TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

p. 118 - EPCOT Destination D23 news roundup!

Food & Wine Festival opened on Wednesday and of course we were there! We will be at the media event on Saturday so we will have more to share this weekend. But for now, here's some pics...

CsUeG6rWIAEvkt1.jpg

Today is opening day for @WDWToday #EpcotFoodFestival! Our absolute favorite annual theme park event!

CsUgErgXYAArT1N.jpg

CsUgEraW8AAbK_o.jpg

The #EpcotFoodFestival is open daily! Let's go check it out!

CsUgwv4W8AA9KNV.jpg

CsUgwv7WYAAQYOf.jpg

CsUgwwYXYAQ7KxP.jpg

CsUgwyjWAAAIolB.jpg

Here's a look at some of this years #EpcotFoodFestival merchandise! Love the new logos!

CsUiT8lWgAIRcBR.jpg

CsUiTomW8AAaNvA.jpg

CsUiTolW8AAakmF.jpg

2016 #EpcotFoodFestival guide includes booth stickers! No more holding up lines to get stamps! Great idea!

CsUlOn1XYAAijMg.jpg

CsUlOn1XEAQCiQW.jpg

CsUlOoEW8AE02jk.jpg

#EpcotFoodFestival food booths getting ready to open for their first time this year!

CsUltYCXEAA45kV.jpg

Once again, @ElissaAlvey is first in line for Pot Stickers in China!

CsUsVkUWAAAPcZy.jpg

CsUsVkVWEAA0ABd.jpg

CsUsVkdW8AA00-g.jpg

Our first stop @WDWToday #EpcotFoodFestival is China!

CsUuA2JXEAAUnF-.jpg

Unfortunately they've radically changed the PotSticker sauce this year. Sadly, It's not good.

CsUwQ_LWIAEgCH7.jpg

Compared to previous years, the Potsticker sauce is now like a BBQ sauce. Flavor is disappointing. It's very strange because this seems like a very unusual choice for potsticker sauce.

CsUySsSXYAUz381.jpg

CsUySseXgAAhNtB.jpg

CsUySseWAAANQHj.jpg

Here's a look at Africa!

CsUzLbgXEAECDN9.jpg

CsUzLcUXgAAyhfZ.jpg

The Italy pavilion is a little taste of @realtuttoitalia

CsUzxI8XYAANurY.jpg

Everyone will be Wang Chunging tonight!

CsU0ZmYWcAA5AkG.jpg

CsU0ZmYXgAABfqc.jpg

You can always find some good stuff in Japan!

CsU1NfKWEAAogX6.jpg

CsU1NffXEAAJ2hh.jpg

CsU1NffWIAAmBac.jpg

CsU1Nf5XYAEANDa.jpg

The new Hummus Fries in Morocco are FANTASTIC! Now on the "must have" list!

CsU4H8pWYAAR-MM.jpg

CsU4H8qWIAA6abn.jpg

CsU4H9AWgAEnCB_.jpg

CsU4H9CWIAAuY_K.jpg

New #EpcotFoodFestival stickers are AWESOME! Eliminates line cutters & waiting for guests wanting stamps!

CsU8p9HWcAA6OOx.jpg

CsU8p9PWIAAVuGu.jpg

CsU8p9UXgAEtZ-a.jpg

CsU8p9UWEAArOEB.jpg

New France items also delicious! Onion soup & alcoholic push pops are thumbs up!

CsVA1pRWYAA95mA.jpg

CsVA1pTWYAA2b_t.jpg

CsVA1pQWgAAnp-2.jpg

We are celebrating another "fish free year" in Canada! YAY!!!

CsVCkiwXYAA0pvF.jpg

Always awesome running into TPR fans @WDWToday #Epcot! We love you guys!!!

CsVD_QxWEAEkwaG.jpg

CsVD_RGXEAQ2VE_.jpg

CsVD_RIXYAEyVzr.jpg

CsVD_RHWgAAa9HR.jpg

Menu items @WDWToday #EpcotFoodFestival Patagonia booth are always delicious!

CsVGt5gXEAAYkQI.jpg

CsVGt50WIAgyAsx.jpg

CsVGt50WAAAyKaa.jpg

New "Islands of the Caribbean" area had some great looking dishes!

CsVNyxrUsAE3qw5.jpg

CsVNyxsVIAAVyRO.jpg

CsVNyxsUMAEsgqa.jpg

CsVNyxsUEAEHDcX.jpg

The new "Next Eats" area has old favorites along with new items!

CsVQSz0UIAATe8Q.jpg

CsVQSzgUsAARvaU.jpg

Some @WDWToday #EpcotFoodFestival items that will help you make your visit even easier!

CsVX9NPVMAAkyG7.jpg

CsVX9NSUEAEWIJ6.jpg

CsVX9NQUsAAf4ED.jpg

Wrapping up this visit @WDWToday #EpcotFoodFestival with the always awesome and now "@TheChew approved" Pork Slider!

CsVaDFnVIAAgi4A.jpg

CsVaDFoUkAAz-ui.jpg

See ya later #EpcotFoodFestival! We will be back for more on Saturday!

