TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

That's what happens when you post stuff from another message board where 80% of the posts are from high school kids...

Only like 10/2000 something members are in high school(Myself included )... whereas TPR has people in like 5th grade....

Going for my first time labor day Saturday. Will buy platinum flash passes. When it says single ride on the flash pass page it just means you don't get to stay in your seat and ride a second time, but I can still reserve as many times as I'd like... is that correct? I know SFMM has pulled some one time reservations before didn't know if the same applies here. Also what are some must-rides that are NOT part of platinum flash pass? Thanks!

Little Dipper. It has bad capacity but it's adorable.

Brace yourself on American Eagle

And If it's warm, Check out Buccaneer Battle. At most a 10m wait.

American Eagle isn't bad really, it's much better than perceived. For the smoothest possible ride, sit on the red side outside seat (Get in the car first, it's the one on the left ) And make sure to sit in the front of the train.

Demon however, brace yourself

Going for my first time labor day Saturday. Will buy platinum flash passes. When it says single ride on the flash pass page it just means you don't get to stay in your seat and ride a second time, but I can still reserve as many times as I'd like... is that correct? I know SFMM has pulled some one time reservations before didn't know if the same applies here. Also what are some must-rides that are NOT part of platinum flash pass? Thanks!

You are correct. No double rides, but you can reserve as many times as you'd like. SFGAm has occasionally limited the number of rides Flash Pass holders can have in a day, but currently they do not. Enjoy!

Anybody want to take a stab at what the crowd situation would be on Nov. 5? Last weekend of the season, and I'm guessing that's the tail-end of Frightfest.

Also, what should my battle plan be? Focus on Goliath when the gates open?

I've been trying to scheduled a Great America trip for a while now. I've always wanted to go, but geography was always the issue in the past. Now that I live three hours away, I guess I don't have that excuse anymore.

Six Flags Announcement day is this Thursday, September 1st.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY ANNOUNCEMENT NEWS YOURSELF!!!

The admins of this site will create the announcement page for when the information is released. If you create an announcement post yourself, your post will be deleted and you will be given a 30 day ban from the forums.

When other members make the posts, it creates additional work for the admins as they have to come in and clean up those posts and re-do them ourselves. So please, I know a lot of you think it will make you look "cooler" to be the "first" to break the news, but to us admins, you'll just be creating an annoyance for us.

We will get all the news posted as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you for your understanding.

As stated earlier on this thread, me and my wife will be at the park on 9-4. I haven't been here in years, is a flash pass needed? If so gold or platinum? I dont want to wait in lines longer then 20 minutes

As stated earlier on this thread, me and my wife will be at the park on 9-4. I haven't been here in years, is a flash pass needed? If so gold or platinum? I dont want to wait in lines longer then 20 minutes

I would definitely go with the Platinum flash pass. The Platinum is the only flash pass that includes Goliath, Giant Drop, Justice League, and Vertical Velocity. Plus, you get double rides (without getting off) on all of the coasters except for Goliath and Vertical Velocity. You aren't limited on the amount of Goliath rides though, you just have to make another reservation. If you really want to make the most out of your visit and don't want to wait in lines, then you should go with the Platinum.

I would definitely go with the Platinum flash pass. The Platinum is the only flash pass that includes Goliath, Giant Drop, Justice League, and Vertical Velocity. Plus, you get double rides (without getting off) on all of the coasters except for Goliath and Vertical Velocity. You aren't limited on the amount of Goliath rides though, you just have to make another reservation. If you really want to make the most out of your visit and don't want to wait in lines, then you should go with the Platinum.

Thank you!

Anybody want to take a stab at what the crowd situation would be on Nov. 5? Last weekend of the season, and I'm guessing that's the tail-end of Frightfest.

I've been trying to scheduled a Great America trip for a while now. I've always wanted to go, but geography was always the issue in the past. Now that I live three hours away, I guess I don't have that excuse anymore.

To be frank unless you're absolutely set on going Nov 5th I would recommend waiting to next season. You're going to be waiting in ridiculous lines during FF. Going early season weekday or weekend next year is the ticket. Weekdays thru the entire season are good, especially before school gets out last week if June. Also, season pass is a great value if you plan to go more than one time in a yr.

