TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2016!

If you've been reading the forums for any length of time you'll probably know by now that out of all the Halloween events that theme parks put on throughout the season, my favorite by far is Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! I'd have to go back and look at the timeline, but I think this year marks 15 years in a row that we have been going to the event, and we like it enough that we usually go multiple time during the season!

Last night was the first night of the event, so I wasn't going to miss out on heading down to one of my favorite parks during my favorite time of the year, Halloween! Yes, I know some people are all "What? It's only JUST September and we are celebrating Halloween already?!?!" Hey, if it were up to me, I'd be celebrating Halloween ALL YEAR LONG! So I'm totally "okay" with the event starting even earlier!

We live tweeted during the event and our socials went CRAZY last night! For those of you who weren't following along live, here's a re-cap of everything that happened!

First night of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2016!

I absolutely LOVE how the park is dressed up for the Halloween Party!

My absolute favorite theme park Halloween Event! So much fun!

As soon as you enter Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party you start getting treats!

There is a new entrance area for #MNSSHP this year! Love these characters! Basically, as you enter during the "mix-in" period of 4pm - 7pm, they direct you through the "blow off" area (just behind Main Street) that has been re-themed to Halloween and that's where you pick up your treat bag & some bonus goodies!

All the characters are out in their Halloween costumes!

Plenty of villains out tonight @WDWToday Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

Best part of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? Candy! LOTS OF CANDY!!!

Was awesome running into some TPR fans from Texas @WDWToday #MNSSHP tonight! Go get lots of candy!!!

People already camping out for the first Boo-To-You Parade tonight!

Mickeys Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the only time adults can wear a costume @WDWToday #MagicKingdom!

Another benefit of special ticket events like #MNSSHP @WDWToday? Short wait times! 10 minutes for Space Mountain!

The Haunted Mansion cast member costumes are worth it alone!

You can even Trick or Treat inside the Enchanted Tiki Room!

ProTip! Pete's Sideshow has had the shortest candy line @WDWToday Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

And here's our "highlights" video of the entire Boo To You Parade! Check out the new Wreck-It Ralph segment starting at 3:10

OMG! Just ran into our favorite "candy girl" from last years party!

Here she is handing out candy in 2015!

Yes! I found the Haunted Mansion bride! (She said she'd like me to apply for the 1000th ghost! Yikes?)

Take a moment and watch this entire video! It's amazing! Especially if you are a Haunted Mansion fan!

Still the best part of @WDWToday #MagicKingdom Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party... CANDY GIRLS!!!

Yes! I totally just rode Space Mountain with two big bags of candy! lol

Another AWESOME video you all need to watch:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Don't forget your Mickey's Not-So-Scary exclusive Sorcerers card! It's FREE! And #Zootopia themed!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Seriously, HalloWishes is just FANTASTIC!!!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

[twitter]

[/twitter]

And yes the Hocus Pocus show is back again this year.

[twitter]

[/twitter]

The castle @WDWToday #MagicKingdom all lit up in Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween colors!

These guys' Nightmare Before Christmas costumes were fantastic!

Did I mention how awesome getting candy is?

There is another #MNSSHP exclusive MagicBand this year!

Magic Kingdom just looks absolutely amazing during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

Let's end this @WDWToday #MNSSHP update with this amazing Anna! Best costume I've seen all night!EDIT! I lied, one more photo!

The final #MNSSHP update is always the "candy pic!" We did well tonight! Vanellope would be proud!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome that they added a separate entrance for the event down the backside of main street, last year the whole front gate was a complete mess at the 4pm entrance time so I'm sure that helps things a bit.

It never ceases to amaze me the fact that Disney will let you take absolutely anything onto some of their rides, candy bags, backpacks, cameras, whatever. One year during MNSSHP I wore a cape and ate candy on Space Mountain, never see that anywhere haha.