Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

New game from Frontier coming November 2016
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

Postby Dante80 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:45 pm

Concept

and implementation.

Postby Dante80 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:27 am

Hello coaster creators!

As we prepare to move to the next phase of development, Alpha 3, we have some important news concerning the Steam Store.

A quick recap: on August 23, 2016, the Planet Coaster Alpha 3 will officially be released. As of Alpha 3, Planet Coaster will require Steam to run, meaning you need a (free) Steam account to be able to play the game.

On August 25, 2016, Alpha will be closing to new players; current players or those who upgrade before this date will be able to play all the way through to Beta and release.

As of August 25, the following products will be removed from the Frontier Store:

• Planet Coaster: Early Bird Alpha Edition
• Planet Coaster: Coaster Head Edition
• Planet Coaster: Deluxe Edition
• Planet Coaster: Early Bird Upgrade
• Coaster Head Club Upgrade
• Planet Coaster In-game VIP Single Ticket
• Planet Coaster In-game VIP Group Ticket
• Planet Coaster In-game VIP Staff Pass
• Planet Coaster Foundation Stone

The Frontier and Steam store will then have the following products available until release:

Planet Coaster £26.99/€33.99/$40.99
Planet Coaster: Thrillseeker Edition £29.99/€37.99/$44.99 – this version includes an in-game Golden Hat for your avatar, a Gold King Coaster mascot, a digital sketchbook, the Planet Coaster Official Soundtrack and access to the Planet Coaster beta.

Please note that these new editions do NOT give you access to Alpha and this can only be purchase by getting the Early Bird edition of the game before 25 August.

Anyone who has already purchased Early Bird Alpha, Coaster Head Edition, and Deluxe Edition of Planet Coaster will be given ALL the extras of the Thrillseeker Edition including Beta access, as a thank you for your continued support and feedback during the development of Planet Coaster. So with the current lower price of pre-order until the 25 August it’s the perfect time to pre-order or join the other Early Birds in Alpha now.

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/8984-Moving-into-Alpha-3-Steam-Store-Update

Seems like the the standard price for the game will be 41$. Unless they do up this again at launch, since it is still essentially a pre-order now.

Postby Dante80 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:39 pm

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:48 am

Dante80 wrote:
Planet Coaster: Thrillseeker Edition £29.99/€37.99/$44.99 – this version includes an in-game Golden Hat for your avatar, a Gold King Coaster mascot, a digital sketchbook, the Planet Coaster Official Soundtrack and access to the Planet Coaster beta.

Anyone who has already purchased Early Bird Alpha, Coaster Head Edition, and Deluxe Edition of Planet Coaster will be given ALL the extras of the Thrillseeker Edition including Beta access, as a thank you for your continued support and feedback during the development of Planet Coaster.

That's quite nice! Looking forward to the Steam shift, as I had been having some issues with their standalone launcher.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby Dante80 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:25 am

As Fdev is ramping up for Gamescom, two new things..a new dev diary for sound..

Some new stuff shown in the video btw..

3:06 - Western Ride Entrance Theme
3:24 - Water, Potential bridge set, Castle scenery
3:25 - Janitors, bins, benches, building textures, new flowers
3:27 - New ride sign?
3:29 -closer look at bench, flower bed
4:38 - Giant Frisbee ride
4:53 - Gerstlauer Sky Fly
5:54 - Fairy tale theme
6:14 - Tea Cups
6:25 Top Spin at the background

and...a release date.

https://twitter.com/michaelgapper/status/765864135133425666

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: Ether Houston across from the Astrodome or at SFSTL riding the Screamin' Eagle

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:01 am

^YES! That's a few days after my birthday! I know what I want now
Coaster Count: 96
1990's: "ugh. I hope we don't get a Vekoma"
2010: "I really hope we get a Vekoma!"

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:58 am

They really know how to put together a great video! I cant wait to pre-order this!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Cj1990 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:24 am

So I need some assistance guys. No matter how hard I try, how much time I spend, or how closely I look... I can NOT for the life of me get my coasters smoothed out! I use the smooth tool, but I just can't get it. What am I doing wrong? lol What's the trick? I see other people have really nice smooth coasters. How are people achieving this!?

Thanks

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby samhimburg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:59 am

Dante80 wrote:As Fdev is ramping up for Gamescom, two new things..a new dev diary for sound..

I love that the reference audio was recorded at Holiday World. Seems like a perfect fit for the tone of the game. Since they are a British developer, I'm interested to know how they ended up at HW over somewhere like Alton Towers.

Postby Dante80 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:44 pm

samhimburg wrote:
Dante80 wrote:As Fdev is ramping up for Gamescom, two new things..a new dev diary for sound..

I love that the reference audio was recorded at Holiday World. Seems like a perfect fit for the tone of the game. Since they are a British developer, I'm interested to know how they ended up at HW over somewhere like Alton Towers.

I don't have any idea whether this might be relevant, but frontier wants to do two things after PC. A big PC expansion with water content, and a new safari game.

Read this. https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/3647-Planet-Safari-next-up?highlight=

If true, they might have used Holiday World for pre-production work too.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness