TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

USA 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CpB2G2WWAAAqsqd.jpg

Who would rather be going through Hydra's JoJo roll over whatever you're doing right now?

Me!!!

CpCH3B5W8AAkp0a.jpg

Who is happy that Cedar Fair decided to keep Demon Drop "in the family?"

Me!!!

CpCUjjAXYAAICGM.jpg

This (in addition to the Hydra pic above) would make for a great desktop image! Regardless of whether or not it's a great ride (I'd still love to find out personally someday!), Hydra is certainly very photogenic!

Great report so far! All of these are great parks, but I've only visited Cedar Point out of the mix so far this year...Still making plans to visit Dollywood as well. I got a chance to ride the four mountain coasters in the Smokies back in March...They're great fun! Definitely a must when visiting the area...At least to try once. I have to say I think the Gatlinburg Moutain Coaster was my favorite. It was the shortest but definitely the fastest. I'm hoping to visit some of these other parks in your report next year.

Yesss, I love how under-rated Dorney Park is! A lot of people give them a hard time, so I went with bare-minimum expectations and loved the place. It might be a little "Cedar Fair blacktop and trash cans" in appearance, but Possessed packs a good punch, Hydra may be light on forces, but is a HUGE refresher compared to the more "cookie-cutter" floorless coasters, and I thought Talon was one of the better inverts when riding in the back row.

Plus it has some of the "Pennsylvania old school charm", retaining a whip ride, the classic woodie, and with the addition of Demon Drop, despite being a transplant.

I'll be at Dorney Park next Saturday to get some rides on the worlds best mine train and my favorite B&M duo. And of course, the log flume will NOT be forgotten! For some reason, I just really love going to Dorney. That might be because my local park is Six Flags Trashmerica though...

Does Dorney Park have an obsession with railings? I mean they have railings everywhere!

They have:

Railings here

Railings there

Railings in the que

Railings in my view

As you can see, there are a lot of railing, and I'm afraid that it's because Dorney is reacting to a trend caused by GP who like to wander off pathways or hop the line. I hope this trend stops!

Nice trip report! Cedar Point gets better every time I visit. The Valravn area looks really nice on the midway. Looking forward to my daughter hitting the 52" mark, hopefully next year. Nice job KT on those enormous coasters!

CpDB5z-XgAAHdMW.jpg

We have arrived at Six Flags Great Adventure! Our dinner has a WONDERFUL view! Wouldn't you agree?

CpDHjM1XgAAcnFL.jpg

CpDHjM7WEAAksAi.jpg

The awesome people @SFGrAdventure gave us dinner next to 2 Pokestops and even added lures!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CpDTIFTWcAAh4Dw.jpg

One of the best roller coaster sights in the world!

CpDaFrvWYAEBL6a.jpg

CpDaFrwWYAA9ekz.jpg

CpDaFrvWIAEVwg-.jpg

CpDaFrvWIAAgI8U.jpg

Bizzaro @SFGrAdventure! Still one of the better B&M Floorless roller coasters!

CpDjWZNWAAABjPt.jpg

Kristen proudly displays her El Toro piñata victory! Next she will conquer the actual ride!

CpDnMJ8XYAA-iKF.jpg

Tom really REALLY wants to go on the parachutes for some reason... Can you guess why?

CpDtHzdWEAAFMs1.jpg

Not gonna lie... Superman's pretzel loop makes me feel strange... But in a happy way!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CpDxuntXYAEr9gH.jpg

CpDxunvWcAEbTJf.jpg

CpDxuouWYAAWhub.jpg

Night rides on Nitro @SFGrAdventure! Second only to El Toro as best night ride in the park!

CpD4DrbWIAEweAP.jpg

We are ready for night rides on El Toro!

CpD9jaGXYAAUVVv.jpg

Night rides on El Toro have begun and it is freakin' amazing AWESOME!!!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CpEJM9cXYAU7he_.jpg

"Took an EPIC selfie with @ThemeParkReview! They sure know how to have a fun filled evening!" - Jason B.

CpGTFtPXEAIEhQy.jpg

This morning we are back @SFGrAdventure waking up with some awesome rides on Nitro!

CpGf_F_WcAEyxgb.jpg

CpGf_F_WcAAbTyq.jpg

We are having an AWESOME time riding Nitro this morning @SFGrAdventure! The crew is just fantastic! Thank you!!!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CpHJHG8WEAQvmw-.jpg

CpHJHGdW8AACFOe.jpg

CpHJHGVWAAAIdxo.jpg

You can get some amazing views of @SFGrAdventure from the Skyway!

