Parkitect (PKT) Discussion Thread

Indie theme park game, coming to Steam Early Access
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Parkitect (PKT) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:06 am

^ I think he means www.humblebundle.com since he's asking for the host but if you brought it as a guest it was just tied to a link in your email, but then maybe if you have an account on that website it's saved there as well, I never signed up.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:54 am

Humble bundle is exactly the website I was looking for thank you very much !

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Wow! Thew new objects are amazing especially the inverted coaster and Star Shape. I am so impressed by the mods and custom scenery people are creating. Kudos to the developers for making it so easy to put in custom scenery and rides, I will be posting some of my projects in the near future.

I have a quick question... If I have an existing park, and a new official alpha release comes out, or a new unofficial mod comes out, will I be able to apply the new items to the existing park?

And thanks again Garet!

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:04 pm

tumblr_inline_o56kq0mbmd1si3zx7_1280.png

Yes! That big milestone is finally close - we’ll be releasing Parkitect on Steam Early Access on May 5th.

Our Steam store page is live already, so don’t hesitate and put the game on your wishlist! :D

We prepared a cool new trailer over the past few months for this occasion, made by Marlon Wiebe and Gordon:

And we also revamped our website and updated it with a bunch of recent screenshots!
tumblr_inline_o56lqgrapk1si3zx7_1280.png

The beautiful parks in these shots and in the trailer have been created by the awesome Silvarret and TheDeeGee.

So what’s changing now that the game will be on Steam?

Not too much for now for you guys, really! We’ll keep up our regular development schedule, so the weekly devlogs and monthly Art Streams and new game versions continue as usual (although - we hope we’ll be so busy talking to all the new players on Steam during May that we’ll have less time for development, so don’t expect a huge May update).

We’ll finally change the game’s label from Pre-Alpha to Alpha, so the next release will be called Alpha 1. The plan is to release this to everyone who owns the game on Humble a few days before the Steam release, just so we got a bit of time to iron out any last-minute bugs.

And we’ll also finally bump up the price slightly from $15 to $17.99, starting on May 5th (only applies for those of you who haven’t bought the game yet, of course). As was the case with the current price we expect this to stay stable for quite some time, with another small increase once significant amounts of new content and features have been added again.
Source
Soon all three current theme park builders will be on their own versions of early access (Planet Coaster's the only one not on Steam)! They're also finally slightly raising the price of the game.

ECZenith wrote:I have a quick question... If I have an existing park, and a new official alpha release comes out, or a new unofficial mod comes out, will I be able to apply the new items to the existing park?

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to use them once you get them. I've had one park I've been adding to with every new alpha that rolls out.
Last edited by Midgetman82 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:05 pm.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:06 am

^The notice about the future price increases got me to finally break and buy the game.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Bowski » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:57 am

If we already bought the game, can we transfer it into steam?

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:35 pm

I hope so. It mentioned in the last part that earlier backers get the regular Alpha before Steam buyers.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Blue Turbo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:01 pm

If you have already purchased the alpha, a Steam key will be provided through the humble store
Capture1.JPG

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby StarWars » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:23 pm

Alpha 1 is available now. The Steam version is out next week.

Blue Turbo wrote:If you have already purchased the alpha, a Steam key will be provided through the humble store

Awesome! I was wondering about that.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:12 am

Much as I love having a new steepness level it seems to go from 45 degrees to 80 degrees. There's nothing inbetween. Which is really annoying.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness