TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Well, this could mean that there will be fewer "normal" fastpasses, especially if the electronic version has priority the way people are speculating that it will, so in that case it will definitely affect people who don't wish to pay.

While you may be right, I doubt the difference will be noticeable but I'm sure whenever someone is unable to get the Fastpass they want they'll immediately blame it on the MaxPass and bitch and moan about it online in their echo chamber of Walt-hugging, pixie dust snorting fanboys.

Also, there's no mention on what the options are for people who are willing to pay but have a foreign subscription/data considering that there is no wifi in the park.

Personally when I travel, I always upgrade my phone's data plan. If they choose not to it's really not Disney's problem, especially when they already offer a service that doesn't require anyone to use their phones. If you travel internationally without a data plan then having to walk 5 minutes to a ride to grab a Fast Pass will be one of the lesser inconveniences that you'll be faced with because of that decision.

While you may be right, I doubt the difference will be noticeable but I'm sure whenever someone is unable to get the Fastpass they want they'll immediately blame it on the MaxPass and bitch and moan about it online in their echo chamber of Walt-hugging, pixie dust snorting fanboys.

Well, compared to the entrance fee $10 is fairly insignificant, but on the topic of bitching and moaning, can you imagine the entitlement of people who have paid 10 whole dollars for the MaxPass when they are told that they are not guaranteed a fastpass as they are subject to availability just like the old ones?

They could also just raise the entrance fee and the price of the AP's even further and keep the MaxPass free. Considering the crowds lately maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

More like they'll be told by these echo chamber hysterical websites that MaxPass is the reason they can no longer just show up at 3pm on Saturday and get their paper ticket FP anymore, much like how they still perpetuate the silly myth that FP causes wait times to double or triple.

I've already seen the complaints that adding FP will instantly cause wait times for Midway Mania to jump to 90mins or more on a regular basis simply because that's what happens at Hollywood Studios at WDW. Apparently nobody seems concerned with the fact that DHS has 2-3x the average daily attendance compared to DCA...

^ Even if it increases the standby line's queue a bit, I can't see it ever reaching Hollywood Studios levels because of the attendance and the fact that California Adventure has more attractions.

I also can't see Midway Mania's fastpasses being the first to go, so they should be fairly available in the morning at least.

I was so excited to learn about an upgrade to the FP system at DL and DCA. I'm all on board to pay the extra. I just wish it would be up by the time I go in two weeks lol.

Though I don't think that crowds on the 24th will be very bad at all anyways.

I hope they do a stress test on that app though. I have been in the park a few times last year when the app didn't load the map properly. Can't imagine the frustration to pay to use it for a day, then not being able to access the app at the ride entrance.

I like that it will cut down the running around between parks too. It will be very handy to book the 3 rides at DCA while over at Disneyland.

Did it say how many mobile FP you can do in a day? I think it would be pretty amazing to be able to schedule out the entire day via the app.

I wouldn't count on that. FP+ also provides the ability to choose your own FP return time which MaxPass most likely won't since the old FP system is still being used.

Basically what I'm expecting is the app works the same as it does now, except on the screen that displays a ride's currently available FP time, there'll be a new button that says "reserve now" or something like that. Click that, then the system issues you a time just as though you scanned your ticket at the machine. Then if you try to get another FP for another ride, the app will display an error message saying you have to wait until your window opens or 2 hours pass much like the black reject ticket that spits out from a FP machine if you try to get another FP too early. Then there'll be another window somewhere that displays your currently held FP with a code for the greeter CMs at each ride entrance to scan with the same device that redeems the DAS times.

We'll see what actually happens but that's what I'd expect based on current information.

I wouldn't count on that. FP+ also provides the ability to choose your own FP return time which MaxPass most likely won't since the old FP system is still being used.

Basically what I'm expecting is the app works the same as it does now, except on the screen that displays a ride's currently available FP time, there'll be a new button that says "reserve now" or something like that. Click that, then the system issues you a time just as though you scanned your ticket at the machine. Then if you try to get another FP for another ride, the app will display an error message saying you have to wait until your window opens or 2 hours pass much like the black reject ticket that spits out from a FP machine if you try to get another FP too early. Then there'll be another window somewhere that displays your currently held FP with a code for the greeter CMs at each ride entrance to scan with the same device that redeems the DAS times.

We'll see what actually happens but that's what I'd expect based on current information.

This is what they're doing. Erin Glover confirmed in a comment.

It would definitely be less jarring for people who have never used Florida's Fastpass system.

Personally, I'd prefer if they keep it the way they plan to launch it as for at least a few years. (I think FP+ is terrible)

Well, I'm going to WDW next weekend. As of this moment, thanks to FP+, I know I'm going to be riding Thunder Mtn, Splash Mtn, and Space Mtn in the middle of the day on a Saturday without waiting in any stand-by queues. I would LOVE to be able to do the same thing when going to Disneyland since Saturdays are about the only days I can go. Sadly there are far too many terrible entitled AP's who'd abuse the crap out of the system if a similar option was made available.

That said, if there was a paid option that would make it easier to reserve a FP+ time for rides like Frozen and Mine Train, I'd be all for it. Those were all taken by the time I had secured my WDW admission.

If I have to wait until I get into the park to use the new system, I confess that I don't see much point to it other than sparing me from having to run to an attraction to pick up the Fastpass for it. Sure, that's a nice perk, but not enough to get me to pay for it.

I will say that, given the annual passholder population for DLR, I'm glad they don't have a MyMagic+ system, of which this seems like a stripped-down, upcharge version. It'd be darn near impossible to get any halfway decent Fastpasses if there were a system like WDW's in place. I guess I just don't really see much point or value in this one, but hey, if DLR can generate some sort of decent ROI on this, good for them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/21/guardians-of-the-galaxy-disneyland-ride-looks-to-offer-a-lot-of-fun-for-marvel-fans

New article from IGN where they went on a construction tour of Guardians of the Galaxy. Some new information that makes me a lot more excited for the ride.

