TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never been much of a Disney person, mostly because I prefer huge awesome roller coasters over "magical experiences," but WOW. This park is high on my bucket list for sure! The most attractive part to me is that there are far fewer annoying, entitled people there!

Oh, I forgot to mention in my text above that I saw a total of *ONE* ECV in my entire four days at Tokyo Disney and those dreaded "double-wide" strollers are few and far between. For some reason this is a really huge deal for me. The abuse and over-use of both of those things here in America is just embarrassing.

I feel the same way as thrillseeker about WDW, but I already know that I would like Tokyo Disney and DisneySea a lot better based on what I see in the trip reports...just based on the flavored popcorn and Haunted Mansion conversion alone!

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or SMH at Robb's comment because of the truth and that I feel the same way. The abuse over those two things in America IS embarrassing. When we visited Dollywood a few years ago, we were there at the rope drop...we figured everyone would be running to Thunderhead and Mystery Mine (the parks biggest attractions at the time), but it was like a mass stampede (albeit like feet stuck in molasses) to get to the ECV's and strollers. We ended up being one of the first riders on Mystery Mine and we certainly weren't walking fast to get there!

Oh...and Ikspiari: OMG that food looks awesomely delicious!

The next day would bring us to Tokyo DisneySEA which is, without a doubt, my favorite theme park in the world! I cannot think of many parks where no matter where you are standing in the park, if you look in any direction, there is a "photo op" everywhere you look. Not only does it have some of the best Disney attractions ever made (Journey to the Center of the Earth, Tower of Terror, Indiana Jones, Sindbad, Aquatopia, 20,000 Leagues, etc) it's just a cool place to hang out and walk around. Much like Epcot, this is a park I could walk around all day in, not ride anything, and still have an amazing time! And that's probably why DisneySEA is my favorite park in the world and Epcot is second! Anyway, let's get right into some photos....

C09c-W9UkAEkNeA.jpg

We have just arrived at Tokyo DisneySEA! The #1, no question, no argument, best theme park in the world!

C09hUueUQAAI77J.jpg

C09hUucUAAAE8Nw.jpg

C09hUvEUoAE7lAR.jpg

C09hUucUsAEQO2m.jpg

We are about to board the greatest attraction Disney has ever created! Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Here is a video of the awesomeness:

C09lMOmUsAAB9Sr.jpg

Lava Monster! 15 years old and still the single best animatronic Disney has ever made!

C09s5n8UsAABFn3.jpg

Happiness is holding two FPs for Tokyo DisneySEA before 9:30am!

C09yKZkUoAAerfl.jpg

Found this awesome Journey ride vehicle! Never seen these before!

C09z1x0UQAA2Fdh.jpg

Dear Tokyo Disney fans! Does anyone know if they still sell the gyoza that USED to be here somewhere else in the park? (Not the buns)

(Sadly we found out this menu changed in January of 2016.)

C095W7UUcAAf5u3.jpg

C095W7YUsAAXqp7.jpg

C095W7YUAAAWFoG.jpg

C095W7XUsAAZuVj.jpg

Dear Walt Disney World - Please remove the very dated Twilight Zone theme from Tower of Terror and replace with Shiriki! Thank you!

C0-AjACVEAAT2fG.jpg

C0-Ai_-UQAQb_YW.jpg

From this location at Tokyo DisneySEA I can see both Mt. Fuji and Mount Prometheus! I love Japan!

C0-GfiNUQAAVYv0.jpg

C0-GfjzVIAAwph4.jpg

C0-Gfj7UcAAUrmS.jpg

C0-GfmoUoAArAHB.jpg

Yes, today is going to be a "popcorn day!"

C0-JuLDUsAQiEeg.jpg

C0-JuLEVQAAjsfy.jpg

C0-JuLAUsAAkFDz.jpg

These mochi ice cream aliens were almost too cute to eat... but they were delicious! :

C0-TXvaVQAAg2Ke.jpg

Aquatopia... the most amazing pointless ride ever!!! LOVE IT!

