TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, this will undoubtly be a crowd pleaser! Looks a bit strange though being all out in the open compared to Manta, which has a lot of vegetation around the ride. But it looks like they have planted quite a bit of trees around the ride so I'm sure that view will change over time.

Btw, anyone else love the design of the zero car??

Looks nice but not as good as Manta on the theme. It's kinda irking me how eerily similar this is to Manta. I do like the color scheme a lot though, it's pretty unique. The splashdown though, is really not even remotely convincing like Manta's where it looks almost like the train is skimming the water.

^^Sheesh, that video title is in all Chinese characters; how the hell did you even find that?

First off, it's Japanese. Secondly, the name of the ride is アクロバット and the name of the park is ナガシマスパーランド

That took me approximately 15 seconds to find using Google. If you know what you're looking for and you're somewhat intelligent, it's really not that hard.

LOVE the color scheme! (And I'm a big fan of B&M Flyers to begin with, too!) Wish more parks utilized that pairing for coasters. Fun Fact: in every one of my RCT parks, you are guaranteed to find two coasters with that exact color scheme, just switching the blue and the green parts. Plus my shoes would match it. Yeah, I'm a big fan of the colors!

^^Sheesh, that video title is in all Chinese characters; how the hell did you even find that?

First off, it's Japanese. Secondly, the name of the ride is アクロバット and the name of the park is ナガシマスパーランド

That took me approximately 15 seconds to find using Google. If you know what you're looking for and you're somewhat intelligent, it's really not that hard.

• 11 months later...
I'm curious to know how the track fabrication process will work for these 4D coasters now. I remember hearing that RMC won't be making the track for these anymore, but will allow S&S to use the patent for ibox??

The iBox track has actually been around for almost 20 years now. Look at the old Intamin tracks for Superman and Tower of terror. I don't think it is a patented track design, and I think S&S will be able to use it for their 4D coasters.

I'm curious to know how the track fabrication process will work for these 4D coasters now. I remember hearing that RMC won't be making the track for these anymore, but will allow S&S to use the patent for ibox??

The iBox track has actually been around for almost 20 years now. Look at the old Intamin tracks for Superman and Tower of terror. I don't think it is a patented track design, and I think S&S will be able to use it for their 4D coasters.

IBox track is patented. RMC has been making the track for S&S. If they're no longer making it, then they're likely licensing it for this application.