TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Batman is still complete greatness. I think it proved that during Holiday in the Park. I'm sure that thing blew people's minds back in 1993. Even now whenever we hit the brake run we look at each other trying to figure out wtf just happened.

I was blown away on Batman when I went on it backwards this past year...

This is a great point I forgot about. Riding Batman backwards this summer was one of the few times I've been seriously disoriented on a coaster. Just when I thought I knew the layout, they went and flipped it on me! Get it?! FLIPPED?!?!

...I'll see myself out.

Hopefully I'm not too late but I just wanted to chime in that the 1988 video is one of my favorite commercials ever, even though I never even came close to actually seeing it on TV. I frequently watch it just because.

FEEL THE WOOOONDER IN THE AAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMCATCH THE MAAAAAAAGIC EEEEVERYWHEEEEERE

Batman was running exceptionally well during HITP, moving up in my rankings just from that handful of rides in January. Both smoother and faster than ever. It really is a great ride, and one of the best in the park. And since we're talking about it, I really loved Namtab more than I thought I would, and part of me wishes it could stay like that. Except for the super tingly feet thing it did to me, that was weird.

Except for the super tingly feet thing it did to me, that was weird.

Batman does that to me every time. That's why as much as I love the ride, I'll never ride more than twice in a row.

Except for the super tingly feet thing it did to me, that was weird.

Batman does that to me every time. That's why as much as I love the ride, I'll never ride more than twice in a row.

One and done like me? Wait to you hit my age.....and you'll see why I'm not excited about the carnival ride on the lake!

.....I'll see myself out now

Hi guys, I'm planning to visit SFGA this June and not having been there I went through POV videos on Youtube and prioritised the rides as per below.

You will probably get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer from the list - that said, I may have missed some good stuff so it would be appreciated if you guys can make recommendations and reasons why. Note that I'll be visiting a bunch of other parks so you will come across similar posts elsewhere - and I had a feedback that one couldn't get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer, I guess probably because it's only small sample of rides I listed for a specific park but if you look through my other posts you would get there (IMO, that is) - regardless, any feedback is welcome.

1. Nitro, El Toro

2. Batman: The Ride, Green Lantern, Kingda Ka, The Joker

3. Bizzaro, Superman: Ultimate Flight

maybe Jumanzaro: Drop of Doom

I couldn't quite rate Skull Mountain and The Dark Knight as they are dark rides and POV videos weren't exactly helpful (understandably) - anyone care to comment what they are like pls?

Cheers,

Sam

Never been to SFGAdv but I will say, not only are the Batman clones one of the greatest inverts (Not to mention B&M rides) ever made, but when I rode the one at SFMM backwards it literally screwed my equilibrium the hell up, and created sensations in my body on a roller coaster that I never ever felt before.

We sat in the last seat facing backward, and after we got off that lift chain, it was insane for the entire ride for me.

For the first time in my life, I actually refused to get on it consecutively, because as I walked down the exit ramp, I was still trying to figure out what the hell had happened to me, and why those 45 seconds screwed my body up so much.

Here's how I would rank the major rides:

1. El Toro/Nitro/Waffle Cart's Revenge/Bathroom: The Ride

2. The Joker/Bizarro/Kingda Ka/Batman: The Ride/Safari off-road Adventure

3. Superman: Ultimate Flight/Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom

4. Skull Mountain/Runaway Mine Train/Dark Knight

5. Sky Screamer/Twister (Twix: The Ride)/Swashbuckler/El Diablo/Houdini

6.Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train/Road Runner Railway/Every kiddie ride and family ride in the park

7. Parking Lot: The Ride

8. Being forced to go to Six Flags New England

9. Almost being set on fire by 2 drunk guys while waiting in line for El Toro: The Ride

10. Green Lantern

Hi guys, I'm planning to visit SFGA this June and not having been there I went through POV videos on Youtube and prioritised the rides as per below.

You will probably get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer from the list - that said, I may have missed some good stuff so it would be appreciated if you guys can make recommendations and reasons why. Note that I'll be visiting a bunch of other parks so you will come across similar posts elsewhere - and I had a feedback that one couldn't get the idea of what kind of ride I prefer, I guess probably because it's only small sample of rides I listed for a specific park but if you look through my other posts you would get there (IMO, that is) - regardless, any feedback is welcome.

1. Nitro, El Toro

2. Batman: The Ride, Green Lantern, Kingda Ka, The Joker

3. Bizzaro, Superman: Ultimate Flight

maybe Jumanzaro: Drop of Doom

I couldn't quite rate Skull Mountain and The Dark Knight as they are dark rides and POV videos weren't exactly helpful (understandably) - anyone care to comment what they are like pls?

