TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Sorry for butting into this conversation, but I'm probably headed to DL and DCA next Thursday and I have a question about World of Color really quick. With "Season of Light" ending on the 8th, and insider rumors strongly suggesting that the old WoC show will not be returning, does anyone know if WoC will be running after the 8th with a new show or not? Has anyone seen any midnight testings of a new show? My Google searches are coming up dry...

It's on the entertainment schedule for next week, so I'd imagine it's the original show next week.

I will be in the area this month for NAMM (as is tradition) from the 19th-22nd, and are thinking of jumping into the park here and there for some rides and tasty vittles. If anyone wants to join us for some drinks, we should be at Trader Sam's the night of the 19th.

Has anyone tried the new dole whips with rum yet!?

I may or may not have made them myself in the park. If I did, oh boy! Were they allegedly delicious on a possibly hot, undisclosed day. I've also taken one across the way to DCA, ordered a double shot at Ariels Grotto, and threw it in. That one is safe to brag about. Definitely delicious.

^^ Love that video. I kept pausing it, to make out all the "nostalgia" items in there.

And... Dole Whip with Rum?

Now why didn't I have that available back in September?

Hey everybody. I've just confirmed my trip to Disneyland in June. I was just wondering, how does the FastPass system work there? Do I need to reserve my spot ahead of time a la Disney World/Six Flags (kinda), or can I just randomly show up and be admitted into the Fast Lane a la Cedar Fair?

Hey everybody. I've just confirmed my trip to Disneyland in June. I was just wondering, how does the FastPass system work there? Do I need to reserve my spot ahead of time a la Disney World/Six Flags (kinda), or can I just randomly show up and be admitted into the Fast Lane a la Cedar Fair?

You go to the ride and use your ticket to acquire a paper slip. You will need to return to the ride during the hour time frame provided by the slip. You can't get two rides in the same one hour frame.

You go to the ride and use your ticket to acquire a paper slip. You will need to return to the ride during the hour time frame provided by the slip. You can't get two rides in the same one hour frame.

Thanks. Are these slips first-come-first-serve limited or are they unlimited? I take it I can't reserve things a day in advance...

Thanks. Are these slips first-come-first-serve limited or are they unlimited? I take it I can't reserve things a day in advance...

First come, first served. You physically have to go to the ride itself to do this. Go to some of the Disney site and you can see the various suggested "touring plans". Usually these involve grabbing a Fastpass for a ride first thing in the AM, going to ride other stuff, then going back to that (e.g. getting one for Space Mountain, riding Autopia, Peter Pan, et al. then going back to Space Mountain later).

^Although I much prefer the Magic Band-style fastpasses in Florida, you can really make the California kind work. If you're strategic, you can get in all of the rides in a single day.

This is true, you just have to constantly be getting fastpasses throughout the day. The key is that you can get a 2nd fastpass as soon as your fastpass window opens. So if you have a FP for Space Mountain for 11am-12pm, as soon as 11am hits, you can get a fastpass for another ride. Also, your entire party doesn't need to be present to get the fastpasses. You can just send your tickets with one person and they can get the fastpasses for your entire group. Note that fastpasses for Radiator Springs Racers tend to run out by noon or 1pm, so either hit that ride first thing or get your fastpasses early.

If you stay at one of the three Disney hotels, you get into one of the parks an hour early every morning of your stay. Depending on your budget, this might be something you want to do. Also, if you purchase a ticket for 3 days or more, you get into the park an hour early once during your stay. The park that opens early switches every day, so one day DL is the early entry park and the next day CA is the early entry park.

Can't reserve days in advance like FP+, but the Disneyland phone app can tell you what time window is being offered at any ride that offers FP tickets. You will need to go to the ride and insert your park ticket in a machine that will spit out a FP ticket. After that, you can go get another FP ticket in another park immediately, or you can get a FP for another ride once your window opens/2 hours after you got your first FP, whichever comes first.

There is a new update from Mintcrocodile.

Wow, they have great pictures! I can't believe construction is moving so fast! Those rock formations are crazy!

They're really pushing for that 2019 opening date!

I've heard as early as Summer 2018. Is this being too optimistic?

At the speed they're going, it could be ready at some point in 2018, though it seems unlikely to me.

We must tread lightly, or else this thread will take a turn for the worse like the Cedar Point thread.

At the speed they're going, it could be ready at some point in 2018, though it seems unlikely to me.

We must tread lightly, or else this thread will take a turn for the worse like the Cedar Point thread.

Yeah. Right now I'm just happy that ROA and the surrounding area is only (roughly) six months from being completed!