We did a 360 video of Aquatopia. You'll probably need to open the link below in your phone in the YouTube app to see it in all it's glory!

C0-bmYaVQAA800Q.jpg

Out with the bad and in with the Nemo!

C0-h52fUsAAdG8n.jpg

C0-h54wUcAAeyYD.jpg

Bernard and Bianca were out greeting guests! Wish we'd see The Rescuers more often at the US parks!

C0-mr-1VEAAR5AA.jpg

C0-mr-zUUAE3q1f.jpg

C0-mr_EUQAAA4mO.jpg

C0-mr_EUsAAjhdA.jpg

This little ride at Tokyo DisneySEA is better themed than 97% of the roller coasters in America!

C0-uyuUUsAA4Wo7.jpg

C0-uyuWUkAAdnu8.jpg

C0-uyuUUcAEfURd.jpg

C0-uyuUUkAAlL0k.jpg

Another absolutely beautiful themed queue!

C0-u4sTUsAATuqR.jpg

C0-u4sZUQAAaiGg.jpg

C0-u4tmUsAAEpn2.jpg

C0-u4upUUAAzQL1.jpg

In the mermaid lagoon area you can find these Tokyo DisneySEA exclusive capsule toys!

C0-y3vEVQAEu4hA.jpg

C0-y3vMUkAE4Gnw.jpg

C0-y3vVVQAEWBxV.jpg

C0-y3vVUAAAYSxT.jpg

Here are the many faces of Donald from the capsule toy!

C0-1T8qVIAESLZ7.jpg

Yes... we are in a theme park!

C0-4yGrUUAARAal.jpg

Tokyo DisneySEA is celebrating 15 years and we are happy to say we have been here for 11 of them!

C0-64RcUoAEvzuf.jpg

The ship that was added to the front of the park for the 15th anniversary is pretty awesome!

C0-9ulcUcAAE_C-.jpg

C0-9ulcUQAErNJR.jpg

C0-9ulmUUAAT9Q3.jpg

C0-9uljUcAAek_N.jpg

Each Disney character has their own special wish and crystal as part of the 15th anniversary.

C0_C9wgUcAEJY-w.jpg

C0_C9wgUUAAgU1k.jpg

C0_C9whUoAALhi9.jpg

At the Japanese Mexican place you can get a sombrero Donald made out of rice and tortillas! Amazing!!!

C0_GeEoUsAANdVA.jpg

C0_GeEnUcAAsgJX.jpg

We found her!

C0_LAbeVIAAfJ8I.jpg

C0_LAbdUcAAKjwl.jpg

If you ask for the English translation at the Sindbad ride, you get this awesome card telling the story!

C0_YLz4UsAArB-x.jpg

C0_YLz6UcAAv2wh.jpg

C0_YLz9UcAEZm4i.jpg

C0_YL13UsAAT-cH.jpg

Which of these Tokyo DisneySEA underwear would you like to have protecting your junk?

C0_YZJ7VQAAVj9q.jpg

C0_YZLVUUAAolsr.jpg

It's really a coin flip between Curry and Black Pepper for my favorite popcorn flavor!

In this two minute clip will show you why we love Sindbad at Tokyo DisneySEA! VOLUME UP!!!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

C0_SopDUQAAuOFw.jpg

Our view from Tokyo Disney! Mt. Fuji at sunset! Beautiful!

The parks closed early on this night because it's New Years Eve or "Countdown Party" which we will be attending in the next update!

CLICK HERE FOR COUNTDOWN PARTY PHOTOS!

Edited by robbalvey

Ohhhh Robb! So much awesomeness you're showing here of TDS.

Don't know where to start. The popcorns. That CAPSULE TOY!

And those Mt.Fuji shots, too!

I had originally planned us not hitting TDR until 2022, when most of

everything planned, is (hopefully) done. But still...... who's to say a

pre-2022 trip isn't out of line, hmm? 2018, maybe?

