TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I think Busch Williamsburg will do great upkeeps on the train. Considering the park is over 40 years old, it feels like a newer park. This is one of the best maintained parks in the country.

I don't doubt their ability. Im thinking that less time maintaining the support structure will equate into more

time maintaining the theming.

Thanks for the update, great pics! I'm really excited to ride InvadR in the spring, and finally experience Tempesto! I haven't been to the park in a few years and I think the two new coasters will really round the already awesome coaster line up!

When do the water rides (Le Scoot, Pompeii) usually open in the season for BGW? I have never ridden Le Scoot... therefore I have sinned. I need to atone for this and go with the ride is running.

Opening the water rides in the spring can be hit or miss. It may depend on the weather and staffing. Then again, I've been to BGW when it was snowing in the spring yet people were still riding Escape from Pompeii.

Thanks to all of those with the good input on my wood structure/steel structure question. It was interesting and it all makes sense.

I have never ridden Le Scoot... therefore I have sinned.

Yes, you have. Shame.

I emailed the park but waiting for a response. Does anyone with a platinum membership (the one where you can visit all the other parks) know if you have to process the pass first at Williamsburg? I haven't bought one yet but I'll be in Florida before getting to Williamsburg and want to go to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, SeaWorld and Aquatica so the platinum pass made the most sense as long as I don't have to go to Williamsburg first.

I emailed the park but waiting for a response. Does anyone with a platinum membership (the one where you can visit all the other parks) know if you have to process the pass first at Williamsburg? I haven't bought one yet but I'll be in Florida before getting to Williamsburg and want to go to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, SeaWorld and Aquatica so the platinum pass made the most sense as long as I don't have to go to Williamsburg first.

You can bring a copy of the voucher they email to you and bring it to the guest relations windows of the other parks. My friend was able to do this during our recent trip to Florida in November.

You can bring a copy of the voucher they email to you and bring it to the guest relations windows of the other parks. My friend was able to do this during our recent trip to Florida in November.

Thank you! That's perfect.

Just an fyi for anyone if they were in the same situation, this is the email they sent me. Doesn't really make a ton of sense though since the prices for the other parks are different from Williamsburg so I find it kind of odd that wherever you redeem it will just become your home park.

"When you purchase your Passes Online, you are given an Order Number, and where the vouchers are redeemed that becomes your Home Park. That means if you redeem the Order Number in Florida, you are only entitled to the benefits of that Park. If you will purchase your Passes and send me the Order Number, I can redeem your vouchers here and mail you your Passes."

• 3 weeks later...

^ Thanks for the video.

This looks like such a solid addition to BGW!! I love the tunnel on the top of the first drop, as well as the bottom of the first drop. . . Just makes you wonder, why they didn't just make the tunnel the entirety of the first drop. Not that it matters at all, just found myself wondering that when I watched the POV!

Anyway, I can't wait to make it back out to the park to give it a try! Sadly, I think my visit this year will come before the InvadR opens!

• 2 weeks later...
^ Thanks for the video.

This looks like such a solid addition to BGW!! I love the tunnel on the top of the first drop, as well as the bottom of the first drop. . . Just makes you wonder, why they didn't just make the tunnel the entirety of the first drop. Not that it matters at all, just found myself wondering that when I watched the POV!

Anyway, I can't wait to make it back out to the park to give it a try! Sadly, I think my visit this year will come before the InvadR opens!

My guess as to why they didn't tunnel the whole first drop is they want you to be able to see the element where the track goes over the drop. Just my guess though. I'm excited for this coaster even though I don't think I'll make it back to BGW this year.

Got an email from Busch Gardens to join the Brauhaus Stein Club for 2017. $99+ tax gets you 1 free draft and $5 drafts each time you visit.

Become a member of the Brauhaus Stein Club and receive a special edition stein today! Your stein will be carefully stored and displayed in the Brauhaus Craft Bier Room. Enjoy $5 refills in the Brauhaus, where you can choose from 30 different local craft and international beers. Stay tuned for Brewery Talks where will have a variety of local craft breweries come to show off their best brews in the Brauhaus. Guests may come to the park at their leisure to use their stein. Guests do NOT have to come opening day to receive their stein.

$99 seems steep to me, can't remember what the price was last year, but I do remember they offered 300 steins on passholder preview day and they were all claimed within the first couple of hours!

I did enjoy the Brauhaus several times during my visits last year. Great place to kick back, watch a ballgame, drink a brew while recharging my phone!

Anyone know if you get to keep the stein at the end of the season? I believe you do but want to confirm.

Update: I called and did confirm you get to keep it at the end of the season.

Could you post the email where it mentions free refill each visit? Called them and they said different but, being that it's kind of new they may not know all the details yet.

Edited by PCW_Nut

I just searched the thread apparently it was 40 bucks last year.

I purchased 2 platinum passes this year. I had originally thought you also got discounts for quick queue and the animal tours at all the other parks but apparently that doesn't seem to be the case. I just emailed them to confirm. Anyone have any experience with this?

Anyone know if you get to keep the stein at the end of the season? I believe you do but want to confirm.

Update: I called and did confirm you get to keep it at the end of the season.

Could you post the email where it mentions free refill each visit? Called them and they said different but, being that it's kind of new they may not know all the details yet.

The wording in the original post led me to believe you get ONE free draft upon purchase and the $5 drafts from then on.

Got an email from Busch Gardens to join the Brauhaus Stein Club for 2017. $99+ tax gets you 1 free draft and $5 drafts each time you visit.

Otherwise wouldn't it say "$99+ tax gets you 1 free draft each time you visit and $5 drafts the rest of the day"?

Edited by boldikus

^Me too but haven't gotten the email myself yet sadly so was hoping to actually see it.

Either way, I've signed up as I loved this idea last year but wasn't able to partake in it. Now I'll have my own stein waiting for me everytime i visit the park! Yes the cost is a bit high but I feel it's a great value to be able to keep it at the end of the year!

brauhaus.PNG.1fa673b70fb11470c8448a1db41c5794.PNG

Doesn't mention here so it seems to be conflicting