TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

p. 118 - EPCOT Destination D23 news roundup!

Awesome Report. I'll skip all the food and drink my butt off around the World. Some of those selections on drinks looked intriguing. Have you guys ever "Drank Around the World" and tried every drink?

Jimmy "Best part of the year at Epcot!" Bo

Joey (Jewy) tried it one year and ended up in first aid!

Awesome Report. I'll skip all the food and drink my butt off around the World. Some of those selections on drinks looked intriguing. Have you guys ever "Drank Around the World" and tried every drink?

Ah, yes--that was, indeed, a memorable day.

I had a buddy try it once, we lost him and like an hour later found him napping in some bushes backstage in Morocco. Some guys just can't handle Epcot.

Here are my tips for successfully drinking your way around the world at Epcot (while actually remembering it)...

* Do it during the Food & Wine or the Spring Flower & Garden Festival. The country food stalls have smaller drink samples so you can still technically drink your way around the world while still managing to be a respectable park guest.

* Do not skip the food. Not only is it amazing, but it helps absorb some of the alcohol.

* Try not to just drink beer. Even with smaller portions, you will get full quickly. Take some time for a tequila shot in Mexico, Sambuca in Italy or the weird tasting effed up liquor that they were serving in Norway.

* Space it out. We got there around noon, went in and hit the first four countries on the right, went back and did some of the attractions in the front of the park, went back for a few more countries, back to the front of the park and so forth.

* Have a water every now and again if it's hot out!

* Captain Obvious says to make sure that no matter what...you have a DD or are staying onsite!

Have fun and make sure to take photos and post a report!

682786910_Florida_March_2014210.JPG.1968a30aebc9bbd4c9dad5a46be560be.JPG

The final gulp of beer at the end of Illumigaytions to complete my quest to drink my way around the world!

1497262459_Florida_March_2014188.thumb.JPG.3922ecc876a1249ea7ee733634e15276.JPG

Here is that crazy Scandinavian liquor.

992225334_Florida_March_2014190.thumb.JPG.d27465c17a397eb254eda2ef55e4db44.JPG

Michael wasn't a fan. At all. LMAO!

105852124_Florida_March_2014192.JPG.abb932f5e8e01cfa443dc7de4d78f833.JPG

It was a bit perplexing in taste, but reminded me a bit of moonshine.

518837058_Florida_March_2014195.thumb.JPG.dab240f49272c09e0cd1e1282516cea6.JPG

When in Mexico, you have to go with the pure agave tequila shooter!

Here is that crazy Scandinavian liquor.

Michael wasn't a fan. At all. LMAO!

It was a bit perplexing in taste, but reminded me a bit of moonshine.

It's common in Norway to have a shot of this together with the Christmas dinner (along with wine, beer and whatever the kids are drinking). And for the record I'm not a fan either... at all! LOL! I usually take a small shot though for the social part, but I have yet to experience one I like.

By the way, do they still serve Carlsberg beer in Norway? First of all it's Danish and not Norwegian, but most important it would improve our pavilion tremendously if they actually started serving some decent beer...

For the record, at least I went there on my own accord

^ I'll remind myself to keep this in reserve, and offer it to him, if me and David have one of our classic theme park arguments.

(If and when we ever make it to the EPCOT Wine & Food Festival. Yum!)

• 2 weeks later...

CuAq3yAWAAAeGPP.jpg

It's been a few days since we did an Epcot Food & Wine lunch lap! So let's fix that problem today!

CuA0Uw6WAAIuv0d.jpg

CuA0Uw5W8AAqEAJ.jpg

First stop is Hawaii for some pork sliders!

CuA60rEXgAA5xK9.jpg

Next up let's spend some time in Italy!

CuA8gBvWcAA-fn2.jpg

CuA8gB8WAAERrUW.jpg

CuA8gB7WgAAzAr1.jpg

CuA8gB5WYAApM6B.jpg

Yes! Obviously this donkey cart is "TPR Approved!" And you can stop here to get some delicious Limon/Orangecello!

CuA-xEpUMAAGAdd.jpg

CuA-xEqUMAAvqcX.jpg

CuA-xFoVYAQb6jC.jpg

CuA-xFqVYAA-FEp.jpg

Pizza, Meatball Sandwich & Prosecco from the Via Napoli Pizza Window? Oh YES PLEASE! We are told the pizza window will be open through January 3rd!

CuBFk-_WEAEqswP.jpg

CuBFk_OWEAAsWQv.jpg

CuBFk_NWIAQNWqG.jpg

CuBFk_ZWEAAmrkd.jpg

The Italy booth offers classic Italian dishes that are always a crowd favorite!