Awesome awesome photos posted Robb. And you are right, 100%.

It's The Best Most Awesome Theme Park (& Resort) in the World!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. I'm not that sure Robb, but the Sailing Day Buffet in the American

Waterfront, offers Western, Japanese and Chinese cuisine there.The gyozas

you are asking about, may be there.

^From what I understand that is what happened. They gave Disney Imagineering a budget like they'd never seen before when building that park. Things have now been much more scaled down at the resort so I don't think we'll see anything as amazing as what's their now (due to economics and budgeting) but at least we have nice things!

Before California Adventure was built, Disney had two basic designs for a second west coast park, WestCot, and DisneySea which was supposed to be part of a complex called Port Disney. Disney even announced Port Disney would be built in Long Beach, California. Obviously, that never happened. Instead, WestCot which was originally supposed to be a clone of Epcot kept morphing and turned into California Adventure.

Much of the design of Tokyo DisneySea is based on the design for California and is part of the reason why the park has so many unique attractions.

I'm not sure what to say that hasn't already been said.... Tokyo DisneySea looks like an amazing place, and looking at some of the pictures it's difficult to believe that it's actually in a theme park. Definitely a place I would love going to!

Before California Adventure was built, Disney had two basic designs for a second west coast park, WestCot, and DisneySea which was supposed to be part of a complex called Port Disney. Disney even announced Port Disney would be built in Long Beach, California. Obviously, that never happened. Instead, WestCot which was originally supposed to be a clone of Epcot kept morphing and turned into California Adventure.

Much of the design of Tokyo DisneySea is based on the design for California and is part of the reason why the park has so many unique attractions.

The original park that was supposed to be built in Long Beach also had NO WHERE NEAR the budget of Tokyo DisneySEA. We should be thankful that park never got built.

The next day would bring us to Tokyo DisneySEA which is, without a doubt, my favorite theme park in the world!

Absolutely no argument from me! DisneySea is the best.

I'm not even a Disney fan, but agree that DisneySea is the best theme park.

^^ I completely agree. Disney has this tendency to have amazing ideas then typically start cutting corners and slashing budgets. Just look at the amazing Pooh's Hunny Hunt from Tokyo Disneyland and compare it to the Winnie the Pooh ride at Disneyland which was built three later. Hunny Hunt is a fantastic example of what Disney could build in 2000 except it cost $130 million, and the other was a waste of $30 million.

Seeing your pictures really makes me want to travel back to Japan. Tokyo DisneySea is my favorite park.

I think it got a little over-shadowed in the thread by the Pirates discussion and video, understandably - that ride is the only one I'm really interested in out of all of Shanghai (maybe Tron, Robb's review was a bit higher than some people I know who went and thought it was fun but weren't too bothered about getting re-ride unlike Pirates) and it alone is enough to make me budget to go there in the next few years, but I forgot to say when the HKDL TR was posted how much I adore Mystic Manor.

Although in terms of showing off what you can do with the trackless technology I still think Pooh's disco room with all the cars is my favorite or Aquatopia but as an overall ride, Mystic Manor may be one of my favorite Disney rides I've ever been on (although it's been a while since my last DisneySea trip so maybe I need a refresher on how much I enjoyed Journey and ToT)

Also random question, has anyone on your trips ever been brave enough to try the pufferfish? I always see it when I visit the main part of Osaka but I always end up backing out and using the money for a express pass or planning a side trip to a Yokohama park or Tobu instead.

Also random question, has anyone on your trips ever been brave enough to try the pufferfish? I always see it when I visit the main part of Osaka but I always end up backing out and using the money for a express pass or planning a side trip to a Yokohama park or Tobu instead.

I'm sure someone probably has, but you see, for myself, I actually don't really like fish (other than some sushi that I can drown in Wasabi) so it's not going to be something I'll ever try.