Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby VegasBaby » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:02 am

So it has leaked that SFSTL is getting a Zamperla Disk'O ride as their 2017 addition, so no new coaster for them. I wonder if this makes it more likely that SFGAm is getting one of the S&S 4D coasters? If SF really did buy 3 of them, and we know one is going to SFNE, then there are still two that are going somewhere. I think that SFA might be a candidate, but it seems like there's a good chance that one of them ends up at SFGAm. If not, then I could see a flat ride package that includes a Disk'O, a Superloop, and something else. Either way, we'll find out for sure tomorrow morning!
Coaster Count: 208 Last Coaster: Superman Krypton Coaster
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:48 am

^If there truly are three that SF bought, then I would guess the other two are for here, and SFMexico.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:20 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Par King Skill Golf has a roller coaster themed Hole http://par-king.com/
And
My personal favorite deep-dish place is Gino's

That is one of my favorite holes at Par King. One thing to take note of about Par King though is its a cash only place, no credit or debit.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here, but 1 (There might be 2) of the 2017 additions will be named "Joker"

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/joker

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:49 pm

RollingCoasting wrote:Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here, but 1 (There might be 2) of the 2017 additions will be named "Joker"

I guess they took it down , says "access denied". Last year JL leaked on their own website as well
Last edited by Superbatboy on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RaceBoarder » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:I'm just looking for ideas mainly. no chains. I would like to go to one "Chicago" food place that locals go to... whether it be a pizza place or whatever you guys eat :) We will be in Downtown Chicago so anywhere within walking distance of Millennium Park that is a good local food spot. And then we will be hitting dinner after six flags on Saturday night, so any recommendations near the park would be good. I'm open to ideas just don't really know what's out there and don't have much planning time. Thank you in advance, sorry if I am getting too much off topic.

Not exactly right downtown, but Kuma's Corner has some of the most unique and awesome burgers in Chicago. Interesting themeing as well (it's a Heavy Metal theme). If you want something a bit fancier, I'm a fan of The Berghoff restaurant. They deal in German food with some twists. This is right downtown, so easy access from Millennium Park.

Dirk was right on the money about The Loop being one of the most competitive food markets on the planet. Browse Zagat and see what peaks your interest. Pretty much anything goes, so you can find something in your budget and tastes.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ImmelMatt » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:39 pm

RollingCoasting wrote:Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here, but 1 (There might be 2) of the 2017 additions will be named "Joker"

Hardly a surprise, especially if whatever it is is going right next to Batman.
Something clever or funny should go here.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:08 pm

I meant I was surprised the news hadn't made it on here, not about Six Flag's un-unique ride name choices

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:03 am

Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:50 am.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:57 am

I'm absolutely thrilled about receiving one of these. Also were finally getting that long waited DC villain themed ride we always needed. I never liked the fact that we were the only major Six Flags park that didn't have a DC villain themed ride. Right now I plan on gong the day Joker opens for sure like I did with Goliath. Now I'm going to sit back and wait for the first complaint about capacity. I find it funny that their calling it a Free Fly though when it's really a Free Spin.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!