Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1303: A Celebration of Harry Potter 2017 photo report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Erik Johnson » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:36 am

I am guessing at least 8-10 years now. Quite a long time.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Erik Johnson wrote:You can now buy your HHN tickets at Publix.

Being a Floridian, this is the only way I can tell Halloween is almost upon us. :lol:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:01 am

Just moved down to the area for college and have a few questions about HHN.

-What are the ride lines usually like during HHN Friday nights? (October 21 is when I plan to go)
-How much of Diagon Alley will be open?
-How early should I plan to arrive before a Bill & Ted show? What are the odds of getting a selfie with them after the show?
-How willing are the scare zone characters to take selfies?
-I've heard about the conga line nature of the mazes, but how are the scare zone guest crowds?
-Cheap food/booze recommendations?
-How are the IOA crowds at this time?
-I plan to do few mazes (Chance), mainly sticking to the scare zones, Bill & Ted, and rides
Sleep feels like a distant dream.
A little pain never hurt anybody.

Parks: 19
Credits: 95 (19 wood/76 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:20 am

^
-October 21st and a Friday, maybe the busiest night to go out of any. Rip Ride Rockit will hit nearly 2 hours, every other attraction 30-45 at peak
-Diagon Alley is 100 percent open.
-30 minutes before is fine. 15 and you should get in to the first or last show. I've seen them taking pictures afterwards at random.
-Scare zone characters will be very willing to pose for pictures, but won't smile and will give a response in character/not speaking.
-Crowds not a problem in scare zones, except in Central Park area sometimes.
-Food ain't cheap. Simpsons and Leaky Cauldron for best value. Booze definitely not cheap. Beers come in big cans though.
-IOA is pretty dead during September, October and November. Some wait times will hit over an hour but the water rides will be very short and single rider for all the longer waits anyway.
-Get there early, Stay late, and the middle hours are busiest. Diagon is good to hit around 9-10 because every house will have an hour+ wait at that time.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:21 pm

We will have a full HHN 26 report soon, but for now here is a walk through video of the American Horror Story Maze:

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:31 pm

Halloween Horror Nights 26 - Opening Night Media Event!

TPR was at the opening night media event of Halloween Horror Nights 26 and we can't wait to share the photos and video with you! The icon of this years event is Chance, the sexy (and CRAZY) clown girlfriend of Jack. This years event is essentially a "sequel" of the iconic HHN25 from last year. This is the first time that they have attempted this as a theme, and I think it works very well to expand the Horror Nights universe! The events of this years Halloween Horror Nights continue where the last show of Carnival of Carnage last year left off. Jack is "missing" and Chance has been apprehended for the gruesome things she did during the show. Well, you can imagine how well that turns out!

Overall, I have to say that this year is AWESOME. I have been attending HHN since the very first one, 26 years ago and this ranks up there in the top 5 in terms of quality of houses. They scored big this year getting American Horror Story, and having The Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre,Halloween II and Krampus really bookend the top-notch original houses.

Halloween Horror Nights is really the premiere Halloween event in the country. It goes for 31 nights in September and October and features a whopping 9 NEW houses, 4 new scarezones, 2 shows and roaming hoards of chainsaw killers throughout the park. Oh - and you also have most of the rides open in the park with VERY little wait. Before we start off with the pictures, just some friendly tips if you are planning on going to the event!

- The event officially begins at 6:30pm,but they almost always will open the gate at 6. If you have tickets for the day, do "stay and scream" and get a head start on the crowds running to the mazes. Oh - and do American Horror Story first. The lines will NOT go down for it throughout the night.
- If you have only one night and want to try and fit it all in, you will need to get an Express Pass or RIP guided tour. Both are *WELL* worth the money and I have done both many times throughout the years.
- If you have multiple nights then you really should get the "Frequent Fear Pass" - this is a great deal and is basically an "annual pass" for the event. There are different levels of this that include various days and some now even include express passes.

