TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^ More than likely, it's not finished, yet.

I assumed that, I was just surprised/curious that it was visible to the whole park. Seems like a situation where they'd want to put the scrim back up right away.

On another note, the park was slammed on Saturday. There were so many people in line for Indy fastpasses that CMs were outside just handing people passes, no need to give them your ticket.

I will say that the 50th anniversary fireworks that they brought back were absolutely PHENOMENAL, especially with them utilizing the Diamond Celebration projectors to put the rides on the castle. I'd probably rank the show better than Disneyland Forever since they have the projection now that they didn't have a decade ago. If you're at the park, it's a cant-miss.

^ Disney may have decided that 'showing off' a bit of what's going on up there, is helpful to some of the public,

who I guess want to see "something" of the ongoing progress, etc.

Or like you said, a tarp/scrim just fell off, heh.

Very nice progress. Those "balancing rocks" still get me.

Should be fun to see from the train, on it's route.

And I think it's great that Disney is putting some of the "Nature's Mine Train"

into the new railroad route itself. Awesome touch!

mine-train-through-natures-wonderland.jpg.6fd7e6392c46592d4af6fd7067ba2abf.jpg

Retro Disneyland: The "balancing rocks" in the Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland attraction.

Going to the park for a 3-day weekend the first weekend in March. We didn't think it'd be too crowded, but we've heard that Pirates and Matterhorn will be closed, which may make other lines longer. Two questions: One, how crowded do you think the park will be?

And two, we have reservations at the Blue Bayou, but Pirates will be closed for refurbishments. Is it still worth going, and can you still see into the ride with it closed for refurbishments?

Going to the park for a 3-day weekend the first weekend in March. We didn't think it'd be too crowded, but we've heard that Pirates and Matterhorn will be closed, which may make other lines longer. Two questions: One, how crowded do you think the park will be?

And two, we have reservations at the Blue Bayou, but Pirates will be closed for refurbishments. Is it still worth going, and can you still see into the ride with it closed for refurbishments?

The first weekend in March isn't typically too bad for crowds. You are correct about Pirates being closed for refurb along with Matterhorn. From the restaurant, you can see the preload queue, the boat launch, and the swamp area. After that, the rest of the ride drops below your view. I'd say it's still worth going, and you still have a lot of rides to choose from. Are you visiting DCA as well?

The first weekend in March isn't typically too bad for crowds. You are correct about Pirates being closed for refurb along with Matterhorn. From the restaurant, you can see the preload queue, the boat launch, and the swamp area. After that, the rest of the ride drops below your view. I'd say it's still worth going, and you still have a lot of rides to choose from. Are you visiting DCA as well?

Yes you are correct. Pirates should be reopening on March 16th as it will celebrate its 50th anniversary, Matterhorn is closed on weekdays at the moment but is open on the weekends. This comes directly from a cast member at the resort. Have a great weekend.

Yes you are correct. Pirates should be reopening on March 16th as it will celebrate its 50th anniversary, Matterhorn is closed on weekdays at the moment but is open on the weekends. This comes directly from a cast member at the resort. Have a great weekend.

As stuff goes around here at TPR, I'd trust the Disneyland calendar for refurbishment info vs. the dippin dots guy As it currently stands, the refurb list for the weekend of your trip looks like the following:

Mark Twain Riverboat Closed for Refurbishment

Pirates of the Caribbean Closed for Refurbishment

Sailing Ship Columbia Closed for Refurbishment

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Closed for Refurbishment

Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island Closed for Refurbishment

Fantasmic! Closed for Refurbishment

Disneyland Railroad Closed for Refurbishment

Matterhorn Bobsleds Closed for Refurbishment

Pioneer Mercantile Closed for Refurbishment

Mlle. Antoinette's Parfumerie Closed for Refurbishment

Yes, I will be visiting DCA as well. I'll probably be spending most of my time at Disneyland, however, especially with no Tower of Terror. I'm looking forward to seeing the Star Wars Land construction!

I am not sure they put any view blocking scrims in Blue Bayou, I would guess not as the view from the restaurant more or less shows the boarding area and not much else. It might be even more pleasant actually without the noise from the ride operating. I would call and ask just to make sure the view is still not blocked, and if not, ask for table near the water. My favorite in park restaurant is Carthay Circle at DCA. Also, if you are going with Blue Bayou, you could do the MSEP dining package, which gives you a reserved area for the parade.

I think you catch a window right before the Food & Wine starts, and AP days is over (?) by that point. Without those two rides, it indeed does impact the rest of the park. I would say get there at opening, maximize the FP program, and it will be a good time.

^ It would be something, with all their tech knowledge with lighting and such, for Disney to put a curved scrim around,

from the loading dock to past the old settler's cabin, above the waterway, and do an indoor light show for the diners.

Like a series of fireworks, or thunder and lightning over the bayou, or a moon overhead with fireflies dancing in a kind

of dance in "the dark sky."

That would be cool dining to me.

Atmosphere-7-Blue-Bayou.jpg.2fcd4833e2e59f259d76edc73b549d79.jpg

On second thought, with this dining view already, they could do a "light show" with what's already seen.

That would be very cool to see them enhance the view and ambience. Would be great for both the restaurant and the ride. Once we sat near the front of the entrance, so our view ( as pictured above) was not that unfortunately. It is nice when you can score one of those tables to take in the view of the cabin without looking over other guests.