The way they described the pre-show sounds interesting. Having multiple speakers around the room to simulate Rocket moving around the ducts could be neat. Although, I'd like for him to appear visually in the pre-show, too. Either an animatronic popping out from the duct or a video on a screen.

The Disneyland Resort has announced some upgrades to the FastPass system.

Additional Disney FASTPASS Locations and New Disney MaxPass Coming to Disneyland Resort

Erin Glover

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

Many guests already know that Disney FASTPASS is one of the best ways to make the most of their time at Disney Parks. This landmark innovation was first introduced at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World in 1999 as a way to provide guests with faster access to the fun. Over the years, Disney FASTPASS has evolved and expanded and is used at our theme parks differently, based on the unique ways our guests enjoy our sites around the world.

Today, I’m excited to announce further expansion of Disney FASTPASS coming to two of our most popular attractions — Toy Story Mania in Disney California Adventure park and Matterhorn Bobsleds in Disneyland park! When Disney FASTPASS first launched at Disneyland Resort it was available at four locations, and over the years the number has expanded to a total of 16 attractions with these two new additions.

Later this year, we will launch Disney MaxPass, which will allow guests to maximize their experience by providing unlimited downloads of their high-resolution PhotoPass images and by enabling the convenience of mobile booking and redemption of Disney FASTPASS return times – all by using the Disneyland App. Disney MaxPass will be available for an introductory price of $10 a day. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders also will have the opportunity to purchase Disney MaxPass on a daily or yearly basis.

Guests will continue to have the option of Disney FASTPASS service at no cost by obtaining FASTPASSES at attraction FASTPASS kiosks, just as they do today.

The addition of these two new Disney FASTPASS locations and the introduction of Disney MaxPass is part of our ongoing commitment to providing guests with opportunities to customize their experiences and make it even easier than ever to create unforgettable memories.

We’ll have more information to share on these updates soon — including details and launch dates — so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog.

Disney Parks Blog

[attachment=0]sdjkf13913.jpg[/attachment]

So, if you want to book Fastpasses in the App, and get HD Digital downloads of Photopass Pics, you can pay $10 a day, or a yearly price yet to be announced.

I think its odd they are charging guests to the Disneyland Resort for something that is free for WDW guests. MyMagic+ does have up-charge options, but you are not charged for the simple convenience of being able to book a Fastpass through your app. I wonder if changes like this are coming to WDW soon?

To be clear, Traditional Fastpasses from the machines are still free. You only have to pay if you want to book through the app, and avoid having to walk to each location and get a physical Fastpass.

Okay, I am so getting this when I go in June

• 2 weeks later...
Disney fans are collectively losing their minds (and breaking open their piggy banks) today over news that the long-rumored high-end 21 Royal restaurant at Disneyland is now very, very real.

Disney Parks fan site WDW News Today is reporting that the ultra luxe 21 Royal is accepting reservations as of yesterday, with the premier experience costing a whopping $15,000. Don’t worry, that does include park admission, valet, tax, and tip.

So what do you get for your $15,000? A private dinner for twelve guests only, tucked into an amazingly opulent room at 21 Royal Street, which apparently was part Walt Disney’s apartment plans above New Orleans Square. The guided seven-course menu is created individually for each group by chef de cuisine Justin Monson, and includes wines from sommelier Matt Ellingson, as well as an opening cocktail reception.

While there, you’ll also get a winding history lesson on some of the finer points of not only the park, but of Disney the man. And when all is said and done, you’ll be able to retreat to a private balcony overlooking the park for coffee and petit fours.

The private dining experience is only available for those willing to pony up a cool $1,250 a head (again, that’s all-in though), but given the volume that a place like Disneyland does, there are sure to be more than a few willing participants. Want to throw down the cash yourself? 21 Royal is taking reservations now.

http://la.eater.com/2017/1/26/14399360/disneyland-21-royal-private-dinner

Disney fans are collectively losing their minds (and breaking open their piggy banks) today over news that the long-rumored high-end 21 Royal restaurant at Disneyland is now very, very real.

Disney Parks fan site WDW News Today is reporting that the ultra luxe 21 Royal is accepting reservations as of yesterday, with the premier experience costing a whopping $15,000. Don’t worry, that does include park admission, valet, tax, and tip.

So what do you get for your $15,000? A private dinner for twelve guests only, tucked into an amazingly opulent room at 21 Royal Street, which apparently was part Walt Disney’s apartment plans above New Orleans Square. The guided seven-course menu is created individually for each group by chef de cuisine Justin Monson, and includes wines from sommelier Matt Ellingson, as well as an opening cocktail reception.

While there, you’ll also get a winding history lesson on some of the finer points of not only the park, but of Disney the man. And when all is said and done, you’ll be able to retreat to a private balcony overlooking the park for coffee and petit fours.

The private dining experience is only available for those willing to pony up a cool $1,250 a head (again, that’s all-in though), but given the volume that a place like Disneyland does, there are sure to be more than a few willing participants. Want to throw down the cash yourself? 21 Royal is taking reservations now.

I forsee a lot of tax returns getting ponied up for this by the extreme Disney fans.

Love this idea...make money wherever they can. I'm surprised they didn't put the "dream suite" up for sale too.

Love this idea...make money wherever they can. I'm surprised they didn't put the "dream suite" up for sale too.

Maybe Airbnb can sponsor the Dream Suite and make it available to the public. The security deposit would be INSANE!