Edited by robbalvey

YAY....my favorite time of the year on TPR - Food and Wine time!

Those hummus fries look amazing! I have never been a fan of chick peas so therefore never had any desire to try hummus until I tried some at Michael's son and daughters house in Virginia last year...now I am hooked and LOVE it! I have even made my own on two separate occasions using lots of jalapenos, fresh garlic and cilantro.

So far I have seen at least one menu item from every country that just sounds absolutely amaze-balls - sure wish I was in Florida right now. Can't wait to see more!

Dude... I'm actually in the park right now, waiting for the Germany kiosk. Where were you guys??

Damn, you should have tweeted at us. We almost never check the forums when we are busy doing a media event, sorry. It's almost exclusively social media for us at those things!

Here's a little video we put together from today. Should have a whole report up soon!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

We hit the Food and Wine Fest on Saturday and I know it was a Saturday, and the first Saturday of the event but man it was crowded, like crowded to the point that we just kinda gave up and said we will try again sometime later this season. Every stand we came to had lines out of the of the extended ques into the pathways and the whole thing felt like a giant cluster. Again maybe it was just a late afternoon rush combined with the first Saturday but I hope the event hasn't reached the point where it's to popular for it's own good ya know.

On the other hand Future World was a bit slow so we still had a pretty solid day. An the diver aqualock water tube thingy was operating in the Seas Pavillion which I haven't seen in years, so that was pretty cool.

image1.JPG.a1fe1cc59d107774943df017090fcd7b.JPG

We hit the Food and Wine Fest on Saturday and I know it was a Saturday, and the first Saturday of the event but man it was crowded, like crowded to the point that we just kinda gave up and said we will try again sometime later this season. Every stand we came to had lines out of the of the extended ques into the pathways and the whole thing felt like a giant cluster. Again maybe it was just a late afternoon rush combined with the first Saturday but I hope the event hasn't reached the point where it's to popular for it's own good ya know.

Yeah, it was actually just fine on Saturday from about 11am - 4pm. We noticed it started getting REALLY packed when we went to go see Starship. As always, our best advice is to get there early! I don't think we waited more than 5 or 10 minutes for any food lines before 4pm.

Edited by robbalvey

^^Interesting that you had that problem. We were at the event hitting up food booths from 1-6pm on that same super busy Saturday and never waited more than 10 minutes. I agree the lines looked scary, pouring outside of the queues, and I was prepared to wait quite a bit but they moved faster than ever before in previous years. Next time, give it a try and wait. I really think they've improved their POS and delivery systems and they go quick.

^^Interesting that you had that problem. We were at the event hitting up food booths from 1-6pm on that same super busy Saturday and never waited more than 10 minutes. I agree the lines looked scary, pouring outside of the queues, and I was prepared to wait quite a bit but they moved faster than ever before in previous years. Next time, give it a try and wait. I really think they've improved their POS and delivery systems and they go quick.

Yeah the lines looked intimidating but they probably do go by faster than they look but the front of the showcase was slammed, I don't remember that many booths in the front but it's been a few years since I've been. We were in the park from like 2-6:30 and hit the Showcase around 5 so there might have been a late afternoon rush coming in for the evening or something. We're definitely going to be back at some point and will hit the event earlier in the day, preferably without kids next time!

^ That's right! I just remembered we DID wait in lines after Starship! We were in the "Chew" area and there were no lines for any of the food items we bought.

I saw "The Chew" advertised quite a bit and to be honest I don't have a clue what the heck that is, is it some kinda TV show or something? Never heard of it, but whatever it is the area looked great!

Forgive my ignorance since I have no idea if "WDW News Today" is a reliable source but this is blowing up my news feed today from pages that are generally pretty trustworthy. It's still a rumor, but apparently cast memebers are reporting a January 2017 closing date for Universe of Energy.

If it's true it's hardly a shocking development.

^More reliable than some of the Disney Click Bait sites but not the best out there!

Seriously though, like you said, none of this is a surprise including the date. We actually filmed a bit of the ride last week in anticipation of the closing.

Here is our update from the media event at Walt Disney World Epcot Food & Wine Festival! First up, a video! Please watch! You'll get everything you need to know about Food & Wine in two minutes! Volume UP!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Csj9HNIWYAAUgCs.jpg

Csj9HNEWgAAY2fP.jpg

This morning we are at Walt Disney World for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival media event!

CskAxMWWIAAqKUR.jpg

The Festival Center is where you can do all your Epcot Food & Wine Festival shopping!

CskB60zXEAAKP5U.jpg

CskB60xWIAE5aRF.jpg

CskB60yXEAAtG8p.jpg

Do we have any Dooney & Bourke fans? There's some exclusive Epcot Food & Wine Festival merch for you!

CskFr0IW8AAI5uM.jpg

CskFr0GWcAAUa6W.jpg

CskFr0qWAAIa4Z8.jpg

The Festival Center is also the place for food demonstrations & wine tasting seminars!

CskMGQzWYAAb7-k.jpg

CskMGRIWYAA7LtD.jpg

CskMGREW8AAsY6e.jpg

CskMGRRWAAAnNsP.jpg

The media event has begun! Lots of food to try!