Hello err'body! I'm in the beginning stages of sprucing up the Wikipedia article for the Disneyland Railroad and I need your help.

To make the article complete I need pics of the DRR's five locomotives, but the archive of pics for the article doesn't have pics for all of them. At minimum, I need one pic of locomotive #1 (C.K. Holliday) and one pic of locomotive #3 (Fred Gurley) similar to the pic I attached to this post. If you have the pics I need and are willing to release them to the public domain, I will upload them and make sure to credit you when doing so. If you happen to have pics of all five locomotives that look relatively uniform (same angle, same place on the track, same time of day, etc.), that would be even better! I have already raised the article for the Walt Disney World Railroad to Good Article status, and that's my plan for the Disneyland Railroad article. With your assistance, I can easily make that happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disneyland_Railroad

Edited by Jackdude101

^ I can't help you, but I wish you success in getting the photos you need.

I got to see two of the trains in their stations back in Sept. and didn't - take - one - photo of either of them.

Still kicking myself, after missing that golden up-close opportunity, before the trains started up again this summer.

So - I hope others connect with you, with the requested photos.

IMG_2233.JPG.1b939988e7fe5cfd65a0ed2d04e6f2f7.JPG

So, how about the BACK of a train? (o; Kidding. Only shot I got, sadly. Sept.14, 2016.

There is a new update from Mintcrocodile.

Wow, they have great pictures! I can't believe construction is moving so fast! Those rock formations are crazy!

They're really pushing for that 2019 opening date!

I've heard as early as Summer 2018. Is this being too optimistic?

That's a big rush on a huge order. I'm hoping the rides are on par with Shanghai's Pirates, so, no. If they can make 2019, then awesome but I wouldn't want them to push it and make it mediocre.

The Disneyland Resort has announced some upgrades to the FastPass system.

Additional Disney FASTPASS Locations and New Disney MaxPass Coming to Disneyland Resort

Erin Glover

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

Many guests already know that Disney FASTPASS is one of the best ways to make the most of their time at Disney Parks. This landmark innovation was first introduced at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World in 1999 as a way to provide guests with faster access to the fun. Over the years, Disney FASTPASS has evolved and expanded and is used at our theme parks differently, based on the unique ways our guests enjoy our sites around the world.

Today, I’m excited to announce further expansion of Disney FASTPASS coming to two of our most popular attractions — Toy Story Mania in Disney California Adventure park and Matterhorn Bobsleds in Disneyland park! When Disney FASTPASS first launched at Disneyland Resort it was available at four locations, and over the years the number has expanded to a total of 16 attractions with these two new additions.

Later this year, we will launch Disney MaxPass, which will allow guests to maximize their experience by providing unlimited downloads of their high-resolution PhotoPass images and by enabling the convenience of mobile booking and redemption of Disney FASTPASS return times – all by using the Disneyland App. Disney MaxPass will be available for an introductory price of $10 a day. Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders also will have the opportunity to purchase Disney MaxPass on a daily or yearly basis.

Guests will continue to have the option of Disney FASTPASS service at no cost by obtaining FASTPASSES at attraction FASTPASS kiosks, just as they do today.

The addition of these two new Disney FASTPASS locations and the introduction of Disney MaxPass is part of our ongoing commitment to providing guests with opportunities to customize their experiences and make it even easier than ever to create unforgettable memories.

We’ll have more information to share on these updates soon — including details and launch dates — so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog.

Disney Parks Blog

sdjkf13913.thumb.jpg.00b14304e9b65f1fc1e4fd6926bb74d3.jpg

So, if you want to book Fastpasses in the App, and get HD Digital downloads of Photopass Pics, you can pay $10 a day, or a yearly price yet to be announced.

I think its odd they are charging guests to the Disneyland Resort for something that is free for WDW guests. MyMagic+ does have up-charge options, but you are not charged for the simple convenience of being able to book a Fastpass through your app. I wonder if changes like this are coming to WDW soon?

To be clear, Traditional Fastpasses from the machines are still free. You only have to pay if you want to book through the app, and avoid having to walk to each location and get a physical Fastpass.

Edited by jedimaster1227

^As soon as I saw this announced I figured the Disneyland Fanboys will lose their mind!!!!

To me, this seems like when they took the WDW Annual Pass hike justification of adding the Photopass option.

Disneyland people will get their photos for $10 AND oh by the way you can make fast passes easier now.

I don't see a big problem with this roll out, and yes, I assume we're looking at a potential up charge in Florida as well now.