TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Had a great day at the park today. Loved Black Mamba and Taron! Taron reminded me of a slightly lesser version of Maverick, just not quite as out of control as Maverick.

The lines weren't too bad, Taron was about an hour all day with all the other rides 30/45 mins. Pretty nice touch that they kept the park open an extra hour till 7 as it was busy.

Thanks to whoever the Freddy Schilling burger joint, we went there after and had a great dinner.

An awesome day overall, Expedition GeForce tomorrow!

IMG_20161002_221153029.thumb.jpg.3de4abbdde44d5cc78c38c7d4903b1f0.jpg

^ AWESOME VIDEO!!!

It was perfect, for me. And the soundtrack was awesome, too!

It took me back to my past visits, without the new coasters, LOL.

Great video and thanks for putting it together and sharing it!

^ AWESOME VIDEO!!!

It was perfect, for me. And the soundtrack was awesome, too!

It took me back to my past visits, without the new coasters, LOL.

Great video and thanks for putting it together and sharing it!

Glad you liked it Phantasialand is an amazing fun themepark. They got big plans for the future!

^ I agree. This park and Europa are really two of my favourite European parks (and Efteling).

And I have been lucky enough to visit them at least twice, thanks to Robb and Elissa!

973590848_ResizeofK-05.jpg.2af22afc482f8c3edec407bd7ea4d31d.jpg

Me and ______ and Jon, at Phantasialand . TPR 2010 Europe Tour.

Phantasialand certainly aren't taking a break after Klugheim. There has been a lot of activity on the new construction site, which is around the same size as Klugheim, and used to be home to Race for Atlantis and some event buildings.

Today a large drill was delivered to the site.

Photos from the Phantafriends forum.

20161012_082938.jpg.31fb46223becf5042c03d6ac05041f6a.jpg

20161012_083230.thumb.jpg.f393f741c14ec163e635dac72eff69e8.jpg

Still no idea what sort of attraction(s) it will be. (I'm hoping for a new dark ride) However the next Phantasialand mega project is on its way!

^This are very good news. Phantasialand is an amazing Park, easily a European top 10. It's only lack is quantity, because the quality of Black Mamba and Taron/Klugheim is incredible. I can't wait to hear more news about this. If it starts to get bigger and bigger it could be on par with Europa soon!

^ it's highly unlikely that the park will become as big as Europa Park because of its location. On one side of the park there are residents living so the park can't expand there. On another side there is the highway. On the third and last side there is a natural reserve. The park has been trying to get a permission to expand onto the natural reserve area (under strict conditions, e.g. buying compensation areas) for more than 10 years now.

Residents living close to the park, environmentalist, a garden club and some politicians have dragged the process on forever. At the moment it looks kinda positive, but when and if at all a expansion is happening is still unclear. The park has always had these problems (noise, height restrictions, space) and while it sometimes feels frustrating, I share the sentiment with others that these problems are what nurtured the creativity, which made the park so unique.

But even if an expansion is happening, I would keep my expectations in check. The last public plans of Phantasialand spoke of an Aquapark and a concert hall on the new land as well as removing administration building from the park area. Yet these plans are now again quite old and the plans before that looked totally different. So nobody knows what will happen.

For the next years it will most likely be replacement of old attractions (Temple of the Night Hawk / Hollywood Tour, Geisterrikscha)

Speaking of the new construction area mentioned above: Depending on how much administration/maintenance they move the area can get a lot bigger than Klugheim. Although this has been mentioned before, I again want to to point to an interview with the Lead Designer of Phantasialand. He mentions there that the new area will be bigger/more expensive than Klugheim.

Last but not least a PSA:

On the 28th of October there is "Tag der Brühler" where everyone living in Brühl or going to school in Brühl can visit the park for free. Yes you read that right: Everyone! Not only will the park rammed, but also every moron who doesn't give a f*** can enter. You have been warned.

