Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Ape » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:56 am

78 and sunny for Saturday, coming from a high of 29 when I leave for there this might make me feel like I a melting. Can't wait to see my kids reaction when we get there.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:52 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/happily-ever-after-nighttime-spectacular-will-debut-at-magic-kingdom-park-may-12/

“Happily Ever After,” a new nighttime spectacular that will combine the magic of Disney storytelling, beloved Disney characters, fireworks and so much more, will debut at Magic Kingdom Park on May 12.

The spectacular will inspire guests to seek out and find their own “Happily Ever After” by showcasing some of the greatest adventures Disney characters have taken to achieve their dreams. The show will feature the latest fireworks and pyrotechnics and original animation, plus a heart-tugging original score. And thanks to the inclusion of state-of-the-art projection mapping technology, more Disney characters than ever before will be featured in the show, including moments from “Moana,” “Brave,” “Big Hero 6,” “Zootopia,” “The Princess & The Frog,” “Aladdin” and many others.

The Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace will continue to offer up a scrumptious way to view the nighttime fun as “Happily Ever After” makes its debut.
mk012948fi.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:51 am

I'm so psyched about this! IMO, Wishes has played a long enough run the park was overdue for a new fireworks show. I'm probably just as excited for this as I am any other new attraction opening!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:46 pm

This is the project I have been working on and I am stoked that it is finally getting closer to opening. It is definitely going to be a spectacular in the sky. While I am sad to see 'Wishes' go this new show is totally going to deliver in ways that 'Wishes' never could.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby wmay » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:52 pm

It looks amazing! And I'm not gonna lie, when I saw the pic I instantly felt that I would not be mad if they painted the castle like that, at least for a season or two.
Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby sirloindude » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm absolutely thrilled for this. It'll be nice to see the combination of projection and pyrotechnics that the other Magic Kingdom/Disneyland parks have had for a while. It makes for a more spectacular, impressive experience.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:19 pm

^^ In those dark colours, which I love, on the castle, the effect in the daytime, may be "darker" than Disney intended.

That said, it would be a perfect colour for maybe the never-to-be-built WDW ~Villains' Park Castle~....hmmm? Which would
then look awesome in the day time. Still dark and forboding...and pure villany!

:) :mickey: :devil: (Yep, that's a blood red colour to me, guys.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Simipour'sTrainer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Listening to that soundtrack (or at least a small portion of it) has got me hyped for the new show!

I'm honestly baffled by how furious some fans are about the new show. "Wishes" is cool and all, but it's been running for a long time now. This new show looks like it'll put "Wishes" to shame.
America Needs Flavor! Vote Guy Fieri 2020!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:54 am

People get used to some "classic" shows (for example, the Electrical Parade), but change is often a good thing. Disney always does a great job with fireworks and projections.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:54 am

You know, I'm not going to lie. . . At first I was disappointed to hear that "Wishes" is leaving. However, the more I have thought about it, the more excited I am that it's happening. Wishes always seemed a bit dated, and with all the new technology available now it will be really exciting to see what the park comes up with!! Now, I'm actually excited to see the new show!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!