CuBJF4YWcAE1Oau.jpg

CuBJF4WXYAE7SDr.jpg

CuBJF4XXgAE1cyd.jpg

Want amazing drinks? The "adult beverage" offerings in Italy at Epcot are just fantastic! That frozen Margarita... OMG! And you can get that one at the Food & Wine Italy booth!

IMG_3046.thumb.JPG.404a50882b0ff4ef3f919c4d7403a893.JPG

The Chew was here filming today! Didn't go check it out though. But we did get to see the backside of Mario Batali! lol

IMG_3053.thumb.JPG.c9b0abfb3385a825ad6b1111c55df957.JPG

....and of course it wouldn't be a Food & Wine lunch lap without Elissa getting her potstickers!

That's all for this visit! Until next time.... Be sure to check out our "Food & Wine in Two Minutes" video below...

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

How is the park holding up after the storm? Any damage?

Haven't been down yet, but based on my stroll around Disney Springs last night, I doubt it. Honestly, the storm wasn't even as bad as some of our daily Orlando storms in this area.

How is the park holding up after the storm? Any damage?

Straight line distance we're less than 10 miles from the parks. I cleaned up 1/2 a bag of leaves and small twigs from our property. I drove around a lot today (KT had a party to attend and we went out to lunch) and didn't see anything significant from Touristy Orlando up to Winter Garden. We even have this large dead oak branch that I was hoping would fall down and it didn't!

Glad to hear no real damage in the Orlando area from Matthew.

I haven't really watched any news so not sure how bad New Smyrna got it. It's sad that my friends (married couple) from work just bought a place about a mile from the beaches there less than one month ago. This is (or was) going to be their retirement retreat in the winter once they leave the company in five years. I'm hoping that they tell me Monday that there wasn't any damage to the house, but I was worried when they said that it was one of the areas that took a pretty good wallop.

On another note, your food with the orangecello and limoncello cocktails - oh my. Luckily when I was reading this latest update, I was in the midst of eating a ham, swiss, onion, jalapeno omelette with a couple strips of bacon and toast for brunch so I wasn't "too" jealous.

I think that I actually might have the ingredients to make both of those Italian cocktails so I might have to try them some night!

• 1 month later...

With the announcement today that major changes are coming to Epcot, this confirms Disney is doubling down on what I call the "DCA effect." Its become clear Disney has purposely been holding off on building big new rides the past decade in order to do these massive renovations and expansions (DTD, DAK, DHS, and now Epcot). Itll be interesting to see what happens after all the current projects are complete.

^Care to elaborate? I've been trying to figure out what you're talking about since yesterday, but as far as Google ccan tell me, there have been no announcements regarding EPCOT.

I can't find anything on it except for Screamscape reporting it as news late last night (note: this doesn't mean I'm taking it as news). Here ya go:

General Park News - (11/21/16) During a presentation Disney's Bob Chapek mentioned that Epcot would be the next park to undergo a "major transformation" in the near future. According to some of our sources, nothing is 100% set in stone yet for Epcot, but there are major plans in the works with a multi-year budget that is said to dwarf what Disney spent on fixing Disney California Adventure.

So what's rumored to be in the works? We've heard a number of things so far... including the obvious and long-in-the-tooth rumor about installing a brand new edition of "Illiuminations" to entertain park guests each and every night around World Showcase. Speaking of World Showcase... despite what people may be hoping for, I'm hearing that new country pavilions are NOT being planned right now. However, I am hearing that a new dark ride IS being planned for World Showcase that will be added into an existing pavilion. While I'm not sure exactly what this would be right now, perhaps the easiest idea may be to clone the Ratatouille dark ride that was built in Paris at the France pavilion, though I'm all for something brand new as well.

So with all that in mind, it seems obviously that the lion’s share of the budget will go towards a complete overhaul of the Future World side of the park, including some much needed overhauls to many of the existing pavilions. The rumor that has been getting the most attention latest has been a plan to build a Guardian of the Galaxy themed dark coaster ride to take the place of the Universe of Energy pavilion, and I can only assume this plan will likely move forwards sooner than later. Then to address the elephant in the room, the idle former Wonders of Life pavilion is also in dire need of being given a new purpose. Other projects I'm guessing we'll see is another upgrade to Spaceship Earth, maybe Mission: Space, fix up the old Innoventions/Communicore areas and time to try something new at the Imagination pavilion.