Photo TR: Robb, Joe, & the Other Eric Johnson @ SFMM

April 27th, 2006
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

Photo TR: Robb, Joe, & the Other Eric Johnson @ SFMM

Postby robbalvey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:08 pm

Hey everyone!

So for some people who didn't get the memo that the Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Media Day Camp Out had been pushed back, we ended up had some friends in town.

Ok, well, actually they weren't that stupid, they just weren't able to change their flights for the new date! :D

But away way, we had a good time up at the mountain today.

Here are a few pics from our visit......

And also, Joe's version of the Photo TR can be found here:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... p?p=172781
sfmm04270601.jpg
Wow! Even on a non-busy weekday, they had ALL of the metal detectors open!
sfmm04270602.jpg
Since when did they start doing a little pre-park opening show???
sfmm04270603.jpg
They had a couple of people getting the crowd pumped up for their day....
sfmm04270604.jpg
And then the "Welcome to Six Flags" parade vehicle came out complete with characters and the Justice League!
sfmm04270606.jpg
A bunch of small children exploded into confetti (an effect we were all very impressed with) and then it was time to ride!
sfmm04270605.jpg
Eric and Joe are WAY thrilled! =)
sfmm04270607.jpg
Our first ride of the day! Creepy unicycle mime guy with a fancy umbrella!
sfmm04270611.jpg
It was time for Eric to get devirginized on X.
sfmm04270609.jpg
From X you can really see how small and inferior Revolution must feel next to Tatsu.
sfmm04270614.jpg
"At least if it vallies they've buit a nice platform for us to hang out at."
sfmm042706298.jpg
Time for the original Goliath.
sfmm04270615.jpg
"It might not be SFOG's brand spanking new one, but at least I like the color orange....yeah....orange....nice...I like that....."
sfmm04270616.jpg
Tatsu looks like a flying coaster from here. From anywhere else it looks like a sponge.
sfmm04270617.jpg
Heh....Joe is "sad and pathetic." He rides alone because he has no friends.
sfmm04270618.jpg
Eric loves those long sustained moments of floater air.
sfmm04270619.jpg
You know....Goliath is kind of like a parking lot coaster too.....
sfmm04270620.jpg
Eric LOVES the big, giant....um...letter "I"...yeah the letter "i"...that's EXACTLY what that looks like! ;)
sfmm04270621.jpg
Theme Park Review auditions as characters for the Justice League!
sfmm04270622.jpg
Is it just me or have they already cast Carlos for the part of "White Green Lantern?"
sfmm04270624.jpg
Anyone want to eat at the "Laughing Drag?"
sfmm042706297.jpg
Looks like they were installing some kind of secret spy-bot device on Tatsu....or that could just be the onride photo machine.....
sfmm042706295.jpg
"Welcome to Six Flags Magic Mountain.....GO ARMY!!!!"
sfmm04270630.jpg
Ahh, we pay homage to Scream...the best ever parking lot coaster!
sfmm042706294.jpg
Looks like someone took a wrong turn.
sfmm04270626.jpg
And just in case you ever wondered what it was like to be a drinking straw, looking upward from the bottom of the cup...now you know!
sfmm042706293.jpg
OMG! It's an EXCLUSIVE...SIGNATURE SHOT of Mr. Exclusivity himeself...Rollerman "Signature Shot" Dan!!!!
sfmm04270628.jpg
"What do you mean the Tatsu media day isn't today??? The Egg Turn over there told us we could ride!"
sfmm04270625.jpg
"Hey, c'mon guys...please leave me out of this!"
sfmm042706296.jpg
And finally....we end this little update with the "new" look of the park's entrance plaza.... We'll see everyone on May 10th for the Tatsu Media Day Campout!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:33 pm

Since we pretty much have the same name, can I count Eric's credits as mine?

Elissa + Hangman Fanboy

Postby FlippyTrick09 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:58 pm

NIce update I like how SIx Flags is changing now. The before park opening parade thing looks cool. Tatsu is looking nice. I might have to go out there and ride it. (even if I had to walk! =) ) Hope yall had fun- Mitchell

That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:03 pm

^ nope. Gotta ride 'em yourself.

The Smiley Face Pizza

Postby Luxo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:23 pm

At Magic Springs's opening ceremony, the last Don Rosser coaster operates at its best depending on the quality of our human sacrifice. :evil:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:31 pm

Hmm--SFMM's Batman has the Michael Keaton/Val Kilmer/George Clooney cowl with the Adam West suit. "Holy fashion faux pas, Batman!"

Oh, the irony--I'll be driving right past Tatsu on I-5 on my way to the Anaheim HoJo's after my niece's wedding in August. Probably won't get back to Valencia to check it out. I must have a 100 drive-bys of SFMM since the last time I visited the place (when Revolution still ruled). But I'm looking forward to getting back to Disneyland again; haven't been there since 2001.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby dougr » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:42 pm

FlippyTrick09 wrote:NIce update I like how SIx Flags is changing now. The before park opening parade thing looks cool. Tatsu is looking nice. I might have to go out there and ride it. (even if I had to walk! =) ) Hope yall had fun- Mitchell

I guess someone figured out-"If we're going to extract $15 for parking and $59.99 for admission, maybe we should try to make them happy when they come in?" :lover:

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:59 pm

Looks like you guys had a good time despite not getting to ride Tatsu. (BTW, its pronounced like 'Taught Sue' ;) )

I'm shocked at the old school Batman dude, as well as Carlos, El Lanterno Verde!
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:03 pm

^I have no problem with the "old-school" Bat, but they need to get him the proper cowl. I suspect the Joker is behind this!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Beate's Freak » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:12 pm

LUCKY!!!! Tatsu is looking awesome. To bad the park changed its ways the year I move from Cali to Texas. But hey I got Superman: Krypton Coaster. Very nice update. :b :airtime: :b :airtime: :lmao: =) :airtimer: :airtime:

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive