TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

Finally catching up on all these reports and it's great to see that you guys are having a blast at these parks. Bummed that Heide Park has gone downhill but Potts Park looks absolutely amazing. I remember Klotten and how awesome that place was and Potts looks even better! Toverland looks like it's expanded a ton outside. Is it open year round and do they close some of the attractions outside if it's too cold? The videos you have posted so far are great and this report really brings back the feel of the "old" TPR before the tours, which is a good thing!

I showed my 4 year old a video of the Fireworks at Disney Paris and he wants to go there now. I told him to get a job.

So far, what has been the most surprising thing of the trip?

Jimmy "Waiting for the kiddos to get older to do some overseas trips" Bo

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Movie Park and Toverland are some of the best "Small" themeparks in this part of Europe in my opinion. Both harbor potential and I hope the new coaster will set this park on the map for many coaster enthusiast.

A little late to comment on it, but I could not agree more about Heide Park.

I visited Germany at the end of April/early May and was REALLY looking forward to the park from the great things I've heard in the past, but I definitely had a more of a Six Flags Day.

I was there alone and also was disappointed by the non-use of the single rider queues. What's more, I thought that Flug der Damonen was super rough in comparison to recent rides I've had on Gatekeeper, Wild Eagle, etc. Colossos also running pretty rough just made me feel like they're neglecting to effectively maintain these rides, which is really a shame because they're otherwise really, really great rides. Colossos was running one train at a 60-90 minute wait for the first 1/2 of the day, then when they added a second, they'd consistently stack the trains for a minute or more after the second train had arrived again, which seemed completely unacceptable since Colossos has a slow chain lift system followed by a really long ride. The employees didn't seem to give a crap at all. Also, all of the non-junk food locations were closed, so the only choices were deep fried crap or cheap frozen pizza. I really hope they can get it together in the future.

Otherwise, I'm absolutely loving all the photos and detail, makes me wish I'd done even more parks when I was in Europe!

Totally agree with you on movie park, I reallly think they are on the right track now. I think the reason it gets more shit than it deserves is because we can all still remember the goog old movie world days.

Oh and bandit is horrible, and will remain horrible. Time to burn it to the ground or have RMC have their way with it.

You can follow our trip LIVE on Twitter:

CltwuNtWEAAZBxP.jpg

CltwuOWXEAATeos.jpg

CltwuO0WEAAwc-9.jpg

Starting our day @Phantasialand with some random characters!

Clt2EMaWEAAutgW.jpg

Dan says this chair swings is NOT an "acceptable amount of wetness!"

Clt9dO-WYAAj9Ji.jpg

Clt9dPoXEAAFc00.jpg

Clt9dQDWkAAZsqy.jpg

Clt9dS3WYAABsvy.jpg

Yes!!! Maus au Chocolat is one of my favorite dark rides ever!

CluBfg8WQAA5mEq.jpg

CluBfg_WYAAGR0x.jpg

CluBfg-WQAAyNOI.jpg

CluBfg_WAAEmXFf.jpg

The ride is basically Toy Story Mania but MUCH better! More mix of real sets and media!

CluGufbWEAE2f2k.jpg

CluGufvWMAEIhV1.jpg

CluGugDWIAAdHzD.jpg

Black Mamba quite possibly may be the best themed B&M invert ever!

CluKcePWIAASx63.jpg

First drop of Black Mamba!

CluPCWJWYAE-jCe.jpg

CluPCW1WQAEBVVm.jpg

CluPCXRWEAAOIGx.jpg

The area with Chiapas is new from our last visit to @Phantasialand and the new ride looks amazing!

CluXUxAWgAApHLq.jpg

CluXUxfXEAA5xPP.jpg

CluXUx8WgAAUONp.jpg

CluXUy2WYAEoE0M.jpg

Winjas is one of those coasters that is impossible to describe but you just HAVE to experience!

CludlKsWAAAgzKV.jpg

The theming around the new Chiapas area is just insane! And the ride was awesome too!

ClujyfNXIAUOE0q.jpg

Clujyf2XIAEmEeG.jpg

ClujyhMWMAIeia9.jpg

Clujyh6WkAI8nyi.jpg

OMG! Talocan is just nuts! Best Top Spin ride ever made!

