TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

That price almost seems to good to be true for a 2 hour open bar on Disney property, heck a desert party during the fireworks at Epcot is $50 without an open bar hahaha. Don't remember where I read it but I recently read somewhere that STK maybe wasn't exactly performing as well as management was expecting and that there was a rumors of reevaluating their approach. Maybe there was some truth to that.

I'm sure you guys know by now that we love... LOVE Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs! Seriously one of the best restaurants on WDW property if not all of Orlando. We cannot recommend it enough and if you're doing a proper WDW trip it's not complete without a meal at Morimoto. We got to try out their new "Weekend Dim Sum Brunch" which is being offered Sat/Sun mornings. You can find out more on their website here: https://www.patinagroup.com/morimoto-asia

And now for some photos...

CwBt9nqXYAErjfY.jpg

CwBt9ntWYAAOlIR.jpg

CwBt9ntWgAA8Ki1.jpg

Today we are at one of our favorite restaurants in Orlando! Morimoto Asia! Trying their new Dim Sum Brunch!

IMG_5353.thumb.JPG.0ecfbf06196827fc4402180bb22754c6.JPG

CwB01vMWYAAYCF6.jpg

CwB01ubWcAUInxt.jpg

CwB01u-W8AULDgX.jpg

Starting our DimSum brunch with Hot & Sour Soup, some wonderful Pork Ribs, Chashu Pork, and a "kid-friendly" non-alcoholic Lychee Lemonade!

CwB4WpiWYAEXGhG.jpg

CwB4WpkXgAUq589.jpg

Who's ready for a round of dumplings at Morimoto Asia?

CwCBht2XgAEDnW3.jpg

WOW! The "Morimoto Chow Fun Noodles" are *fantastic!* Spicy, flavorful! Soooo good!

CwCEc7iWYAA-3Cu.jpg

Ok this right here... New on their fall drinks menu... Autumn Pumpkin Martini... Bailey's, Vodka, Pumpkin Spice, Graham Cracker rim. WOW!!!

IMG_5394.thumb.JPG.3088c9f33777c7280357ac5602667778.JPG

We cap things off with a little bit of dessert! Azuki filled fritters! Yum!

IMG_5350.thumb.JPG.f1073cebd3eec61173406f6dab47ff53.JPG

Here is the line-up of their fall drinks menu...

IMG_5396.thumb.JPG.5142bbfeb1542afc3b4e45d6d0ecdb63.JPG

Which one do you want?

(correct answer: all three!)

IMG_5374.thumb.JPG.74138636a2a91c808b8e61412d25a708.JPG

We drink to you Morimoto Asia! You're amazing food and fantastic view of Disney Springs!

Edited by robbalvey

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/first-look-a-new-holiday-experience-coming-to-disney-springs/

This holiday season, the idea of “wishing upon a star” will take on an even more magical meaning in the skies of Disney Springs.

Here’s your first look:

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information about this and other holiday offerings at Walt Disney World Resort.

stars.JPG.9cc66a250e8f38f4a24e032b73db45ef.JPG

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 2 weeks later...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/magicband-2-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

mbtwo389795711.thumb.jpg.27d79f1c812d6986c9ea24d82de2e595.jpg

A new MagicBand is coming to the Walt Disney World Resort as part of our continuing push to innovate and personalize our guest’s vacation experience. MagicBand 2 was just unveiled minutes ago by Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek during a D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentation – and we have a first look at the new technology.

As you can see, MagicBand 2 will feature a new design for the band itself. While the design helps make MagicBand 2 more versatile and customizable it’ll still work like the current MagicBand. You will be able to link My Disney Experience to your MagicBand 2, which can serve as a theme park ticket, access to FastPass+ selections, Disney PhotoPass card as well as a room key for Disney Resort guests.

MagicBand 2 will make its resort-wide debut soon. Be sure to keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for future updates.

ddmb3488767.jpeg.d3ed81ea54f975cab2a828bbe192fd06.jpeg

Morimoto Asia and Homecoming Florida Kitchen are hosting a unique event early next month that will bring together their two celebrity chefs for a dining experience encompassing both delicious venues!

SAKE & SHINE UNDER THE STARS AT MORIMOTO ASIA AND CHEF ART SMITH’S HOMECOMING FLORIDA KITCHEN

Exclusive and intimate event featuring Celebrity Chefs Masaharu Morimoto and Art Smith

WHAT:Guests will be able to experience a one-of-a-kind progressive dinner featuring Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto and Chef Art Smith at their restaurants Morimoto Asia and Homecoming Florida Kitchen, inside the newly reimagined Disney Springs. The evening begins with a three-course Pan-Asian feast complete with sake and beer pairings on the second-story Forbidden Lounge balcony at Morimoto Asia. Following dinner, guests will walk across the promenade to Homecoming Florida Kitchen to indulge in a variety of dessert options including a build-your-own-Florida-strawberry shortcake bar plus slices of Chef Smith’s signature Hummingbird and Shine cakes. Also. there will be a variety of moonshine-based cocktails. Both Chefs Morimoto and Smith will be there throughout the evening overseeing the meal and available for photos and autographs.

