TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Guys I need to offer a HOT TAKE on this ride on the other side of the world that I won't ride for at least a calendar year; maybe more. RED HOT TAKES. Your retinas will burn, embedded with fire emojis.

THE LAPBARS LOOK SOFT.

THE WHITE COLOR OF TRACK TOO EASILY BLENDS IN WITH THE HAZE PRESENT IN THE AREA FROM SAND AND ALUMINUM PROCESSING, IT SHOULD BE BLUE.

DOES THE PROPELLOR SPIN IF NOT FAIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL

aogagskanhyraoFORCEZZZZZZZZZZZ

I think we broke him, guys. Does anyone know where the reset button is on this model?

Guys I need to offer a HOT TAKE on this ride on the other side of the world that I won't ride for at least a calendar year; maybe more. RED HOT TAKES. Your retinas will burn, embedded with fire emojis.

THE LAPBARS LOOK SOFT.

THE WHITE COLOR OF TRACK TOO EASILY BLENDS IN WITH THE HAZE PRESENT IN THE AREA FROM SAND AND ALUMINUM PROCESSING, IT SHOULD BE BLUE.

I think we broke him, guys. Does anyone know where the reset button is on this model?

I AM REBORN. FLYING ACES. YES.

After the loop it doesn't let up at all. Still lots of air and hang time. Although if you know better than me I will now to your superior opinion.

I really wish people would stop trying to decide how the ride is based on an off ride video and the speed it appears to be going when someone who has ridden it says it has great pacing and forces. Jeebus.

THIS. Over and over and over again, until people realize that maybe, just maybe, you might want to freaking RIDE something to form your opinion of how "forceful" a coaster is!! Jeebus indeed! Oh, someone trusted on the site rode it?? I dunno, but I watched a video!!!11!

I think the part that made me laugh the most was when he almost immediately contradicted himself:

I know I am in the minority here, but after the loop the coaster really doesn't seem to be all that amazing. I'd take Skyrush or MF over this coaster any day. (Yes, I know videos, and photos don't do the ride justice) but just watching this video is not enough to make me want to book a flight to go ride this coaster.

So, you know videos don't do the ride justice, and you know someone here actually rode it saying the pacing is great, but you'll still judge off of the video anyway? Got it, makes perfect sense then!

I can understand that at first glance, it may look slow in the video, but if you concentrate and watch carefully, you can see the way it flies through the course. You need to take into account the fact that ride is being recorded from far away and the fact that each element is a lot larger than it appears. Compare this to watching a plane "slowly" fly across the sky.

Even if it IS slower than Skyrush, for this ride we can blame it on losing some momentum from the awesome heart-shaped non-inversion that Skyrush lacks.

I can understand that at first glance, it may look slow in the video, but if you concentrate and watch carefully, you can see the way it flies through the course. You need to take into account the fact that ride is being recorded from far away and the fact that each element is a lot larger than it appears. Compare this to watching a plane "slowly" fly across the sky.

Even if it IS slower than Skyrush, for this ride we can blame it on losing some momentum from the awesome heart-shaped non-inversion that Skyrush lacks.

Agreed. The first time I watched this it appeared slow because I was watching the whole train go through the course. The second time I watched it, I focused on the backrow people and they just flew through the whole course with the train pulling them over the humps, it looks a lot faster when you focus on one row of the train. This coaster looks just amazing!

THE LAPBARS LOOK SOFT.

Quoting this because these are exactly my concerns. In the exact same order.

After the loop it doesn't let up at all. Still lots of air and hang time. Although if you know better than me I will now to your superior opinion.

I'm very happy that I was wrong in my initial reaction after seeing the first testing video a few days ago. This coaster is now on my bucket list!!

Agreed. The first time I watched this it appeared slow because I was watching the whole train go through the course. The second time I watched it, I focused on the backrow people and they just flew through the whole course with the train pulling them over the humps, it looks a lot faster when you focus on one row of the train. This coaster looks just amazing!

Guess I need to re-watch the video, and focus more on the back row rather than the entire train.

Quick question: Is Ferrari World ever busy? Are there lines for Formula Rossa, should we expect lines for this coaster?

Are they making a profit as a park?

Just wondering because whenever I see photos it doesn't seem like there's a lot of people there waiting in line, visiting other attractions, or walking through the elaborate shopping center and spending money. I understand they're growing and trying to do what they can to bring people in, but if it's not busy, I wonder how long they'll be able to sustain and maintain such a huge atmosphere with the type of money they're spending on attractions like this.

Quick question: Is Ferrari World ever busy? Are there lines for Formula Rossa, should we expect lines for this coaster?

Are they making a profit as a park?

Just wondering because whenever I see photos it doesn't seem like there's a lot of people there waiting in line, visiting other attractions, or walking through the elaborate shopping center and spending money. I understand they're growing and trying to do what they can to bring people in, but if it's not busy, I wonder how long they'll be able to sustain and maintain such a huge atmosphere with the type of money they're spending on attractions like this.

A lot of the TR's I have read have people going weekdays early morning at opening and hopping over to the nearby water-park or doing the water park in the day and Ferrari World late evening as well. I think both parks have a fast-pass so it helps get around so quick.

Also I think a lot of people who do the TR's are enthusiasts and research enough beforehand to find out what time to visit and work around the crowds. For example, I read peoples reviews about Lotte World having over 3 hour lines for rides like the gyro-swing or Comet coaster, but in almost 6 years of doing TR's for Lotte World I've never seen a wait more than a hour because I know when to avoid the park and generally do my pictures before noon when the crowds will pour in.

Some observations:

-Drop doesn't have the hitch that Skyrush does. The crazy speed of the lift should make up for that, though.

-That non-inverted loop is probably AMAZING in the back winged seats. It goes through with better speed than I imagined.

-Layout is definitely more tame than Skyrush, but there is at least a couple moments of airtime and those crazy turns that Skyrush has which flings you around everywhere. Otherwise, it looks like it is a nice, long ride with good variety of elements. Considering Skyrush was borderline too intense, it is a good thing for mass appeal that Flying Aces doesn't push the throttle all the way.

Really gotta get out to Dubai someday!