Cheers,

Sam

Must rides: El Toro, Nitro, Kingda Ka, Zumanjaro.

Personally Toro and Nitro are two of my favorite rides in and out of the park. Nitro is a people eater so even if the line is long just wait, it will move. El Toro will likely blow you away and you'll want to ride it again. The magic seat is the middle row of the last car. Olé! Thank me later. Zumanjaro is great - not the most intense drop ride but the view is great, the drop is loooooooong and the ride is fun. And for whatever reason it never has a ridiculously huge line. Kingda Ka I'm not a huge fan of but many folks love it and its definitely a must ride. It is the tallest coaster on earth and all...

Solid supporting cast: Batman, Bizarro, Skull Mountain, Runaway Mine Train.

As you can see we've been gushing about Batman the last few pages, its running better than ever. Bizarro is hands down the best looping coaster in the park, get twisted at night with the effects (fire, lights, mist, etc) working. Best in the front of the train. Its back in the middle of nowhere so waits are usually minimal. Skull Mountain is nothing spectacular but its unique for a junior coaster and kind of cheesy but fun. Sit in the back for a really nice pop of airtime over the first drop. RMT is a really solid old school mine train. Great setting in the woods with a fantastic finale over the lake with some brief yet good moments of airtime. Choo-choo!

Fun but skippable: Superman, The Dark Knight.

If you haven't ridden a flying coaster do Superman, but do it early. Lines always get long and move excruciatingly slow. Dark Knight - a wild mouse in a box. Can be fun if the effects/props are all working but not worth waiting in a long line for, imo.

Skip unless you enjoy headaches and being beat up: Green Lantern

Will box your ears in. Some (crazy) people like the ride but I hate it. Like Superman can be a slow loader so line moves slower.

The Joker I can't comment on as its not built yet and I haven't ridden its brother in Texas. It doesn't look appealing to me but I can guarantee lines will be ridculous this year as its being built right at the end of Main Street and its our big fancy new ride, and nothing like the GP around these parts has ever seen.

Flats worth checking: Skyscreamer, Houdini, Skyride.

Skyscreamer is fun, though the wait is typically long, the Skyride is long and offers a ton of great views not to mention a convenient shortcut across the park. Houdini is just weird and funky but interesting if you've never ridden a Vekoma madhouse. I've never ridden Twister or El Diablo.

^He covered all of it. The wildcard is Safari Off Road Adventure. It's amazing and totally unique as far as regional parks go. The tour includes lions, tigers, bears (oh my), giraffes, elephants, rhinos, kangaroos, reptiles and tons of other animals... many of which are extinct in the wild. It's almost guaranteed to include an adorable lion and tiger cub being raised together in Camp Aventura this year. Yes... An adorable lion and tiger cub being raised together. Lol

Ride parachutes too. It's like a 5 minute wait and it's the only one left in America.

The ride is exceptional but if coasters are your #1 priority it will take about 2 hours out of your day so it might throw a wrench in your plans.

Oh and random but this is important...

RIDE KINGDA KA IN ROW ONE. ALL OTHER ROWS ARE A WASTE OF TIME. ITS WORTH THE ADDITIONAL WAIT TIME. KINGDA KA IN ROW ONE WILL BLOW YOUR MIND RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE.

Best seats on other rides: El Toro - one from the back. Always a short wait. In the station there will be a backup of idiots in front of the station. Push towards the back of the station and the waits will be short and the rides will be better.

Batman: row 1 (this will only cost you an extra 5 mins tops)

Skull Mountain: very back row. This won't cost you additional time but it will change your life.

Bizarro: last row. It really rips you down the first drop.

Green Lantern: The test seat out front. Every seat on the actual ride sucks.

Nitro is great everywhere... I like sitting towards the back but it doesn't matter.

Nitro is great everywhere... I like sitting towards the back but it doesn't matter.

Don't listen to this joker. Back row all day, specifically the far right side. It really does have a little more rip through the two left turns (after the drop and before the helix).

^ Agreed. It's really good in the front and back, though in the front it feels like its going to rip your face off. Same with Bizarro - both front and back are best, but I prefer the front as it amplifies the whole floorless thing.

This man thinks Skyrush is GREAT.

Fixed. Anyways, Skinny Billy is just jealous he doesn't have my meaty thighs that allow me to enjoy the sh*t out of some Skyrush.