WHEN:Saturday, December 3rd (dinner begins promptly at 7:30pm)

WHERE:Morimoto Asia and Homecoming Florida Kitchen at Disney Springs

RSVP: Guests can purchase advance tickets by visiting http://bit.ly/2flf5eg

COST: $225 per guest (price is all-inclusive and covers tax and gratuity). Ages 21 and up

548843067_SakeandShine.png.ba5d757ffb7cbd3c72283a0d57dc0b58.png

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/new-amenities-coming-soon-to-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

Those who’ve visited Disney’s Wilderness Lodge recently may have noticed that the Disney Vacation Club accommodations formerly known as The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge have assumed a new name – Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. This new name more accurately reflects the railroad theming of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and complements the storyline of the resort.

But that’s not all that’s changing at the resort. A sweeping re-imagination of the former Hidden Springs Pool area will help tell the richly layered backstory of Boulder Ridge. Depicted in the artist rendering below and scheduled to open in summer 2017, Boulder Ridge Cove will feature an expanded sun deck and zero-depth-entry pool in what appears to have been an abandoned rock quarry.

New Amenities Coming Soon to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Such rejuvenating transformations were common in the Pacific Northwest following the mid-20th-century fading of the Transcontinental Railroad, as locals turned rails into trails – repurposing everything from bridges and tunnels to cranes and quarries. A nearby “Boulder Ridge Railway and Mining Co.” water tower will be among the pool area’s landmark reminders of its pioneering past, while a vintage mine cart supports the mining theme with an affectionate nod to Disney history.

Beyond the new pool space, scheduled enhancements to the resort are “chugging along” and include a brand-new bar & grill, in addition to a quick-service restaurant. Geyser Point Bar & Grill will be located in the heart of the feature pool area of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, where Members and guests can grab a bite to eat as they lounge by the resort’s main pool. The rendering for this area highlights ample outdoor seating and architecture that looks right at home with that of the existing Lodge, as well as Boulder Ridge Villas.

Watch the Disney Parks Blog for future announcements about exciting changes and enhancements coming to these Disney Vacation Club Resorts!

djknfg9099090.jpg.e89824b45e9e502afdf3a91124dfd9c1.jpg

vkd888.thumb.jpg.1bcb6821ca3d5fc7e8eefcf78dcb033d.jpg

• 1 month later...

We are booked there for the first week of April.

Got a question....

Does the coke store in Disney springs sell bottles or cans of Beverly to take home? I know you can sample it, but not sure if they also sell it packaged. I have some family members back home that want to try it.

^^ Yet another reason for me to not stay onsite. The Holiday Inns on I-Drive are much cheaper and I always rent a car anyway.

Usually stay at the Marriott Grand Vista. Beautiful resort.

I would have to agree with you on Grande Vista. Stayed there each of the last three years during the same timeframe (late February-early March). Very nice resort! They have "suites" which are actually two units attached to each other that are perfect for families. It's also in a very good location (just south of Sea World and within 10 miles of Disney and Universal; also within reasonable distance of shopping and tourist traps).

Back somewhat on topic, while in Orlando last year we stopped at Disney Springs to eat and I could tell how much work had gone into changing it from Downtown Disney, especially in the middle section on what used to be Pleasure Island.

Does the coke store in Disney springs sell bottles or cans of Beverly to take home? I know you can sample it, but not sure if they also sell it packaged. I have some family members back home that want to try it.

Unfortunately not. I seem to be the only person in the world who likes the stuff- I've tried my best to find it with no luck. They'll serve you a large one (they didn't even charge me, they felt bad that I wanted to drink it ) but no bottles or cans.

Well, the news that everyone expected is here.

DisneyQuest’s last day of operation at Walt Disney World will be July 2.

The five-story center with video and virtual games at Disney Springs was originally supposed to close last year but was given a temporary reprieve.

The NBA Experience, which will include high-tech experiences, a restaurant and a store, will be going in its place.

DisneyQuest's attractions include CyberSpace Mountain, a design-your-own-roller-coaster motion-simulator ride, and Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam, a life-size game in which players stand on a joystick that controls cartoon characters on a screen. DisneyQuest has more-traditional video games too.

Source

To me, Disney Quest sounds like what JOYPOLIS is, over in Japan.

A series of VR experiences and/or simulators that are under one roof.

Joypolis does have a coaster of course, so that's a bonus.

^It's like a 1992 US Version of Joypolis.

Honestly, most of it is pretty dated at this point. Some of the more unique attractions were taken out many years ago (slide, remote control cars, etc.)