CskO0RoXYAA0Ah1.jpg

Having some African butter chicken, Brazilian Pork Belly & an IPA! Delicious!

CskSWXaXYAAi77q.jpg

CskSWXbW8AAbEOm.jpg

Cheers! Enjoying the Festival Chardonnay & Pumpkin/Caramel Milkshake! Yum!

CskT-IjXgAIEsTF.jpg

CskT-IlW8AAmzo1.jpg

CskT-IzWIAEF7NY.jpg

Liquid nitrogen chocolate ice cream w/ warm whisky caramel? Yes please!!!

CskWCJaXEAA_92v.jpg

CskWCJoWgAATkRg.jpg

CskWCJoXEAAS-qT.jpg

Wow! This new smoked beef brisket from Hops & Barley is FANTASTIC!!!

CskZzFWWEAEwdiF.jpg

Iron Chef Morimoto from Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs arrived to talk about his sushi class!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cskd7p6WAAAAbov.jpg

Cskd7qFWgAAukiz.jpg

Cskd7qHWAAE3eD4.jpg

Cskd7qIXgAA9iYZ.jpg

Not only is the food at Epcot Food & Wine Festival wonderful but the staff that put it all together are amazing!

CskfHeAWcAEwCLn.jpg

CskfHd_W8AAO_g1.jpg

CskfHeAWcAA8XVj.jpg

CskfHeMWcAAtNwB.jpg

If you're into craft beer, this is the place you want to be!

CskjDCdWcAAQddY.jpg

CskjDCNWgAAVqaP.jpg

CskjDCKWAAAK8BQ.jpg

Making our way around the world now! First stop... Mexico!!!

CskjmNvWAAAHokN.jpg

We are VERY happy to report the correct potsticker sauce is BACK! Turns out, it was just an honest mistake on opening day! See our openig day report if you don't know what we are talking about. Kudos to Disney for fixing it!!!

Cskm5dMXgAA_HVf.jpg

Cskm5dOXgAA7yBh.jpg

Cskm5dMWgAA9cLh.jpg

Here's a look at some of the exclusive Annual Passholder merch!

CskrkPwW8AA_GrQ.jpg

CskrkPzWYAEqRnY.jpg

CskrkPxXgAUz1EY.jpg

All the food from the Poland booth looks sooooo good!

CskvGGSXgAA9dRj.jpg

CskvGGTWAAAfRW0.jpg

CskvGGYWYAA2ZMZ.jpg

CskvGGcXgAAjmfC.jpg

Love the Coke Freestyle and sense of humor at the Chase Lounge

Csk9q9BXYAA_FSO.jpg

Csk9q9QW8AAYaD0.jpg

Csk9q9RWgAAYYrs.jpg

Csk9q9QWIAAwZKd.jpg

Japan is my favorite place on Earth and the food is FANTASTIC!!!

Csk_gjyXgAQKT--.jpg

Csk_gjyWgAQdeIO.jpg

Csk_gjzW8AEOObo.jpg

Csk_gjlXgAAagax.jpg

Best new for 2016 food item of Epcot Food & Wine Festival has to go to the Moroccan Hummus Fries! YUM!!!

CslFLniWYAA53_6.jpg

CslFLnjXEAAqdrn.jpg

CslFLorXYAEU60e.jpg

Another lap of France means more Onion Soup and Strawberry Daiquiri Push Pop!

CslJ381WYAIsqsF.jpg

CslJ383WIAI6uk8.jpg

CslJ381WYAECzzN.jpg

Hands down my favorite item overall at Epcot Food & Wine Festival is still the Hawaiian Pork Slider!!!

CslglXNWYAQYYd1.jpg

Up next! We Built This City!!! Yes!!! Starship! These guys ROCK Epcot Food & Wine Festival!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CslwywbXgAEgjfj.jpg

CslwywYWYAAIOeW.jpg

CslwywYXEAA-Qp-.jpg

Heading home after another amazing @WDWToday Epcot Food & Wine Festival visit! We will be back (probably this week!)

Amazing.

I am most curious about those hummus fries and what they taste like. Do they make them out of a flavored hummus like red pepper, chipotle or garlic? Or is it just regular hummus with the extra flavor added in the exterior sauce?

Kudos for F&W to come up with such a unique culinary experience!

Amazing.

I am most curious about those hummus fries and what they taste like. Do they make them out of a flavored hummus like red pepper, chipotle or garlic? Or is it just regular hummus with the extra flavor added in the exterior sauce?

Kudos for F&W to come up with such a unique culinary experience!

To me they taste like Falafel. They're awesome and seem to be one of the more 'talked about' items this year.

^ Ahhhh...I never even made that connection as I have only had falafel once, although it makes sense with the chick peas and all.

The thing that I like is that Morocco incorporated something off the wall like that and added a Greek flair to it to create something that no one is probably offering anywhere else - bravo, Disney/Epcot!!

Awesome Report. I'll skip all the food and drink my butt off around the World. Some of those selections on drinks looked intriguing. Have you guys ever "Drank Around the World" and tried every drink?

Jimmy "Best part of the year at Epcot!" Bo