[twitter]

/status/746375251823595520[/twitter]

Cluv0ksWQAAWh0Z.jpg

Cluv0k3XIAA6rvP.jpg

Cluv0lIWIAA3wj6.jpg

Temple of the Night Hawk was once again "Temple of the No Hawk!" lol

Clu01llWkAAtN70.jpg

Clu01llWQAAdrav.jpg

Clu01lmXEAAhbtH.jpg

Yes, hi... This is some of the best park ice cream we've ever had!

Clu4yOvWMAUbv_0.jpg

Clu4yOxXEAADg3Q.jpg

Clu4yPnWEAAuqE-.jpg

The fresh crepes were insanely good and served to us hotter than the sun! Amazing!

Clu9xFPWgAA1In-.jpg

Clu9xFOWEAA4RZ4.jpg

Just some more of the awesome themed areas of @Phantasialand!

[twitter]

/status/746413831094702081[/twitter]

ClvRmbqXEAAHC9e.jpg

We are on a quest to find as many dragons as possible @Phantasialand!

[twitter]

/status/746423256517844992[/twitter]

ClvdFHsUgAEwS3R.jpg

That's not just a giant penis, that's one hell of a cool indoor drop tower!

Clviw8wVAAArlK2.jpg

Clviw83UkAAfNHv.jpg

The ice cream was so good we came back for more!

ClvjYeDUsAEyJL2.jpg

ClvjYdmUkAAYi2z.jpg

ClvjYdjUgAElLM9.jpg

ClvjYeqUoAAsDVL.jpg

We had to go back for more Maus au Chocolat! Such a great ride! Kristen's favorite!

Clvkb-FUgAAM9sw.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what these dudes are... But here's a picture! lol

[twitter]

/status/746441805156093952[/twitter]

Clvk72qUkAAKZrD.jpg

Clvk74AVYAAJcLA.jpg

Clvk74sUsAAyYaB.jpg

Clvk76MUgAA2Wqt.jpg

A few more rides on Maus au Chocolat to finish off our day!

ClvlBd8VYAEwtZD.jpg

What a great day @Phantasialand! We already have plans to make a return trip as soon as possible!

ClvmkRWWYAA267H.jpg

Goodnight @Phantasialand! Here is the current view from our hotel room balcony!

You can follow our trip LIVE on Twitter:

Hmmm.

Erdbeer ice cream. Sounds intriguing.

EDIT: translation = Strawberry? Huh.

Great TR from the park, Robb and everybody!

Edited by Nrthwnd

LOVE Phantasialand! Probably my favorite theme park in Europe besides Europa Park. The level of detail they put in every corner of the park is stunning + the fact that it's a family-owned business makes it just that more likeable. How's hotel Matamba? I've only stayed at the Ling Bao so far (which I really like because of it's bars).

LOVE Phantasialand! Probably my favorite theme park in Europe besides Europa Park. The level of detail they put in every corner of the park is stunning + the fact that it's a family-owned business makes it just that more likeable. How's hotel Matamba? I've only stayed at the Ling Bao so far (which I really like because of it's bars).

Mantamba is GREAT! It's really on par (maybe even slightly better since it's newer) than Ling Bao but both are amazing. Sadly, the Dragon Bar was closed during this visit.

Mantamba is GREAT! It's really on par (maybe even slightly better since it's newer) than Ling Bao but both are amazing. Sadly, the Dragon Bar was closed during this visit.

Thanks for the heads up, room booked for late July. Shame about Dragon Bar...hope you're returning soon, drinks are on me then.

This is definitely one of my favorite TRs I've followed!

I've been reading this TR and all the footage from these parks is great! The photos of Phantasialand really impressed me, and I must say, nothing like a good rapids ride to get everyone giggling at their friends getting soaked! Sounded like you guys reacted the same way I do to those rides, but that one just looks way more fun and impressive than any of the ones I've been on!

I love Phantasialand, such a beautiful park and with Klugheim/Taron opening next week, it will be even better. I love your tripreport! Btw, there are 6 Dragons at Phantasialand, did you find them all?

To bad the bar was closed, it is such a great way to close out the night

ClzM1EDWAAAOcIC.jpg

ClzM1HxWAAAci5k.jpg

ClzM1JqWkAAgF8o.jpg

ClzM1KHXIAAZeEq.jpg

I am happy to report that Expedition GeForce @HolidayParkHP is still the best damn roller coaster in the world!

ClzSqbAWAAAbh83.jpg

Sky Scream is also an EXCELLENT ride! Awesome to see @HolidayParkHP have two great steel roller coasters!

