TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

I would love to see a special on how they designed all the rocks for this land. They must have had to lighten the structure somehow and do some crazy engineering to get this to not only stay up, but survive the weather in Florida!

If I know anything about Disney it is that if there is an opportunity to share a story about how and attraction is engineered or built, then that you can bet that a tv special will be made. I fully expect an hour long ABC special about Avatar the World of Pandora to be released when the new section opens.

Did Disney announce about the boat ride in the Pandora World Of Avatar and do you know the name of the boat Ride in Pandora World Of Avatar?

Perhaps the name is "Boat Ride in the Pandora World of Avatar"?

I think it's "Na'vi River Journey."

• 2 months later...

Update on Rivers of Light from the Disney Parks Blog:

First Look: ‘Rivers of Light’ To Debut April 22 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

riversoflight-f.jpg

Today we’re happy to share that Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s first-ever night-time show, “Rivers of Light,” will officially debut at the park on April 22.

The show, set on Discovery River in the Asia section of the park, will depict an ancient lantern festival guided by two storytellers who call forth four animal Spirit Guides: an Asian Tiger, Tropical Turtle, African Elephant and Great Horned Owl. These Spirit Guides return at different points during the show to lead the audience through their journey through the Rivers of Light.

Check out the video below to get the first look at some of the illuminated lanterns, water screens, moving fountains, light projections and other amazing elements that will be featured in “Rivers of Light.”

We’ll have much more to share with you as work continues toward the show’s April 22 debut. Be sure to keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they had a at the festival of the lion king show. Not sure how much damage, but the rest of today's shows were canceled and tomorrows shows may be as well. More info here....

http://www.wesh.com/news/fire-breaks-out-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-officials-say/38624118

Video of people being evacuated in the smoke.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-fire-lion-king-show-disney-20160321-story.html

Has anyone heard anything more about the opening of Rivers of Light? I know they announced April 22nd as the opening date but looking at park hours today AK is only open until 6:30 on the 22nd, and it doesn't look like there is fastpass for Rivers of Light available for that day yet. I wonder if there will be a media only event that evening or something it's been so long since they opened a new major show like this that I don't really remember how they handled the opening.

I am also curious about the whole extended park hours that they are supposedly offering after River of Light opens (and the night safaris too). Looking at the calendar as it is currently posted the parks hours look fairly normal (6pm-7pm closings) and it's not open 8pm until the beginning of June.

Looks like they had a at the festival of the lion king show. Not sure how much damage, but the rest of today's shows were canceled and tomorrows shows may be as well. More info here....

http://www.wesh.com/news/fire-breaks-out-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-officials-say/38624118

Video of people being evacuated in the smoke.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-fire-lion-king-show-disney-20160321-story.html

Doesn't look like it was too serious.

• 2 weeks later...

SO I just saw Zootopia and thought it was great, it was another home run for Disney-Pixar. I could see this movie easily being the next big franchise, probably not Frozen big but like Cars and Finding Nemo big.

While I was watching the movie I kept thing to myself this would be a great addition to Animal Kingdom. I am not sure where they would put it however I would mind seeing that Dinosaur part of the park removed with the crappy roller coaster being shut down for a Zootopia expansion.

^I haven't seen Zootopia yet, but pretty much anything would be better than that stupid carnival area. AK is such a beautiful park with a fantastic atmosphere, except this one area which sticks out like a sore thumb. I would definitely not mind seeing it replaced with something else.

While I was watching the movie I kept thing to myself this would be a great addition to Animal Kingdom. I am not sure where they would put it however I would mind seeing that Dinosaur part of the park removed with the crappy roller coaster being shut down for a Zootopia expansion.

I agree. Zootopia would be a good fit for Animal Kingdom.