TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

I hope the Trump animatronic reads off a series of his tweets. That would be sooooo inspiring!

Make them live tweets so the show changes every day.

That would be hilarious, scary, and sad all at the same time! I'd love to see a Muppet History Show. That would be so much better!

Thoughts? Maybe I'm underestimating the appeal of the Hall of Presidents but it never struck me as an overly popular attraction.

Do not underestimate the popularity of Hall of Presidents. I have seen it three times recently and it has played to a nearly packed to completely full house every time. I saw it the day after the election, and sat out front of it finishing a drink for about 5 minutes. I witnessed a very interesting exchange....

Random Guest to CM: "Is Trump in here now?"

CM: "No, Trump was only elected yesterday so technically he is not our President yet but he will be added later next year."

Me to CM after guest walks away: "Wait, are people seriously asking TODAY if Trump is in there, after only being elected last night?"

CM: "I've been here only a few hours and I've had no fewer than 500 people ask me already."

Wow. So not only are people stupid enough to vote for the guy, they also are dumb enough to think he would be in the Hall of Presidents THE VERY NEXT DAY.

Our world is doomed...

I don't know. Didn't they pull the Ellen AA from Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot? Just put it an orange toupee and an ill-fitting suit with a red tie and, presto, instant Trump!

Of course, the old Ellen AA may not be sophisticated enough to handle Trump's odd facial expressions and goofy hand gestures.

I don't know. Didn't they pull the Ellen AA from Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot? Just put it an orange toupee and an ill-fitting suit with a red tie and, presto, instant Trump!

Of course, the old Ellen AA may not be sophisticated enough to handle Trump's odd facial expressions and goofy hand gestures.

By the looks of them, they are a testing the idea to see if it is popular enough. I imagine that if it's deemed a success then we might see a more permanent solution being added.

Yeah, that was kind of my thought, they "look" kinda cheap and temporary but if it's a success I would expect something more permanent later.

It'll be interesting to see how popular they are. I think it could be a great idea if done right and for the right price, but the price does seem really high. Like was said before, I'd rather get a hotel room on the monorail loop for that price.

What's everyones thoughts about these $650 tents that you can rent for the day near space mountain? The quality of the setup looks more like something at a six flags park then something I'd expect from Disney.

It is something you'd see at Six Flags. Six Flags Great Adventure circa 2008, to be specific, when they were put on the old ride pad for Spin Meister.

Lots of aspie Disney fans are clutching their Mickey hugboxes and complaining about class warfare. A) Disney Parks were designed from the ground up to keep poor people out. If you're upset now, its because you've become the riff raff you used to rail against. Feels good, huh? B) Disney isn't actually conspiring with some sort of elite banking illuminati group to please only them. ESPN subs are in the toilet and attendance was down or flat for all 4 quarters of the last Disney fiscal year. To keep profit margins high and attractive to investors, the only way to do that with falling attendance is to increase prices and create new revenue streams. This, like the ice cream social on the Riverboat for $49 and creating yet another EPCOT festival are all intended to increase passholder visits and per capita spending by all guests.

Lots of aspie Disney fans are clutching their Mickey hugboxes and complaining about class warfare. A) Disney Parks were designed from the ground up to keep poor people out. If you're upset now, its because you've become the riff raff you used to rail against. Feels good, huh?

I've been both a little indifferent to Disney AND part of the riff-raff all my life, so... My bias I am showing you it.

You're not wrong though! The price increases for theme parks across the board have really become a problem, and the constant dangling of potential upgrades in front of your face has always been a problem. I certainly don't think it's inherently malicious, it's just the unfortunate reality of this business.

Random Guest to CM: "Is Trump in here now?"

CM: "No, Trump was only elected yesterday so technically he is not our President yet but he will be added later next year."

Me to CM after guest walks away: "Wait, are people seriously asking TODAY if Trump is in there, after only being elected last night?"

CM: "I've been here only a few hours and I've had no fewer than 500 people ask me already."

Maybe they made an animatronic for all the candidates, so the next day they could just put the elected one in...

How horrifying would it be to walk into the AA workshop, and just see Hillary staring you down?

Splash Mountain rethemed to Moana anyone?

Given that Moana takes place out in the ocean in Polynesia a mountain locked in a North American-style forest wouldn't make much sense (and before you say Guardians tower; DCA ToT is at least in a somewhat removed part of Hollywood Pictures Backlot and the rest of the land is probably getting a retheme as well eventually). A dark ride in Adventureland would work much better.

I'm sure that if Disney decided to re-theme Splash Mountain after some thing else, like Moana,

they'd figure out a way to do it. But it's still a fave flume ride to a lot of people, including myself.

I'm sure that if Disney decided to re-theme Splash Mountain after some thing else, like Moana,

they'd figure out a way to do it.

Despite recent controversial decisions I actually don't think that forcing a Moana makeover on Splash Mountain is something that Disney would ever do.

If they for some reason decided that Splash Mountain needed a new theme a more likely scenario would be to try to get a box office hit with a movie based on a story that already has thematic similarities with Critter Country or takes place in the American south, etc.

Kind of like how some people (not necessarily me) think that Frozen was created with Matterhorn in mind as possible source material for a future Matterhorn makeover/incorporation into a Frozen land, should the movie be a success (which of course it was).