Edited by Taron

At the moment any visit on the weekend should be highly discouraged. There are three reasons for it (plus good weather):

a) School Holidays

b) Season comes to an end, so the 2-for-1 tickets handed out earlier in the year need to be used

c) Taron

Some things from today:

Packed beyond relief on a Sunday in October (never saw that before). Taron at 90-120mins (never saw that before in October), all others > 30 min (also never saw that in October). Also loads of fans and enthusiasts in the park.

Update on the building site:

Drill is in place.

Nooooooo, we are visiting and staying in the Africa Hotel on the 28th and leaving on the 30th, staying with a 4 and 1 year old.

Absolutely gutted about the 28th, did loads of research had no idea. Visiting from the UK it's quite a big deal for us as its so expensive at the minute and we don't get to travel as much now we have two young kids.

Ok, the 28th will suck, but you´ll get the park done in 2 days (or do you go three?).

Traveling with kids and staying on-site, I would go in early and do the Fantasy Area with the kids, take a break and return to the park in the afternoon, because the day visitors (mostly those with kids) tend to leave earlier because the kids get tired. The school holiday situation should be ok by the 28th weekend, and a big advantage is that there´s no halloween event, so the 29th could turn out calm.

Also be aware that there is "babyswitch" available, I don´t know how it works, but just ask at the hotel. As far as I understand it you and a partner can queue once, and each of you can ride, while the other watches the kids.

Thanks for the advice, the most frustrating thing is if I had just known I could have booked the weekend before easily.

My daughter is 1.05 meters tall now so will really love the mine train, temple of the night hawk and the new family coaster. Any idea on the best time to hit these on the Friday and Saturday.

Unfortunately we have to drive back to Dunkirk on the Sunday morning to catch a ferry so Friday and Saturday are the days.

Your help is appreciated.

Sorry for the delay in answering, but I have some great input for you.

First of all, if your coming in on the 28th and staying onsite for two nights, you´ll have TWO EVENINGS of ERT for Hotel Guests and Passholders on Taron and Raik - and the whole Klugheim Area. If your daughter can ride Colorado, I´m sure she can ride Raik as well which is awesome, especially with that ERT access, and Klugheim in the dark. Plus, you can go mad on Taron. As I said, I managed to tuck in about 15-25 rides in one hour, I just lost count because it was so awesome to stay seated on that coaster.

I wasn´t even sure if that was still being done as I used the passholder ERT weeks ago (it´s only allowed once per passholder, so the lines stay non existent. This is really a "stay seated or walk around back to the staion" ERT.), but as I found out, I thought I´d have to tell you that this is a thing. Use it. Ignore Klugheim for the rest of the day. This is your chance to ride one of the best coasters on this planet as many times as you can stand it.

Regarding the rest of the park, it´s actually quite simple.

Temple of the Nighthawk rarely is a problem, even on busy days. That ride never goes over 5 minutes waiting as it is basically a boring rollercoaster in the dark. Take your kids on Würmling Express - it´s much more fun with small Children. Hollywood Tour might get them scared, but theres still other wonderful kiddie rides that are worth checking out around Wuze Town (the Drop Ride in there and also the Winjas) and the whole Fantasy Area.

Colorado should not be a problem if you tackle it either early in the morning or in the afternoon. It will be crowded during lunch time though, as the main food outlets are close to it and many people think it´s a good idea to ride that after lunch.

When staying on-site on weekends, with kids, be aware that the hotels offer loads of stuff and also entertainment for the kids. While the locals come in with their kids to ride everything at 9 am, chances are quite good that they´ll leave around 2-3pm as the kids get tired. That is the point where you should go into the park and smile while all the other families leave.

Thanks for the reply.

The ERT sounds great but I have read through the booking information and it doesn't say anything about ERT anywhere. Don't get me wrong this would be amazing but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Thanks for the tips of Cororado and the fantasy area.

Thanks for the reply.