First our walk through videos of two of the houses:
American Horror Story

Lunatics Playground 3D

OK - on to the photos!
01_Chance.jpg
Chance is waiting to welcome you into her twisted nightmare!
04_Chance.jpg
She really is delightfully creepy and she is surrounded by all of her psychotic minions.
IMG_0246.JPG
We are here! These iconic gates hold back all of your worst nightmares!
IMG_0253.JPG
Got our credentials and we are good to go!
IMG_0257.JPG
As we enter, the gates break and the chaos begins!
IMG_0261.JPG
We should rush to our safe media holding area before these guys get us!
IMG_0277.JPG
Time for a little food before the fun begins!
IMG_0274.JPG
Universal Studios does events right with tons of fun theming.
IMG_0278.JPG
Including mice and spiders in the popcorn!
IMG_0292.JPG
Finally chance ushers us in to start the event!
IMG_0296.JPG
We got to hear from the cast of The Walking Dead and their experiences going through their house.
17_Halloween II.jpg
The first house was Halloween II - Hell Comes to Haddonfield.
IMG_0305.JPG
This was a GREAT house that started right where the last Halloween house in 2014 left off.
18_Halloween II.jpg
Michael Myers is going to get you!
19_Halloween II.jpg
And this time he is PISSED!
25_Tomb of the Ancients - original content.jpg
Tomb of the Ancients was next! This dark and claustrophobic house was FILLED with creatures you would expect to find in an ancient tomb. A top notch original house.

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:52 pm

Part 2 of our Halloween Horror Nights 26 Media Night TR!
14_Texas Chain Saw Massacre.jpg
Texas Chainsaw Massacre was next and it didn't disappoint!
IMG_0310.JPG
Leatherface was around every corner ready to get you!
15_Texas Chain Saw Massacre.jpg
TONS of scares and you can't even let your guard down when you leave the house!
09_The Walking Dead.jpg
The Walking Dead house this year had all of your favorite scenes and is my favorite of the TWD houses so far.
IMG_0323.JPG
TONS of walkers... everywhere! I mean this house has just a ton of scareactors.
IMG_0320.JPG
Bicycle Girl is even in it!
24_Ghost Town - original content.jpg
Ghost Town was next and this was a wild west house on a HUGE scale! Loved the feel of this house and how "big" the sets seemed. It really felt like a movie.
IMG_0362.JPG
The Exorcist is next and it really captures the spirit of the original movie. You see Regan doing (almost) everything from the movie! CRAZY!
11_The Exorcist.jpg
THE POWER OF CHRIST.... you know the rest...
12_The Exorcist.jpg
The creative team said how challenging this house was to create since the movie takes place in one room, but they pulled it off!
IMG_0327.JPG
As we walk to American Horror Story, we get a peak at the line... THIS is why you need an express pass! :)
08_American Horror Story.jpg
I'm going to say it right now, American Horror Story is the winner... bar none.
IMG_0405.JPG
It is just almost perfect. Theatrical, scary, beautiful - it is the perfect package.
07_American Horror Story.jpg
It covers Murder House, Freak Show and Hotel. I've only watched Murder House and I loved the whole thing.
IMG_0406.JPG
The music, the audio cues... man - it just works.
06_American Horror Story.jpg
Oh - and this guy will haunt your dreams.
IMG_0417.JPG
Lunatics Playground 3D was next - your chance to meet Chance and her minions up close and personal.
IMG_0449.JPG
I recommend doing this with and without the 3D glasses so you notice all the details in the house!
22_Krampus.jpg
Krampus was the last of the houses we did and this Christmas nightmare was really brought to life!
21_Krampus.jpg
I haven't seen the movie yet, but it is now on my must watch list. SO many cool details throughout the house.
Last edited by disneyfan1313 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:15 am.

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:03 am

Part 3 of our Halloween Horror Nights 26 Media Event!
26_A Chance in Hell Scarezone.jpg
The scarezones were top notch as well this year. "A Chance in Hell" features chance and her minions up close.
27_Vamp '55 Scarezone.jpg
Vamp 55 features a homecoming parade gone wrong... with Vampires! Kitchy, interactive and fun!
IMG_0455.JPG
The chainsaw guys are AWESOME this year. So many cool costumes!
IMG_0317.JPG
If you ask nicely, the characters are even open to taking selfies this year!
IMG_0463.JPG
Dead Man's Warf is foggy, creepy and cool!
IMG_0535.JPG
Survive or Die does a great job of creating atmosphere on the streets of New York with fire and show scenes.
IMG_0536.JPG
You never know who is waiting to pounce!
IMG_0499.JPG
An important part of the HHN experience is grabbing the speciality drink of the year in a blinky cup! This year they have two new ones themed around chance.. or you can mix them for extra chaos!
IMG_0454.JPG
We even got a selfie with Chance! OMG! Fanboy time!
IMG_0297.JPG
Of course, no night is complete without seeing the sign for Mel's DIE-IN. Thanks for reading along with us and see you at Halloween Horror Nights 26!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CoasterRench » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:37 am

Love the pictures, my wife and I have wanted to go to this event for years. Every year it looks better and better, going to have to figure out a way to make this happen next year.
Steel: 91 Wood: 27 Total: 118

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:30 am

Chance looks like an adorable little imp.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!