smaller wheel has a spring clamp so it can freely move. I was always fascinated by the fact that the Big Dipper models have a curved lift.

It also kind of terrifies me that the Arizon coaster uses the same train and restraint system as a Big Dipper.

The lift hill from the former Rim Runner(boat ride) will be re-purposed into the lift hill for this new mine train coaster. It will be compact, and it will interact with the Canyon Blaster as well.

I really hope this is the case. Personally I would want something more thrilling, but for the Adventuredome market, a family coaster makes a lot of sense. I hadn't been to the Dome in years, but the opening of El Loco got me out there and now I've been 3-4 times in the last two years. If you go mid-week in the offseason, you pretty much have the whole place to yourself.

Well this is certainly surprising! I always figured AD would someday get a "mid-size" coaster, but not after El Loco took up what was left of the park's vertical space.

Its quite amazing how they fit everything in there, isn't it?

Also I just wanted to take the timeout to say how incredibly close the drop tower (which is great btw) comes to the roof.

Well this is certainly surprising! I always figured AD would someday get a "mid-size" coaster, but not after El Loco took up what was left of the park's vertical space.

Its quite amazing how they fit everything in there, isn't it?

Also I just wanted to take the timeout to say how incredibly close the drop tower (which is great btw) comes to the roof.

It's pretty crazy. You don't realize how close it is until you actually ride it. It's a brutal little tower though... ouch.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I've only been to Adventuredome twice, and the last time was in 2004, I'm still kinda bummed that Rim Runner is closed. When I was 13 or 14 my friend and I spent a whole day and most of the night at Adventuredome when our parents dropped us off there to go gambling (A+ parenting!). After a few hours we had done pretty much all there was to do but there was still several hours left until our parents were to pick us up, so I remember us doing laps on Rim Runner for hours only for the purpose of making stupid faces at the on-ride camera, then running up to get a look and laugh at the pictures (and not buying them obviously) and then going back and doing it again. Fun times.

After a few hours we had done pretty much all there was to do but there was still several hours left until our parents were to pick us up, so I remember us doing laps on Rim Runner for hours only for the purpose of making stupid faces at the on-ride camera, then running up to get a look and laugh at the pictures (and not buying them obviously) and then going back and doing it again. Fun times.

I remember doing this same thing on at least a couple trips to Adventuredome! We'd also do our best to get everyone in the boats to have their hands up for as much of the ride as possible.

Per Chance Rides' Facebook page...

16819460_1763054357053383_3291827878437347085_o.jpg?oh=f161e585795a53427f52a868d2e8318b&oe=592F7B24

Think this is the coaster we've been speculating over?

Saw this post and figured I'd check out the fb page and that's where I saw this "review"....

Winston Spangler

· 15 July 2016

America is a toxic, soulless, disconnected, venomous, hateful, paranoid, fake, plastic, and completely inauthentic culture. So disconnected and paranoid in fact that God Himself could never pair a single rider up with someone to go on the Zipper or any carnival ride in many areas of America! Especially if the single rider is a grown man, as America itself is an intensely man hating culture.

And Chance Rides Inc is participating in America's war on single people with their cruel and rampant "No Single Riders" tyranny. I'm even sure Chance Rides is likely even arming all Zipper operators with automatic assault rifles and ordering them to shoot to kill any single riders who try to get in line. Next is 24-hour nationwide military enforced curfews affecting all single persons every time there's a carnival. And even the presence of a single/unaccompanied person outdoors during any one of those curfews immediately attracting the attention of a military air strike.

Singles, it's time to FLEE America IMMEDIATELY! American carnivals have become absolutely restricted under Federal law and under full Martial law and forbidden to all single and unaccompanied persons. Singles especially better flee from all American carnivals if they don't want to be staring straight down the barrel of even multiple loaded M-16 assault rifles and/or bazookas held by bloodthirsty military soldiers. Additionally, America as a whole has begun it's final leg towards a full military dictatorship. And predictions are, America will become just as bad as, if not worse than, North Korea by 2025. And my guess is also; Chance Rides is even already pushing to make it a capital felony under Federal law, punishable by at least 120 or more years to life in Federal prison/solitary confinement and/or public execution, for a single/unaccompanied person to leave his residence for any reason except for school and/or work.

Update; And Chance Rides, Inc has now blocked me! This can only mean one thing; Chance Rides Inc employees will BLAST a single rider to smithereens with heavy M-16 and RPG fire and then order an immediate full nationwide military lockdown and Martial law before even THINKING of letting the single rider on the Zipper or any of their rides and/or having all carnivals put a marked "waiting bench" near their "No Single Riders" rides for single riders who need a partner. And by the way, Chance Rides DESERVES to have it's ride designs, including the Zipper, pirated by other manufacturers! And if this review gets deleted, it will be a sure sign that full scale nationwide if not worldwide Blitzkrieg Guerrilla warfare against single people is right around the corner. Perpetrated by Chance Rides, Inc

Thanks for sharing that! Gave us a good laugh. You know, I've been on a few "no single riders" rides by myself, by asking politely and waiting patiently for a group that doesn't mind my going with them. These are my patented three easy rules for effective single riding:

1) Make sure you do not emit any objectionable odours. Showers generally nullify such odours effectively.

2) Avoid ranting if at all possible, especially rants involving weaponry and/or military personnel.

3) Just f*cking do what the operators tell you, not more and not less.