To be frank unless you're absolutely set on going Nov 5th I would recommend waiting to next season. You're going to be waiting in ridiculous lines during FF. Going early season weekday or weekend next year is the ticket. Weekdays thru the entire season are good, especially before school gets out last week if June. Also, season pass is a great value if you plan to go more than one time in a yr.

^ That's actually after Fright Fest. Check the schedule and your see that Fright Fest starts September 24 and ends October 31. Those last two days the park is open (November 5 and 6) are not after Fright Fest. I don't think Nov. 5 will be any near as busy as a Fright Fest day. As for Nov. 6, that I would expect a large coward for since it's the last day of the park is this season, but either way I plan on going on that last day for the first time and then next year I'm going opening day for the first time also even though I already know how busy it is.

^ That's actually after Fright Fest. Check the schedule and your see that Fright Fest starts September 24 and ends October 31. Those last two days the park is open (November 5 and 6) are not after Fright Fest. I don't think Nov. 5 will be any near as busy as a Fright Fest day. As for Nov. 6, that I would expect a large coward for since it's the last day of the park is this season, but either way I plan on going on that last day for the first time and then next year I'm going opening day for the first time also even though I already know how busy it is.

I went on the last day of the season about 12 years ago, and the park was open the first weekend in November. I had on a winter coat, but the park was dead. I rode rides, and didn't have to get off. It was pretty great.

Seriously??? Why, Why is that everyday I plan on going, Six Flags has some kind of event. (Last day of Read to Succeed, BAFF multiple times, now this, etc.)

Except alot of those mean nothing to Passholders. An Oktoberfest or 2am to 2am event would be awesome. I also have an idea where they just Rickroll the park for an entire day.

Anyone have any suggestions for a local place to eat near the park for dinner? Preferably in the southern direction, but I'd go out of my way for something really good 8)

Do you want to chain restaurants? If you want a "Chicago Food Experience" like Chicago Style Hot Dogs, Chicago Italian Beef, Deep Dish Pizza, or even local adult beverages, I'd be more than happy to make suggestions. Just need to know what you have a taste for.

I'm just looking for ideas mainly. no chains. I would like to go to one "Chicago" food place that locals go to... whether it be a pizza place or whatever you guys eat We will be in Downtown Chicago so anywhere within walking distance of Millennium Park that is a good local food spot. And then we will be hitting dinner after six flags on Saturday night, so any recommendations near the park would be good. I'm open to ideas just don't really know what's out there and don't have much planning time. Thank you in advance, sorry if I am getting too much off topic.

I'm just looking for ideas mainly. no chains. I would like to go to one "Chicago" food place that locals go to... whether it be a pizza place or whatever you guys eat We will be in Downtown Chicago so anywhere within walking distance of Millennium Park that is a good local food spot. And then we will be hitting dinner after six flags on Saturday night, so any recommendations near the park would be good. I'm open to ideas just don't really know what's out there and don't have much planning time. Thank you in advance, sorry if I am getting too much off topic.

The easy answers for being in the burbs are Lou Malnatis and Portillos since both have multiple locations. Downtown Chicago is one of the most competitive restaurant markets on earth and there's tons of really, really great food. Without knowing a budget, tough to make a suggestion.

We planned on going to 'novelty golf and games' after Six Flags in LincolnWood, looks like Malnati's has a full service dine-in location right next to it (the original! Ooo!). I'll definitely put it on my list if you recommend them for pizza, I'm down for that! Lots of good reviews, too! Thanks! Funny that we planned on being literally 1 minute away (we need to get our cheesy mini golf fix!) -- I think when it comes to downtown we will just walk around and see what catches our eye.

So it has leaked that SFSTL is getting a Zamperla Disk'O ride as their 2017 addition, so no new coaster for them. I wonder if this makes it more likely that SFGAm is getting one of the S&S 4D coasters? If SF really did buy 3 of them, and we know one is going to SFNE, then there are still two that are going somewhere. I think that SFA might be a candidate, but it seems like there's a good chance that one of them ends up at SFGAm. If not, then I could see a flat ride package that includes a Disk'O, a Superloop, and something else. Either way, we'll find out for sure tomorrow morning!