TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Screamscape is reporting rumors that stitch will be replaced with a wreck it Ralph attraction of some kind.

Replacing it with corn dog stand would be a distinct improvement.

From what I have heard and read, the park is keeping close eyes on the storm. They are preparing for it by taking a lot of tables, trash cans, and other things like that behind scenes.

"With the aforementioned hurricane watch now in effect for Orange County, Walt Disney World has deployed a number of specialty-trained Cast Members to begin what is known as a park-wide “tie down” which essentially involves removing all loose items around the parks and hotels, including trash bins, tables, chairs and anything else not firmly attached to the ground, and storing them in a secure location where they won't be blown around by the wind. In addition, anything that is loose but attached to a building (like a hanging sign or banner) is being tied down and secured with rope and zip ties (which, as you might suspect, is where this process gets its name). In addition, you'll probably see a scale back for in-park entertainment over the next few days (especially those that require any substantial props), as Disney will be putting away everything it can in preparation for the storm. "

They are also letting people cancel or change their In addition, you'll probably see a scale back for in-park entertainment over the next few days (especially those that require any substantial props), as Disney will be putting away everything it can in preparation for the storm. with no fees.

Yeah, that's pretty standard practice. I work in the travel industry, and it's what's known as a flex policy. Basically guests are allowed to change or cancel a reservation free of any penalties, since it's out of anyone's control. I actually have quite a bit of experience with the business side of Disney resorts, and they're one of the best in the industry at taking care of their guests.

I wonder where they are relocating guests to, like to other resorts on property? I could see some of the resorts being in lover level flood plains areas and that kinda thing so maybe they're removing guest from those resorts and filling rooms in other locations.

Oreo churro ice cream sandwiches.

Oreo churro ice cream sandwiches.

OREO CHURRO ICE CREAM SANDWICHES????

Yeah, I noted that too. I must remember to check that out, on my next visit.

• 3 weeks later...

D23 has sent us a press release announcing the celebration of Mickey Mouse's birthday including festivities at the Walt Disney World Resort!

To celebrate his upcoming birthday, Mickey Mouse is embarking on a trip around the world, where he will make surprise appearances in iconic, real-world locations to delight his fans and friends. These magical moments chronicling Mickey’s global adventures will be captured and shared on Disney’s Mickey Mouse Facebook page, culminating with the debut of a video highlighting Mickey’s travels featuring an upbeat new song, “What We Got.” The video will debut on the big day: November 18. Mickey fans are encouraged to join the celebration on social media using #HappyBirthdayMickey.

In advance of Mickey’s birthday, Disney has launched the Mickey Mouse Instagram account (@MickeyMouse). Following on the popularity of the Mickey Mouse Facebook page, which has more than 13 million followers, Mickey’s Instagram page will showcase videos and images including Mickey’s global travels, as well as his appearances in Disney films, television shows, and theme parks.

On Mickey’s birthday, select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as Disney Stores in the United States, will be distributing commemorative “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons. Disneyland Park in Anaheim will host a special pre-parade birthday celebration for Mickey, and at Magic Kingdom Park in Orlando, characters and performers will dance in a special birthday-themed edition of the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party.

Also on November 18, Disney Channel will air the Emmy®-winning new Mickey Mouse shorts throughout the day and premiere two new cartoon series featuring Mickey Mouse. On Mickey Meows Club, the feline hosts of a web-based talk show provide their own “cat”-mentary on Mickey’s incredible performances in their favorite shorts. Mickey’s How Not To will provide viewers with a humorous series of informative tips on how not to do things, using Mickey’s funniest fails and moments from the latest cartoons. Plus, that day Disney Junior will debut the teaser for the upcoming series Mickey and the Roadster Racers.

In addition, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, Oh My Disney, Babble, and other Disney sites will be posting Mickey-related videos, galleries, stories, crafts, recipes, and shareables leading up to and on his birthday.

Mickey’s birthday is celebrated in honor of the release of his first theatrical film, Steamboat Willie, on November 18, 1928 at the Colony Theatre in New York City. Since then, he has starred in more than 100 cartoons and can currently be seen on Disney Channel in the Mickey Mouse cartoon series.

MickeyMouseBirthday_lowres.jpg.8d0cabe480310bd390ef558cc922d391.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/10/once-upon-a-time-projection-show-begins-november-4/

oa10923fi.thumb.jpg.7871ea160d97986a5a40f7dc1adaa20e.jpg

Today we’re happy to announce that a new nighttime projection show, “Once Upon a Time,” will debut at Magic Kingdom Park on November 4.

In this new show, Mrs. Potts from “Beauty and the Beast” shares bedtime stories with Chip, taking them (and all of us) on a magical trip through the most adventurous scenes from favorite Disney films like “Cinderella,” “Peter Pan,” “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.”

Scenes that are expected to be guest-favorites include a flight with Peter Pan from London to Never Land, the Mad Hatter’s whimsical tea party, and a daring duel between Gaston and Beast. Mrs. Potts and Chip end their bedtime story with a grand finale that includes appearances by characters from even more Disney films.

The show, which was inspired by one of a similar name at Tokyo Disneyland Park, uses projection mapping technology to cover every nook and cranny of Cinderella Castle in vibrant images that appear almost three-dimensional.

“Once Upon A Time” will replace the current “Celebrate the Magic” projection show, which will end its run on November 3. Check your My Disney Experience app for times and more information.

oa76847362.jpg.4e99f75c237e1d45653e8326dce903a6.jpg

oa778475884.jpg.fd374872a98e8d7545a286570d1226d8.jpg

oa998989.jpg.e4266d64f7df7c9ceb64ea963f8a1b16.jpg