The ERT sounds great but I have read through the booking information and it doesn't say anything about ERT anywhere. Don't get me wrong this would be amazing but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I just returned from a visit myself and it said nothing on the booking confirmation about the ERT. But it is free for ALL hotelguests They give you bracelets for it when you check in

Thanks for the reply.

I tried looking for an English version, yet oddly I was only able to find the a German version for the ERT: http://www.phantasialand.de/de/hotels/klugheim-exklusiv/

Here is my basic translation of the interesting tidbits:

In the time until the 31st of October we offer all hotel guests the exclusive opportunity to use the world record rollercoasters TARON and RAIK 30 minutes after park closure. For one hour you can take your extra rounds!

[..]

This offer is only available to hotel guests with a payed park ticket.

I hope this helps to cheer you up a little after I was the one to shock you earlier. Just ask at the reception when you check in.

So as DaveDowning already said, completely ignore Klugheim during normal opening hours. Most people agree that its better in the evening anyways. In the morning head for Winjas and Fantasy Area, then Chiapas (depending on weather) since those can get quite busy. Maybe do Black Mamba after that if times are ok and then just go for the less crowded attractions and do the rest on the next day. The kiddie rides are also usually less crowded. The park has a list of its attractions with height restrictions if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.phantasialand.de/en/park/attractions-overview/

As Dave Downing already mentioned there is also Baby Switch, so one of the adults can stay with the kid(s), and the other can ride. When the one riding comes off the person that stayed with the kid(s) can directly skip the queue. Not sure if they do this on busy days of if at all, but try asking if you can take your daughter again if she fits ride restrictions. I was always curious if they let kids ride twice. You can also borrow buggies or bollis at guest services. More info here:

http://www.phantasialand.de/en/park/be-our-guest-information/service/

I hope this helps.

At the moment any visit on the weekend should be highly discouraged. There are three reasons for it (plus good weather):

a) School Holidays

b) Season comes to an end, so the 2-for-1 tickets handed out earlier in the year need to be used

c) Taron

Some things from today:

Packed beyond relief on a Sunday in October (never saw that before). Taron at 90-120mins (never saw that before in October), all others > 30 min (also never saw that in October). Also loads of fans and enthusiasts in the park.

Update on the building site:

Drill is in place.

Just seen this post now. You say to avoid the park on weekends, but how is it mid week, since I'm there staying on site from the 24th to the 28th.

Just seen this post now. You say to avoid the park on weekends, but how is it mid week, since I'm there staying on site from the 24th to the 28th.

Total emptiness in the park except for taron probably having a 30 minute queue time. School holidays are over next week, so that shouldn't be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I should report back, we visited last Friday and Saturday and stayed in the hotel Matamba.

The park was unbelievably busy on the Friday but the queue times weren't that bad, Colorado no more than 20 minutes, Maus De Chocolate about the same. I think many people just come in for free to take a look around the park. Saturday wasn't far of in terms of people and queue times were only slightly longer. There are some pinch points in the park when it gets that busy though which make it difficult to get around.

My 4 year old loved Colorado Adventure so we probably rode 10 times over the two days. The hotel ERT really is great, you basically have the whole area to yourself with front and back row waits only generally 1 train, although the hotel is expensive so you certainly pay for it. Thought Taron was excellent, especially the second half and Raik is a great family coaster....although not as good as Colorado Adventure.

We stayed in the Chinese hotel about 8 years ago and thought it very nice, hotel Matamba is a better family hotel, the separate tented room is very helpful if you have kids. Being completely honest I thought the whole package of 2 nights/2 days in park a little expensive. It's pretty much the same price as Europa Park and they just don't have the same amount of attractions but overall we had a great time.

Can't believe how close the houses are to the park.

• 2 weeks later...

How do the restraints on Taron compare to Skyrush? Both use overhead lap bars, and I can confirm that the ones on Skyrush are far from pleasant, but I've heard a lot of good about Mack's overhead lap bars that I'm wondering what improvements Intamin has made since 2012.