^^Is it worth adding on $45 when you're already here? Maybe as it's going away forever. But I wouldn't make a separate trip just for Disney Quest.

Unfortunately not. I seem to be the only person in the world who likes the stuff- I've tried my best to find it with no luck. They'll serve you a large one (they didn't even charge me, they felt bad that I wanted to drink it ) but no bottles or cans.

Thank's for the info.

Aww... for as dated up the ass as DisneyQuest is, when I went there last year with my family I really ended up enjoying it. Considering the recent boom in popularity for Virtual Reality and its related experiences, it's a shame they never did anything to improve that place.

I'll miss it, and I hope all the arcade machines and such find wonderful new homes.

What I think is funny is how ahead of its time it really was given how VR is the big thing now.

It was a neat thing to do once or twice in my visits to WDW over the years, but it's so dated now...I don't even think they bothered to add/change anything since Cyber Space Mountain?

VirtualBoy was just bad. The attractions at Disney Quest were definitely groundbreaking for their time---and now serve as a history lesson as to what video game graphics used to look like.

I'll miss the bumper cars! The slide was awesome too, though long since removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Morimoto Asia and Wine Bar George are teaming up to bring a special one night only collaboration wine dinner!

The team at Morimoto Asia would like to officially welcome the soon-to-open Wine Bar George to the Disney Springs neighborhood with a special collaboration wine dinner. The menu, created by Executive Chef Yuhi Fujinaga, will showcase a selection of modern Pan-Asian dishes. Master Sommelier George Miliotes will pair each course with wines that will be served at the wine bar when it opens later this year[RC1] in Disney Springs. The dinner is priced at $150 per guest (excluding tax and gratuity) and will feature the following:

1st Course:

Bluefin Toro Tartare, soy caviar, Jamon Iberico Crisps

Dom Ruinart Rosé Champagne, France

2nd Course:

‘Bag of Pho’ local lionfish, Hudson Valley Foie Gras dashi, mitsuba, rice noodles

Raats Original Chenin Blanc, Stellenbosch-South Africa

3rd Course:

Slow Roasted Crispy Baby Pig, Chinese black bean trotter jus, hot spring Jidori egg

Selbach-Oster Riesling Feinherb, Mosel-Germany

Dessert Course:

Green Tea Panna Cotta

Broadbent Colheita Madeira, Portugal

WHEN: Tuesday, February 28th (dinner begins promptly at 7:30pm)

WHERE: Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs, 1600 Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830

RSVP: Seating is limited. Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance b visiting: https://store.patinagroup.com/store/?id=475

COST:$150 per guest (excluding tax and gratuity). Guests must be 21 years or older.

About Morimoto Asia

Located in the heart of Disney Springs in a neighborhood called The Landing, Morimoto Asia is the first-ever collaboration between Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto and Patina Restaurant Group, a bicoastal leader in the premium segment of the hospitality industry. Fronted by a dramatic, three-story glass entryway, Morimoto Asia is an eye-filling showplace of dining spaces, open terraces, an intimate 14-seat sushi bar, Forbidden Lounge cocktail and late-night dining hotspot and an exhibition kitchen that allows diners a glimpse of the culinary action. Follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @MorimotoAsia. Phone: (407) 939-MOTO.

About Wine Bar George

Master Sommelier George Miliotes will bring his renowned wine expertise to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort when his new venture, Wine Bar George, opens in fall 2017. Wine Bar George will be the only Master Sommelier-led wine bar in Florida. Scheduled to open next fall in The Landing at Disney Springs, Wine Bar George will bring Miliotes’ expertise and worldwide travels to the heart of Central Florida. Follow George on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @WineBarGeorge, and visit WineBarGeorge.com for more information.

unnamed-2.jpg.8e1b06bf159643b2fa5301b9a006e1a8.jpg

It looks as if the Walt Disney World Resort is planning to radically expand its own non-traditional transportation network by linking major resort destinations across large distances via a gondola-based transportation system. Based on the permits submitted thus far, it appears as though transit stations will be built throughout property with the plans supporting stops at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, Epcot's International Gateway and Disney's Hollywood Studios. These early permits indicate the potential for future expansion and tie closely with recent infrastructure development across property.

The Walt Disney World Resort has been actively investing in the development of enhancements to its existing transportation systems including the addition of bus tracking technology that advises waiting guests of when their shuttle will arrive, the automation of the Walt Disney World Monorail controls and the introduction of designated bus lanes alongside Disney Springs. The introduction of high volume gondolas would seem to enable the introduction of a new, high-capacity, high efficiency solution that is capable of being expanded far more cost effectively than the popular monorail that opened with the Walt Disney World Resort in 1971 and expanded with the opening of the EPCOT Center line in 1982.

IMG_6361.thumb.JPG.383fdf229ee990ad3534ca67f354651c.JPG