TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Here are a few photos of the park today:

Train track almost ready

Monte painting

Sky Cabin is getting worked on and will hopefully re-open soon. Benches were leaning against the fence for repairs. Part of rear wall of cabin was removed so you can see through cabin. Cabin wa raised later in day but didn't take a photo.

Cement truck putting up water slide supports and track waiting for installation

Locked in an OTSR and waiting for the Revolution

IMG_20170216_123649.thumb.jpg.64ca69a8511b865a37fd23abbc8eec36.jpg

Rear wall of Sky Cabin removed

IMG_20170216_123724.thumb.jpg.2d5ed1b9ad4e61a834c3c3954719c592.jpg

Sky Cabin

IMG_20170216_123840.thumb.jpg.5833f7146825b5bd95a6930eb62bb300.jpg

Benches against the fence

IMG_20170216_131644.thumb.jpg.91be556c20e1a0c0bb31dcb8c301e0cf.jpg

Train track and station

IMG_20170216_131659.thumb.jpg.d899cec40918b58b66211cd755de1c0a.jpg

Train track and station

IMG_20170216_135957.thumb.jpg.a11ed481ad9b829ff1b14b9b58d3dccb.jpg

Locked up and Revolution is coming

IMG_20170216_140920.thumb.jpg.a17e800f6762900a7d74d9496975bc4c.jpg

Monte quite orangish

IMG_20170216_141010.thumb.jpg.a0224de59ef8279a45b21988bf745ced.jpg

Monte quite orangish

IMG_20170216_142931.thumb.jpg.85f867c87df9cd19ae1c7fc51c5eaf22.jpg

Stanton Ave water park construction entrance

IMG_20170216_142945.thumb.jpg.88711dd7c4fb27ea3e87181bc38e3269.jpg

Stanton Ave water park construction entrance

IMG_20170216_142956.thumb.jpg.783df146185a86de2eb3bcd2126944bb.jpg

Cement trucks building slide towers

^^ I completely forgot about the water park expansion until your photo update!

I'm really curious about this sky cabin situation. Windseeker was ultimately removed for a very similar situation, and it was much newer than the sky tower. I hope it remains, but we will know soon enough I guess.

I hate the new paint on Zoom. But also, please riddle me this...

Why are there FOUR yellow/orange/red coasters literally right next to each other? Plus Coast Rider and Pony, that brings the total to 6 out of 9 painted coasters (GR not included) that have the same color palette. Is orange paint just really cheap or something?

Edited by CedarFlags

I hate the new paint on Zoom. But also, please riddle me this...

Why are there FOUR yellow/orange/red coasters literally right next to each other? Plus Coast Rider and Pony, that brings the total to 6 out of 9 painted coasters (GR not included) that have the same color palette. Is orange paint just really cheap or something?

I totally get how you feel. But then I sat and thought about it, and maybe they are doing it for consistency? Maybe the Monte/Jaguar/Sierra Sidewinder blob will look a little better with consistent colors as opposed to three different colors? I don't know... it's just a thought.

Let's be real: when they paint Xcelerator's track at some point or another, it will probably be orange. Maybe they can get some Home Depot ads or something.

In my perfect world, I'd say...

1. restore jaguar's track back to dark red and keep the tan supports

2. Restore Zoom back to yellow

3. Repaint Sidewinder to Camp Snoopy colors. Forrest green track with tan supports

4. Leave Bullet as is

5. Repaint Boomerang Invisible/ To look like a B&M Giga

Fixed

In my perfect world, I'd say...

1. restore jaguar's track back to dark red and keep the tan supports

2. Restore Zoom back to yellow

3. Repaint Sidewinder to Camp Snoopy colors. Forrest green track with tan supports

4. Leave Bullet as is

5. Repaint Boomerang Invisible/ To look like a B&M Giga

Fixed

I went to KBF on Monday and I was able to snap an updated pic of Montezooma's Revenge.

I personally think that MR looks amazing by itself, as the orange shade they picked is really pretty and the paint makes MR look new and fresh. However, with all of the other red/orange rides next to MR, it looks kinda weird.

Also sorry for the kinda low quality of this pic- I went with some friends who don't get the chance to visit KBF often, so I didn't want to drag them around so that I could take some pictures.

IMG_20170220_110422030_HDR.thumb.jpg.fb3db2a1a817f32559eef6d565809dc2.jpg

Edited by Lameformer

My dream is Silver Bullet to be repainted.... Silver. It would look so much more subtle than that obnoxious orange.

Aside from it's obnoxious all-red lift hill, I absolutely love Silver Bullet's color scheme. I can think of 5 other coasters in the park I'd rather see painted a different color before Silver Bullet.

So now that Monte is about finished, that means every coaster in the park has been re-painted in the last 5 years... except Xcelerator. Is there an actual reason they are keeping it that super faded pink? I don't buy the "it's too difficult to paint" reason, considering Cedar Point was able to repaint Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster.

So now that Monte is about finished, that means every coaster in the park has been re-painted in the last 5 years... except Xcelerator. Is there an actual reason they are keeping it that super faded pink? I don't buy the "it's too difficult to paint" reason, considering Cedar Point was able to repaint Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster.

This had me thinking...

If they were to repaint Xcelerator, how would they be able to paint the Top Hat? There's probably a way but the fact that it doesn't have a catwalk on top (or whatever it's called that Kingda Ka and TTD have) makes it seem very difficult.

This had me thinking...

If they were to repaint Xcelerator, how would they be able to paint the Top Hat? There's probably a way but the fact that it doesn't have a catwalk on top (or whatever it's called that Kingda Ka and TTD have) makes it seem very difficult.

This is just me thinking out loud, but I'm sure they could put a crane in that small backstage area or, if they needed to, close off part of the road behind it for a large crane. It probably is more difficult than most coasters, but I wouldn't label it as impossible. I guess the day Xcelerator gets re-painted is also the day Tatsu gets re-painted