TPR at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2016

Best Halloween Event in Orlando!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

TPR at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2016

Postby robbalvey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:28 am

It's been an annual event for us at least the past 15 years and last night's event was probably the best ever! Not only did we have an awesome group costume as "Epcot World Showcase" (thanks Kristen) but the volume of candy they handed out this year was INSANE and overall it's just nice to be in the park with a limited amount of guests which makes wait times for attractions short and the overall vibe of the night amazing! Read through the photos below and you can see why we had an incredible time!

Look at where we are tonight!

There is a big group of us here tonight! Can you guess what we are dressed as?

That's right! Tonight we are dressed as Epcot World Showcase for #MNSSHP! All countries represented along with Spaceship Earth!

Love the new "check in" area for MNSSHP! Get your bag, some candy, and you're ready to go!

Yay! WDW loves our Epcot themed #MNSSHP costume! MT: @WDWToday: We LOVE this! It's so creative and the perfect #NotSoScary group costume!

We have been seeing some amazing costumes tonight! Love that someone dressed as Gadget from Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers!

Would you vote "Dallas for President?"

We were supposed to be at #MNSSHP night of Hurricane Matthew. WDW was awesome, switched our tickets so we made buttons to celebrate!

And of course the best part of MNSSHP? Getting treats from the candy girls!

There's a lot of fog in Frontierland! That means the Headless Horseman is coming out soon!

Watch your heads everyone! The Headless Horseman is here and he wants YOURS!!!

I absolutely love love LOVE the new Wreck-It Ralph/Sugar Rush Racers part of Boo To You parade!

Cynthia & Juan... Best candy crew of the night!!! LOVE THEM!!!

Yes!!! David S. Pumpkins totally showed up for #MNSSHP!

OMG!!! This guy came to #MNSSHP dressed as the Main Street Electrical Parade! LOVE IT!!!! #BaconStripNeverForget

The candy crews have been AWESOME tonight!!! Sooooo much candy!

Mental note! Stitch's Great Escape makes a MUCH better candy stop than it does an attraction! ;)

This PhotoPass pic they were doing with the light stick background is AWESOME!!!

Even Anna & Elsa love riding Space Mountain!

IMG_5236.JPG

Nozzy is fully ready to ride Space Mountain!

I love our Space Mountain pics tonight! A salute to Spaceship Moon! Well, mostly Garbles! ;)

So nice to be able to ride a roller coaster in Orlando without having to put everything in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo!!! Or go through a metal detector... Or get wanted by security...'

Once again, the "Big Top" crew have been totally amazing! Thank you! You guys rock!

I *LOVE* how they dress up the Ghost Hosts at the Haunted Mansion for MNSSHP!

Great Scott!!! We found Marty & Doc Brown! Their DeLorean took them to @WDWToday instead of @UniversalORL! Hope they get home ok! :)

One more pic of us dressed as Epcot World Showcase at MNSSHP! This has been a FANTASTIC event!

And of course, the final "candy score" from MNSSHP tonight! Seriously had a great time! My favorite Halloween event in Orlando!
(the dollar is just there to show scale!) If you live in Orlando or are planning a visit, October is the best time of year and make SURE you get to this event!!!!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:41 am.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Re: TPR at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2016

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:43 am

How did David S. Pumpkins get in? He's the scariest Halloween personality ever.

Also, you keep mentioning Garbles but all I'm seeing is

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:54 am

^ How's this for comparison?
garbles_or_krake.jpg

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:56 am

^ Why'd you just post the same picture as me? I'm confused. :lmao:

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:02 am

KBrylczyk wrote:^ Why'd you just post the same picture as me? I'm confused. :lmao:

:nina: :nina: :nina:

That's enough candy to fill hundreds of bags o crap. Looks like a ton of fun!
Cincy -> Chicago

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby The Great Zo » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:19 pm

One of the most creative, well-coordinated ideas I've ever seen!

Canada wins, though, because hockey.

Close second to Krakeship Earth.
-- Andy

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:31 pm

The Great Zo wrote:One of the most creative, well-coordinated ideas I've ever seen!

Kristen says thank you! This was all her idea.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby IdahoKat » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Looks like a very fun time!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Looks like fun! Disney has never been my cup of tea for amusement parks, but there is no arguing that they know how to put on an event! All that candy! :lover:

Question: why does Disney have such a lenient loose article policy? How do they get away with it while most other parks require fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and/or securing articles in pockets?
Steel: 122 -- Wood: 20 -- Total: 142
Twitter & Instagram: @nlamoreaux99

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:12 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Question: why does Disney have such a lenient loose article policy? How do they get away with it while most other parks require fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and/or securing articles in pockets?

I don't know, but what is interesting is how Disney is really one of the main trend setters of the industry and how they have this and other parks don't. And some people like to say "well, Disney rides aren't as extreme" but I can carry anything I want to on Rock N Roller Coaster which launches to 55MPH in the dark and goes upside down several times.

I really wish other parks would follow suit, especially a certain competing park that not only won't let you carry on any loose items, but makes you put EVERYTHING including your phone in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, go through a metal detector, and even get wanded like you're going through TSA. Want to know how much fun it is to stand in an hour long line when you're not even allowed to have your phone? Not fun at all. I refuse to ride another coaster where I have to walk through a metal detector in order to ride. No coaster is worth that volume of stupidity.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:13 pm.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!