ClzWKJ8WkAAjAop.jpg

Some @HolidayParkHP friends came out to welcome our group!

ClzbOurWQAAENZM.jpg

ClzbOvRWYAApxKE.jpg

ClzbOwNWQAAno95.jpg

The new Gerstlauer Sky Fly is great! If you love spinning rides you HAVE to try one of these! I did 24 flips in a row! CRAZY!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Clzj_GOXIAANWkZ.jpg

Derek is "GeForce Bounding" today with his clothes selection!

Clzr408WMAAqvf0.jpg

Clzr42nXIAMTuqB.jpg

Clzr41ZWMAArSgz.jpg

Clzr43LWIAA5TzR.jpg

More of the crazy moments on Expedition GeForce!

Clzu_hpWkAAEIbu.jpg

Clzu_goWgAAJv5A.jpg

Clzu_i3WQAAgVHD.jpg

Clzu_lhWgAAUGH0.jpg

Gotta love a dark ride that is based around torture & sex!

Clzys3aWYAAEi5S.jpg

Clzys35WMAAvUUQ.jpg

The Plopsa group have really done a nice job re-theming @HolidayParkHP! It looks nothing like it used to!

Clz2VpJXIAArjsW.jpg

Clz2VpwWQAAN11u.jpg

Clz2VrAWgAERPpD.jpg

They literally have "water cannons" on the Rapids ride!

Cl0Gt6mWYAE-8fn.jpg

Cl0Gt6lWQAAIDzx.jpg

We are going to be riding Expedition GeForce @HolidayParkHP for the next hour or two... Highlight of the trip!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cl0Ut5aWgAAHqep.jpg

Cl0Ut5ZWAAAYA4T.jpg

Cl0Ut6FWkAAw-Tt.jpg

Cl0Ut7wWMAAOCI8.jpg

This has been some DAMN AWESOME riding on Expedition GeForce tonight!!!

Cl0bqaCXEAA7TB9.jpg

Cl0bqafWAAA9fGX.jpg

Cl0bqoQXEAIyp5I.jpg

Cl0bqpNWkAA8C25.jpg

Just some of the cool Expedition GeForce coaster geek stuff you an get in the ride shop!

Cl0muT9WYAA8UKM.jpg

So we rode Sky Scream today @HolidayParkHP and this happened to us! lol

Cl0pueNWEAQ5ymZ.jpg

Expedition GeForce @HolidayParkHP makes you look like this!

Cl0qzz2UYAACHG_.jpg

The first drop on Expedition GeForce @HolidayParkHP is just complete insanity! Just LOOK at that!

Cl0zGrxWAAA6AT0.jpg

I always love seeing how European parks view stereotypical America!

Cl0zIrSWkAEnaKI.jpg

I love that they kept one of the old corkscrews as part of the theming for this new area @HolidayParkHP!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cl0zvTVXEAEW_eg.jpg

Ascended into awesomeness!

Cl0zwsZWYAETSiZ.jpg

Always fun to run into TPR fans in Europe!

Cl0zx1UWIAASjvY.jpg

Cl0zx2oWQAAMHkI.jpg

Garbles quote of the day "that looks like my bed sheets..."

Cl028HTXIAA5Lds.jpg

Cl028HWWQAAGPw6.jpg

Cl028HZXEAAJ9m6.jpg

Cl028LaXEAAfwvg.jpg

Was seriously an amazing day @HolidayParkHP & AWESOME evening on Expedition GeForce! Thank you to the park!

Edited by robbalvey

Cl0_1ZHXEAESQb5.jpg

After an amazing day at Holiday Park, we have checked into Bell Rock hotel at Europa Park. This hotel is simply amazing and our two-story room reminds us that Europa is the *REAL* Walt Disney World of Europe and is totally on par (and in some ways better) than our own Walt Disney World!

We will be at Europa for the next three days! Remember to follow our live updates on Twitter:

\ This hotel is simply amazing and our two-story room reminds us that Europa is the *REAL* Walt Disney World of Europe and is totally on par (and in some ways better) than our own Walt Disney World!

Ain't that the truth. I remember going to the Magic Kingdom for the first time and being so anticipointed after doing Europa Park the year before. If Europa could match what Disney does with Fireworks and nighttime spectaculars, then they really would have everything.

Europa is like if Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Port Aventura were literally smashed together into one park, that also had the fastest operations in the world. Ya'll are going to have so much fun and as usual I'm super jealous and desperate to go back!