TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Slagharen Netherlands Discussion Thread

Why are the Dutch coaster nerds so annoying? I've just had to delete a TON of whining and complaining off our social media pages basically because this ride "isn't as good as what Efteling builds." I'm so sick of all the stupid Efteling fanboys. I honestly think they are tied for some of the worst theme park dorks out there. I'd like to put them, the Alton Towers fanboys and the Disneyland fanboys into a Thunderdome-like fight to the death. I hope there are no survivors.

Anyway, I think this ride looks GREAT! Might even try to get out there next year and ride it.

--Robb "I'm sure it will be better than Baron!" Alvey

And here come the Efteling fanboys in 3... 2... 1...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to put them, the Alton Towers fanboys and the Disneyland fanboys into a Thunderdome-like fight to the death. I hope there are no survivors.

Savage.

Also, this ride looks like a ton of fun! Short, but fun!

I'd like to put them, the Alton Towers fanboys and the Disneyland fanboys into a Thunderdome-like fight to the death. I hope there are no survivors.

I assume there will be a live stream of this...??

Edit: After looking the park up on Bing maps and seeing the small size of the park I'm convinced this will be a perfect fit for the park, and an absolute fitting replacement for the Schwarzkopf Looping Star!

I can't honestly tell whats wrong with other Dutch people, we really need to complain about literally anything.

The ride looks great, I mean perfect for Slagharen it seems like a great upgrade for them. I'm going to be honest Slagharen is not a park I see myself visiting anytime soon, but this ride seems like a lot of fun and I hope I see myself one day in a car of the coaster.

Edited by RCT3Bross

This looks great! Sure a full single launch would be better and the layout is short but for a park of this size, it is above my expectations and looks like a great unique addition. I am sad to see the Schwarzkopf go though.

This is exactly the kind of small addition I would love to see at a park like Lake Winnie one day. I certainly wouldn't complain.

That looks like fun! Maybe one day I'll get out of the US...

I do hope/wish they run dual stations though (like Mr. Freeze). That would almost double capacity. Overall, it looks like a ton of fun and a lot less violent than Premier Sky Rockets.

It's a fairly small park, I don't think capacity will be that much of an issue. The old schwarzkopf has been running with 1 train for years.

Screw the fanboys, this ride looks fun and I think it will be a great fit for the park!

Overall, it looks like a ton of fun and a lot less violent than Premier Sky Rockets.

Violent? The Premier Skyrockets are some of the smoothest coasters out there.

Anyhoo Gold Rusher looks great, hope to see some of these in the U.S. some day.

Agreed. I don't think the Premier Sky Rockets are rough at all. Gerstlauer's launched rides are pretty smooth, too, so I think this will be a nice replacement for that old Schwarzkopf.

Overall, it looks like a ton of fun and a lot less violent than Premier Sky Rockets.

Yeah, I wouldn't say violent as there are indeed very smooth. But they also are very forceful and have strong laterals, maybe that's what conersteen was trying to say.

Anyhoo Gold Rusher looks great, hope to see some of these in the U.S. some day.

Agreed. I don't think the Premier Sky Rockets are rough at all. Gerstlauer's launched rides are pretty smooth, too, so I think this will be a nice replacement for that old Schwarzkopf.

I'm not a big guy (although I get bigger each year), but I do find the cars cramped. Never had a problem with roughness though.

I really like what Slagharen is going to build. I think it'll be a very fun ride and a great replacement for Loopingstar. A good coaster for the park.

But the moment I saw a video of the ride, I knew there was going to be a load of complaints by a lot of Dutch "coaster enthusiasts". Talk a bout people having WAY too high expectations (a lot were expecting a Junker/Karacho size coaster, some probably even bigger ). It was fun and sad at the same time reading through the comments on the Dutch forums.

Luckily there are still a few of us that are realistic and can appreciate this coaster.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this ride go up and ride it next year. Especially since the park is not that far away.

I really like this. What seems to be happening is that other companies are seeing Premier's Sky Rocket II concept, and coming up with even better layouts. These types of rides have been perfect for small to mid-size parks, and even one large park (BGW). These types of rides are becoming the Boomerangs of the 21st century, and I am very happy about that.

My only question left is, who is the manufacturer of this?

Slagharen presents the first design of the train of the new launch coaster Gold Rush. The train is designed as a kind of old-fashioned carriage from the Wild West, with wheels on the side and a lamp on the front. There will be five rows for a total of 20 persons per train.

170916harder.jpg.427f2a5423fda19e39a5c32bd14fd212.jpg

Source

• 4 months later...