CpHLtYKXYAAODJw.jpg

CpHLtYHWEAANCZ7.jpg

CpHLtYNW8AYk9VP.jpg

The "Flash Pass" @SFGrAdventure is awesome! Cuts down your wait in line and worth every penny!!!

CpHP95_WYAAgckE.jpg

Fire makes any roller coaster better! (Unless it's a woodie burning down... Unless that woodie is Mean Streak!)

CpHVAQlXgAAIInk.jpg

CpHVAQmWAAQZAk-.jpg

Photo ops with a celebrity!

CpHZnv3WcAAjYZG.jpg

CpHZnweWAAA9O5j.jpg

CpHZnv0WIAASfx9.jpg

CpHZnwfWYAQkoBo.jpg

The world's tallest drop tower on the world's tallest roller coaster. Zumanjaro & Kingda Ka @SFGrAdventure! Awesome!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CpHv-hQXYAAVmYx.jpg

CpHv-hPW8AQ7ktt.jpg

CpHv-hPWAAADiuk.jpg

WOW! I had forgotten just how intense Green Lantern @SFGrAdventure was!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CpH4g3hXEAEAo-n.jpg

CpH4g3iXgAEklFe.jpg

CpH4g3hW8AAyGVr.jpg

CpH4g3wXEAAXTuw.jpg

We love the new safari attraction @SFGrAdventure! Was so happy they made this change a couple of years ago!

CpH_3bnXEAAGF6l.jpg

CpH_3bnXYAE84v8.jpg

CpH_3blXYAAAl0P.jpg

CpH_3cYW8AAkVKh.jpg

4 of my all-time favorite roller coaster drops! El Toro @SFGrAdventure!

CpIKgkGWYAAAuT2.jpg

We ran into some TPR fans from the Netherlands!

CpIKmB6WcAA_xQ-.jpg

We are on a log flume...

CpIKppLWYAARN_Z.jpg

El Toro, Kingda Ka, and Zumanjaro! Three of the best rides @SFGrAdventure in one pic!

And we will wrap up our visit to Great Adventure with a new El Toro 60FPS POV Video!

Edited by robbalvey

Does KT always carry the heads of her slain enemies on the tip of her sword?

Far too often...

KT had a nice time on the trip, to answer some random questions I saw:

- She doesn't like parks and coasters as much as we do.

- Phoenix is still her number 1 coaster by far.

- The noises she made while riding Phoenix GlowPhest ERT were hilarious.

- She liked her first B&M credit's with Valravn being her favorite of the three she rode.

- She hated Mean Streak the same as the rest of us.

Impressive video quality in that El Toro video. In the off-ride shots, it's visually as close to "actually there" as you can probably get.

El Toro is so awesome. Having been on all of the major Intamin coasters in Europe and North America plus about half the RMC coasters, El Toro is easily my favorite because of the intensity and how the ride doesn't give you one second to catch your breath from beginning to end. But I'll admit I haven't been on Lightning Rod yet.

You can tell in the pictures and even more in person that Bizarro's old Medusa paint is really starting to show through the purple in a lot of places. Maybe it'll eventually get a sand blast and re-spray like it's New England counterpart. I personally liked the old theme better, anyway.

Great to see you guys having fun, these trip reports are really great to read!

I can't believe El Toro is 10 years old. It seems it's held up so well that's it's really a shame that other parks didn't build any. Apocalypse at magic mountain is almost 10 and it's terrible. Imagine if they had one of these. :/

I can't believe El Toro is 10 years old. It seems it's held up so well that's it's really a shame that other parks didn't build any. Apocalypse at magic mountain is almost 10 and it's terrible. Imagine if they had one of these. :/

I've often wondered this myself. The coaster is near perfection and has been an almost unique ride for 10 years. Aside from a few models overseas, I am surprised Intamin didn't plop similar pre-fab clones of El Toro, all over America at various Six Flags.

I am surprised Intamin didn't plop similar pre-fab clones of El Toro, all over America at various Six Flags.

It's not up to Intamin to build a ride at the parks, it's up to Six Flags to build a ride at their parks. Intamin just can't go in and build a ride when they want to, you know!

I am surprised Intamin didn't plop similar pre-fab clones of El Toro, all over America at various Six Flags.

It's not up to Intamin to build a ride at the parks, it's up to Six Flags to build a ride at their parks. Intamin just can't go in and build a ride when they want to, you know!

True, I apologize for wording that wrong. I should have stated that I was surprised various North American parks didn't hire Intamin to build more pre-fabs, due to the success of El-Toro.