TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Interesting all the indoor scooby themeing has been removed, hopefully the spooky coaster will return better then before.

4:40

Was just at the park yesterday. The coaster was bare and the only things you could see other then darkness was the guard-rails around the track. The ride was shockingly bad without the theming. Just pure boredom. I understand maintenance has to be done. But to rip the theming out in the school holiday confuses me. Maybe a re-theming coming?

VR Maybe? Also odd cause there's a new Scooby Doo movie coming out.

Interesting all the indoor scooby themeing has been removed, hopefully the spooky coaster will return better then before.

4:40

Was just at the park yesterday. The coaster was bare and the only things you could see other then darkness was the guard-rails around the track. The ride was shockingly bad without the theming. Just pure boredom. I understand maintenance has to be done. But to rip the theming out in the school holiday confuses me. Maybe a re-theming coming?

VR Maybe? Also odd cause there's a new Scooby Doo movie coming out.

Let's set a greeeeeat example/standard - strip all themeing and make you wear a headset to see it. VR on a wild mouse would also set a record low capacity..

I'm really hoping the ride is just getting a touch up. The lengthy ride is just pure fun. Really sad to see them running it empty without any notice to the GP.

Let's set a greeeeeat example/standard - strip all themeing and make you wear a headset to see it.

You say that sarcastically, but don't be surprised if that's what actually starts happening in a few years.

Let's set a greeeeeat example/standard - strip all themeing and make you wear a headset to see it. VR on a wild mouse would also set a record low capacity..

I'm really hoping the ride is just getting a touch up. The lengthy ride is just pure fun. Really sad to see them running it empty without any notice to the GP.

They are the same park that brought only one train for their SLC, Now the wait time sucks. So it wouldnt surprise me if they do it.

^ No, the SLC opened with two trains - a blue and a red. Over the years, the two trains were butchered together to make one 'purple' train.

Doesn't arkham asylum only have one train of the new style?

Yeah, Arkham has only one KumbaK train.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen this video anywhere on here

Mack rides confirming that they are building custom coaster which i guess will be similar to the Flash coaster in china

And judging by photos of the site it looks like it will most likely have a big loop as well as there is currently a footer in the carpark

• 1 month later...

There is a bit of debate on the track color from people who have been to the site today....some saying pink while others are saying purple.

As the day is very overcast here, I think its true color will only be seen once we have a normal Queensland sunny day...so in about 2 weeks or so.

• 4 weeks later...

The construction (for those that have been to the park) has started towards the main vehicle entry to the car park, giving a really good idea exactly how big this ride will be.

Hopefully this next week will see the main turn around point completed, if the current speed of construction is maintained at least...

Credit to "Themeparkgirl" for the photo...

581163062_Movieworld.thumb.jpg.72ef45494cc3f8ada040feab47f3e144.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the new Mack coaster, turn around now complete with an interesting top section.

It looks like there may be some airtime right into a sharp turn down into the corner.

With the speed of construction now increasing as the public holidays are done for a while it should show its true layout over the next 2-3 weeks...can't wait!

Photo credit to #themagician at Parkz.com.au

IMG_0983.thumb.JPG.5d80c937eb1149511a8a7cbdf9966344.JPG