TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

I wonder why the German parks close at sunset. Nighttime is the best time at theme parks.

In most cases the reason are the park's neighbors. Germany is densely populated and our parks are almost always very close to residential areas.

That makes sense. I can see on the satellite that Europa has housing right beside it. Etc.

I am planning on heading to this park sometime this year. I was just wondering if there's an optimal path when hitting attractions, and what time of year is least likely to yield ridiculous lines / whatever other tidbits you can throw in to make it a smooth experience.

That's becuase they're HDR photos, aren't they? If not then that is some damn impressive dynamic range lol

Actually they are not. And yes - the Nikon D810 has indeed a quite large dynamic range. But the main reason is: Taron does look that way at night! The park did a really great job putting up lights and using fog effects to make the coaster look amazing after dark.

I am planning on heading to this park sometime this year. I was just wondering if there's an optimal path when hitting attractions, and what time of year is least likely to yield ridiculous lines / whatever other tidbits you can throw in to make it a smooth experience.

The park does offer a "quick pass" which gives you front-of-line-access to most of the attractions (sadly not Taron). You can use the pass at four attractions. If you stay at a phantasialand hotel you did get some extra ride time on Taron as well - hopefully the will offer this again this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Tobi from the Phantafriends forum, who created and updated his model of Klugheim to show how construction was progressing, has started a new model! This time to document Phantasialand's new construction site, on the former site of Race for Atlantis. No details are known about what is being built but presumably this will be a 2018 attraction(s).

At the moment though it is literally just a hole in the ground.

Really intrigued as to what it will be. Will it be an expansion of the Fantasy or Berlin themes, or an entirely new themed area?

What sort of rides will it feature?

Hoping for a modern dark ride.

1030199781_9-21.thumb.png.ca00c7786eef8ec2b098c4a10a333792.png

The site looking towards Maus au Chocolat. Showing the concrete pile walls.

353018026_9-22.thumb.png.a71ef861eee25e3ec936b070c2d01966.png

The site looking the other way towards the road and Winjas on the right.

880491919_9-23.thumb.png.2bafb379318ddb7c7bd26dc5596a084a.png

Diggers and trucks are still working away removing soil and rubble. The raised pathway in the middle is for trucks to drive out of the pit.

1287081689_9-24.thumb.png.39433a9d792a5286e014bd09781bc347.png

The blue line represent a pile wall which is currently being poured. The white areas show where the drills are currently operating.

1286177326_9-25.thumb.png.f3f446aaf6163bced6589bbcb0d8df07.png

Tobi is using a small figure of a builder to show how deep the pit is. He guesses it is around 5 meters deep at the road side and 3 meters deep at the side of Maus au Chocolat.

423816716_9-26.thumb.png.689b65840afc8bb60a089b2cb3775f04.png

This off season the park are continuing to add new theming to River Quest. This is the last phase of the ride's refurbishment.

The new Klugheim style rockwork looks great!

From Phantasialand's blog Mission Off-Season.

RiverQuest-3105.thumb.jpg.709de136db5dd52fd3939683471cf668.jpg

RiverQuest-3737-1024x683.thumb.jpg.e19381f1415ae1701c140364cb3fefa0.jpg

RiverQuest-3100-1024x683.thumb.jpg.9cccdb0bf828bd560110b87e550b1fe2.jpg

As RQ is now part of Klugheim, are the horns a slight nod towards Taron?

I'm praying for a new coaster in this new spot, I think a dive machine would fit in the park well, or a small compact woody both utilising the trenches in the ground like all the other coasters do there. Im looking forward to see what actually happens

You really shouldn't get your hopes up.

There really isn't much chance of that happening. They just installed 2 coasters in one year after building none for 10 years. While I doubt it will be another 10 year wait I can't see any new coasters for the next few years - at least until TOTNH is uo for replacement. Unless this new area is a kids area and includes a kiddie coaster like Europa Park's Baaaaa Express or Hansa Park's Der kleine Zar I'd go as far as saying there is an absolutely 0% chance of a coaster here.

The next attractions will almost certainly be family rides as Phantasialand isn't a thrill park.